• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(LSD / 400 ug) - Exp. - My most horrible LSD experience resulting in Hospitalization

TheCuriousOne

Bluelighter
This is my experience about my LSD experience that went so horribly wrong, it left me scarred.
So, me and a friend planned on tripping for a long time and everything was calculated.

It started off on 2pm, we took each 400 Micrograms, 2.5 potent tabs (our highest dose so far, but we were experienced with 250ug already).
The first 15 minutes I was really nervous and a little bit anxious about this experience, but I kept telling myself to just let go and enjoy it, as is. I was very prepared and if something happened, I would meditate or just lay on the ground, trying to relax.

Well, after only 20 minutes I could feel it kicking in, way too early. I felt the typical LSD tingles and the alien-headspace. But there was also an immense, negative bodyload and jitters. I was completely overstimulated, I had to keep moving, it was impossible for me to sit in one place or to relax. I was trying so hard to just accept and deal with the situation. I was trying so hard to enjoy the acute effects, to just keep smiling but the jittery bodyload and my anxiety was unbearable. My heart was racing immensely (180bpm resting) and I couldn't fucking stand it.
It was extremely hot outside and I was sweating profusely.

The music I was listening to sounded so deep, like it sounded so weird and different... it was too much for me to handle.
Afterwards I decided to return back home with my friend because It was just too hot, I became scared that I would overheat in the direct exposure to the sunlight under the influence of acid.

On the way home, my whole vision was shifting, bending, full of colours... this part was very enjoyable but I couldn't concentrate on the visuals because of the bodyload and the anxious headspace. I also felt like floating above the ground while walking. As if I was this ball of energy in the 4th dimension just traveling through space. My mind was really dissociated from my body, I felt like my body did not belong to my mind.

We arrived at home at 3pm and this is were things escalated. I started hearing voices in my head that wouldn't stop talking about me. I was sweating extremely hard, I thought I was experiencing serotonin syndrome and would die this moment. I was experiencing the worst anxiety attacks in my life. I did not know what to do next.

All I did was running back and forth in sheer panic. Repeating the same phrases over and over again getting louder. With increasing intensity every time. Mental + Physical Looping. I started to say really fucked up shit that got my friend even more scared.

This part really scared me to death:

I experienced psychotic symptoms similar to schizophrenia. I had alien-like entities talking about me THAT my life and my existence was just a test. These alien voices were laughing at me because at how insanely I behaved and tripped the fuck out. These voices told me that I would never be able to get out this trip. They told me I will stay this way forever. These alien entities knew all about my life and saying shit about me in 3rd person like: "He's never going to get it. He's trapped. He will never understand until the day he dies.
I was reapeating "I'M NEVER GOING TO DRUGS EVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE" over and over again.
I couldn't understand why this was happening, my 5 trips before were all positive but on a much lower dose.

The effects got worse and worse, I was litterally blinded by the visuals, it was too much for me to handle. At this point I wanted it to end but we had not any benzos on hand. I felt like there were multiple personalities inside me. I was seeing myself as an old desperate, psychotic man. I felt like the whole world knew about this trip and my life. I kept bubbling words like ILLUMINATI, out of wowhere and I started connecting everything together in a total psychotic way. My Ego was brutally murdered at this time and I thought I would stay this way forever. I started perceiving myself and the universe as ONE consciousness.

Although I perfectly knew that there is no way that I would die from the physical LSD effects, the body load felt so horrible, I kept telling myself that I would die because of circulatory collapse or a seizure. The same goes with the psychiological effects. I had tripped 5 times before this and always recovered. But this time It felt like THIS was IT. Now I am going to snap. I will lose my mind. FOREVER.

I wanted to call the ambulance but at that point I wasn't even knowing what a hospital is. I couldn't even talk and my words didn't make any sense. I wanted to do something to end this trip, but I just did not know what. Nothing made sense, Every possible option was a threat to my life. I was stuck in an endless loop that kept repeating and repeating itself without any way out. My thoughts were racing, NOTHING could help me out in this state. Not even God.

Later my friend told me that appearantly I ran out in sheer panic outside with only my shorts on and screamed my guts out. A moment later one of my neighbours called a cab and made me get sent to the hospital.

When we arrived at the hospital things got EVEN WORSE. I saw the nurses as vivid monsters and animals that wanted to harm and kill me. I thought they would know all about my personal secrets and subconscious insecurites. I was screaming shit like "Am I going to die?/ I don't wanna die". I even requested Valium to calm me down, they did NOTHING. They were just fucking WATCHING ME. I felt like I MADE A MISTAKE by arriving at the hospital.

The nurses were VERY rude to me despite my hours-long anxiety attacks. As far as I remember, these simpleminded nurses were talking about me in 3rd person like "Damn, he's not going to come down", "He looks like he has lost it permanently" or something like "He belongs to the ward".

Hearing shit like that in my state made me imagine myself as a vegetable in a padded cell, which made me even freak out more than before. The whole time I was thinking the nurses were brainwashing or playing mindgames with me. The nurses were pushing and pulling me, threatening to call the cops, telling me something like "It's your own fault, druggie".

One of the fucking nurse was forcing me to pee in the cup, I said I couldn't do it with her standing besides me. She insisted and forced me to pee in it or else they would force me to with a catheter. Hearing all this, I could not believe I was actually going through all this on ACID. I felt like a jew in a concentration camp, that's how bad I felt. I could not handle all this agonizing pain,

It all was just too much... I was too traumatized, so I collapsed on the floor. In a foetal position, being completely catatonic and shaking. The police arrives.
EVERYONE IN THE HOSPITAL WAS FUCKING WATCHING ME. Definitely the worst fucking day in my life.

From there on I have a black out:
I wake up the next day with the aftereffects. After they collected a blood sample from me, I was free to go home.

Here I am, feeling fucked up and clueless. This trip was supposed to teach me a lesson, or give me a really profound and spiritual, positive experience... but I only got the worst, traumatizing and psychotic day IN MY LIFE.
I really don't know what to do now. Can you give me some advice how to move on?
How could I have prevented this anxiety and the overstimulation?

EDIT: It was marquis tested LSD.

Last edited:
To me this seems to be how psychedelics remind someone who's treating them lightly and as a purely recreational toy that they have a very profound intense potential and that they can shake your world up silly when you least expect it. I've taken some crazy high doses of certain psys and I know LSD is a very safe drug and also very easy-going but still it surprises me that so many people push the dosage and don't expect that this type of experience might happen.

Having had the dosage tested for the LSD I've consumed I find 100-110ug (which is about 1 average euro blotter, or 1-2 in the US depending on quality I believe) a full dose and one that can get fairly intense, 200ug can get pretty crazy and anything over that it seems obvious that these experiences will happen if you're unprepared or have the wrong set or setting.

All feelings tend to be amplified at the very least tenfold on a good dose of a decent psychedelic - and that goes for negative ones too, so if you've ever had any anxiety issues (like myself) or aren't in the best location or state of mind when tripping it's very easy for this to set off an ever-expanding negative thought pattern that grips you in its hold, convinces you that you're mad, or dead, or dying, or any number of other things that can scare you senseless or make you very upset.

I've had this type of experience before with a couple of psychedelics, most notably a couple of times with extreme doses of 4-AcO-DMT. Use it as a lesson and see it as a good thing, psychedelics are wonderfully potent tools for therapy, introspection, and exploration - but they shouldn't be treated without the respect they deserve, they aren't toys and things can very easily get uncomfortable if you're not prepared in any way.

In future don't push this kind of dosage, make sure you're in a good mind set and a place you're comfortable with people you're happy to be tripping around - and hey you said it yourself - you requested benzos during the experience, maybe keep some around in the case of a bad trip, they can kill this sort of anxiety dead and help ease your trip back into a positive mindset in such an event (though that doesn't mean that they're a get out of jail free card for bad experiences, just that they'll usually help a great deal). :)

Hope this helps and try not to worry so much about your experience, and don't ignore the lesson you've been given - psychedelics are kind of like an oven, problem free when used correctly but act like they're toys and you'll get burned. A similar experience for me completely changed my perspective on psychedelics and made me respect them for the power they have, since then I only trip when I know it's *right* not just whenever willy-nilly, I rarely mess about with high doses and when I do I make sure I'm very much prepared (and make sure I know I'm still never 100% fully prepared for what's to come ;)) - I've learnt to see how actually low/medium dose psychedelics tend to be easier to work with as tools and cause less rise to such problems, and as a result psychedelics have dramatically improved my life, I even cured my social anxiety that I faced for most of my life with a single trip on AMT about a year after this said experience. :)

The perfect consumer's view of everything:
if so much is good then more is always better - consume consume consume consume.

in the end, teachers do not teach, they provide some clues and the student has to find out for themselves how it all goes together.

you got so many clues in this report - it could take a lifetime to understand it.

(you cannot ingest understanding)

perhaps for now, if you want to take it, work up to larger doses slowly. and I agree with the above suggestion, keep something around that will calm you. I tend to experience large amounts of pain when taking LSD (I have inflamed joints, skeletal problems and lymphadenopathy) - the LSD either makes me focus on it more, or makes it feel more intense, so I keep T3 around. also my partner has had serotonin syndrome a few times before so I make sure to keep some things around, including a thermometer, cool water to soak a towel in if needed... if you start to get a fever, that is when you know something is going very wrong.

maybe there is something to learn in your trip. I'm sorry you experienced such anxiety. I have had some bad times before but there was always still a lesson for me in them. remind yourself that you do come back. I believe everybody has the ability to come back from these experiences, even if it really shakes people. would watching something that would have eased your mind have helped? something really inspiring and soothing. take it easy for now and stay away from anything too stimulating. could you have engaged these voices, instead of getting overwhelmed by them? maybe there was more to them than you realize. just a thought!

take care.

Apparently you experienced drug-induced psychosis, not only the voices and split personalities mentioned but also definitely that 'everything was a threat to your life' is an expression of ontological insecurity, which I guess is also closely related to what is more commonly said among trippers about our ego's getting murdered. Only this is far more brutal and out of control.

I don't think that 100% of trips going awry can be helped (easily) by good guidance, and occasionally it may be bad luck to run into very strong body loads and anxiety. When that time is also a huge dosis, that seems like a recipe for disaster. Apart from a signal that great emphasis should be put on set & setting, I am really not too sure if there was a lesson to learn here that you needed to go through, perhaps this was one of those times where you would have been better off killing the trip with an anti-psychotic. A 5HT-2A antagonist one for sure, but maybe in this case also one that has dopamine antagonism (many of them do).

Personally I am not too trusting of taking huge doses in one go, and have always preferred staggering it for much better (safer and less tricky) result. Not that economical but it works IME.

Sorry this happened, it is sad that sometimes we go through painful and traumatic things that were not really deserved or therapeutic or whatever. At the same time we should all be careful but I don't feel like you should blame yourself. Just see how you might prevent or remedy something like that from happening again.

Are you okay with this going in the Trip Reports section?

Thanks for all your responses.
My mindset was positive before this experience and I had tripped various times on this setting before, without a problem.
I think it was the weather and the bodyload that caused the anxiety attacks.

Feel free to move this on to TripReports.

The only thing that's fucking me up right now is people broke into my fucking house -.-
Or LE?
Could it be that the hospital called LE and they collected evidence against me, or is it unlikely?

Last edited:
the important thing is IMHO - how are you feeling now?
maybe there actually was a lesson to be learned: next time you plan on ingesting big doses of psychedelics keep some benzos and antipsychs on hand.

I'm feeling fucking depressed and drained.
I want to sleep all the time to forget all this.

Mostly I'm pissed because of my laptop and my phone.

Isn't your friends supposed to know whether the door was left open or if he specifically remembered closing it, and whether LE came and was allowed access? I guess he was on 400 ug too and found the experience disturbing, but maybe he knows.
If the door was not just left open they would have needed a warrant and would have to break the door down. If the door was left open it is just as likely or more likely that you got robbed.

The cops coming to take your phone and laptop really sounds more like something they might do in the US than in Germany. Especially if there is no notification or anything, it seems unlikely. You weren't even really breaking any laws or being a problem for other people were you? I mean they called a cab, not the alarm number...

I get that this must have exhausted you, just rest for now and make sure you eat enough... then when you regain your strength get your affairs in order and get past this.

PD >> TR

This happened yesterday..
And yes my friend was also on 400ug and he was also overwhelmed...
there was nothing he could do to help, he was in panic himself.

But I think I gained one little thing out of this whole mess...
What doesn't kill me only can make me stronger.
:/

There's nothing quite as uniquely shattering as a psychedelic experience gone wrong.

Hang in there. You'll bounce back after a week at the worst. And, like you say, you'll be a better person for it.

... They said something like "It's your own fault, druggie". They were pushing and pulling me all the time to point of wanting an urine sample. One of the nurse was forcing me to pee in the cup, I said I couldn't do it with her standing besides me. She insisted and forced me to pee in it. I felt like a jew in a concentration camp, that's how bad I felt. They threatened to call the cops if I did not cooperate. From there on I have a black out.
Nurses... They dont even know how to treat a patient. They are indeed the Angels of Death.

Maybe the body load was due to the LSD not being the best quality?

I say this simply because I've noticed different sources of LSD having different levels of body loads. I suppose it could be varying lysergamides that are too specific for my kit to test for, who knows. I just gotta say I freaked out on LSD a little bit once or twice and the body load has had a slightly different character any time I have ended up panicing on it.

Nurses... They dont even know how to treat a patient. They are indeed the Angels of Death.

It was beyond horrible how the fucking nurses treated me. They made fun of my condition and played mind games on me.
There were short periods of time when I achieved to calm myself down after the intense horror I experienced.

I remember saying something like: "I'm OK now, I have calm down" and they just mocked me and said very rude things like: "Oh really? Look at that druggie, he has calmed down now" or "Look at yourself you clown, you are ridiculous" ... which afterwards left me in more shock . Fucked up fucking nurses, taking their stress because of their shit job out on me during my miserable trip. I was beyond fucked up, I could not even verbally defend myself. I literally felt mentally raped by these fucking nursing sluts.
That was quite traumatizing and I don't exactly know wether I have completely recovered from the experience.

Last edited:
If I were you, I probably wouldn't dose yet. Weed has potential for causing kind of weird flashbacks of psychadelics, I especially find when used even in the next couple weeks or months after tripping. But dosing on the same substance that put you in the hospital wouldn't help combat the anxiety of it, that's just what I think anyway.