Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - 2C-I cross tolerance?

Ineffable14

Bluelighter
Hey BL,
I dosed some pretty weak blotter last night for a bbq with some friends. It's was ok but just not as intense as I would have liked. Ended up just keeping me awake for hours and eventually I took some etizolam to fall asleep.

I have a small supply of 2c-I and was wondering if a cross tolerance between the L and the I to affect one another. Not to mention the etizolam( which I believe leave the body quite quickly) I was really wanting to dose say? 10-12mgs and ride my bike to a view point by my house. Will there be a tolerance issue already? And will the etizolam full and psychedelics I could take today. Cheers for the info??

All of these psychedelic drugs (phenethylamines, lysergamides, tryptamines) basically work on the same receptor sites in the brain, so they all have cross tolerance with each other. I think there's slightly less tolerance between two different drugs in these classes that between a drug and itself, because they all have a slightly different profile for how they affect the different receptor subtypes. The rule of thumb though is that psychedelic tolerance is psychedelic tolerance is psychedelic tolerance.

Etizolam will probably strongly dampen psychedelics if taken at the same time, but I wouldn't expect cross tolerance between etiz + a PD after the etizolam has worn off. It works on different receptors.

If you took some LSD last night and it wasn't very strong you could probably still trip tonight on 2C-I but it would be better to wait a week. 10-12mg sounds like a safe dose for 2C-I but I can't remember the exact dosages for that one.

10-12mg of 2C-I would be a moderate dose for most people. And yeah, you should wait at least a week or two before taking it, otherwise it's just going to go to waste because of tolerance. Etizolam is weird, it has a half-life of about 3-4 hours but it also has some active metabolites that hang around for significantly longer.