Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(LSD / 200 µg ) - First Time - "Nothing is happening, oh wait, yes it is!"

Firth

Bluelighter
ITS A LONG ONE! I've attached it as a PDF also... It's much easier on the eyes in this format. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/download.php?Number=20206926

My First Time on LSD

Intro

On Saturday, 28/2014, at 23:30, I placed a small square piece of paper containing what is alleged to be 200µg (200 micrograms, 0.0002g) of pure lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) onto my tongue. 2 days prior to administration I had used speed (amphetamine sulphate), I seemed to have recovered from the crash completely. I was just a little tired today after work, my wood was neither good or bad. I was relaxed. So, the paper blotter had no taste to it. I let it sit on and under my tongue for around 15 minutes, occasionally moving it around my mouth, before swallowing it. Then, I waited… Little did I know that in 2 hours I would be experiencing a +3 on the Shulgin scale.

Me & A Little About My Drug Use

I’m a 21 year year old male and I weigh 9 stone (125 lbs). I am fairly well educated and have held a reasonable good job for the last few years. I have a fantastic family and would say I am fairly well grounded with reality, I guess some aspects of my life could possibly be better, but overall, all is well, life goes on, and I wouldn’t say I’m ‘unhappy’ as such. Life is life, it has it’s ups and downs. I used this information as means of deciding whether or not I should try psychedelic drugs.

I had been intending to try LSD for quite a long time. I first heard about it in school but all drugs scared me back then. I had first tried a drug in 2011 (cannabis) then started reading about other substances. Psychedelic drugs interested me after trying cannabis; I dabbled with the idea of trying LSD, Psilocybin containing mushrooms and 25i-NBOMe, at one point I had almost ordered 25i-NBOMe from a dealer but all of a sudden became very apprehensive and decided against it. I had read so much about people having bad trips and assumed that I would end up having one whenever I tried psychedelics, I couldn’t get these thoughts out of my head, no matter how much I tried to. I was a little disappointed with myself for it, so I shelved the idea, I knew I would return to it when I was ready.

Around 18 months later, after trying MDMA (I was even apprehensive about this), I said to myself, ‘hey, that went quite well, try psychedelics, you have nothing to lose’, so I took the plunge and decided to try psychedelics, my first psychedelic experience was under the influence of DMT (Dimethyltryptamine), I liked the idea of an experience that only lasted 15 minutes. It was amazing, the euphoria and visuals I experienced were out of this world. A few weeks later, I decided to try a small dose of mushrooms, the body high was amazing, I didn’t get many visuals, but the body high alone was enough for me to enjoy the effects of the drug. Anyway, I don’t want to go off topic and go into these two experiences in too much detail, so back to my experience on LSD.

The Trip

At 00:10, around 40 minutes after dosing, I began to feel the first effects and seen some very mild visuals, walls were breathing and warping slightly, but nothing too strong, I went to the bathroom to pee and when looking in the mirror I noticed that pupil dilation had begun to take effect, so I returned to my bedroom and waited.

At 00:30, the effects seemed to have taken effect a little more. To gauge the effects, at this point I would say I was experiencing a +1 on the Shulgin scale, the visuals were becoming a little more pronounced, a feeling of slight anxiety, but not fear, had kicked it, I wouldn’t say I was having a good exactly, I didn’t feel much… I was a bit disappointed but knew that the drug could take 2-3 hours to fully take effect so I continued to wait. I decided put some music on to kill time and begun to notice things in songs I never would have before, such as sounds & vocals in the background.

At around 00:50-01:00, effects had became much more pronounced again, I would say I was experiencing a +2 on the Shulgin scale at this point, the anxiety seemed to have set in a little more and visuals had became stronger. I went to the bathroom again and pupil dilation had set in more, they were huge. Everything was now much, much brighter, I sat down after returning to my room and began talking to a few people on the computer, lines of text appeared to sliding apart in opposite directions like drawers, and text was very pronounced to the extent that it looked 3-d, with shading around the edges of it, it could also be said that the text looked a little like a book. Still,I was wondering when something interesting would happen… Someone suggested to me that I leave the house to go for a little walk if it is safe to do so. So I did, and following this advice would turn out to be the best thing I have ever done.

Shortly after 1AM I thrown my coat on, put my headphones in and hooked them up to my phone. I have a music streaming service on my phone which allows me to listen to absolutely anything, I so I figured I would walk around for a little while and listen to some music. Little did I realise, a ‘little while’ would turn into a 3-hour adventure. I said goodbye to my sister and left the house. It was raining fairly heavily when I left, I didn’t really notice it much though, I guess I was a little disassociated from the world because of the LSD.

I started off walking down my street listening to Riders on the Storm by The Doors, it seemed to fit the setting perfectly; night, a dark street, lit only by the streetlights overhead, quiet, no-one other than myself about, rain pounding down against the ground. I guess a lot of Doors songs could fit the setting rather well, really. I was looking around a lot to see how my perception of the world was different. When I walked near a street light and looked up it it, the rain was very visibly pronounced as it sped through the light like a million needles. I had gotten to the end of my road and crossed a dual carriageway by the time Riders on the Storm had finished. Now I was listening to The Doors - The Doors, this is their debut album, running for a total of 45 minutes.

I walked on for a while listening to the music, I walked around half a mile down the road and this is when the effects began to hit me a lot more. I kept checking the road so I could cross, I was being very careful as all of my senses did not seem to be about me completely, as if I was out of my body; a wandering soul. I crossed a road which leads into the local docks and carried on down the main road, this is when I would say I began experiencing a +3 on the Shulgin Scale.

I was now listening to Soul Kitchen, I began to process thoughts of what LSD is like. I said to myself "this is like being a robot, I'm experiencing jaw tension but it is unlike what you get when high on MDMA or amphetamines, it is as if my mouth is made of metal or stone, and my teeth are held together by powerful magnets, moving my mouth feels hard, in a way, my whole body in general does not feel natural, it is as if I am a robot, I carry on walking, I am built for a purpose; to do a set task, I do not tire, I do not feel pain, I am efficient, I do not care", in a way I would say I felt like a robot based on how it felt when walking, my limbs seemed to move with great synchronicity, I walked perfectly straight and seemed to have unlimited energy, it did not feel human. Such a strange feeling.

I continue to walk, completely engrossed in the music, almost as if I am part of it, sometimes I feel unaware of the world around me, I just continue to walk and walk without a care in the world, I was into the middle of a road and see the lights from a car come on, I shout in my head "Woah! You really gotta watch you don't step into a road after having this stuff, it really takes you out of reality!", this is strange, because I did not feel inebriated or discoordinated at all, really.

I walked past a fellow pedestrian; he looked me in the face, smiled, and nodded at me, “he knows!” I told myself, anyone who looked me in the eyes surely must have knew I was on something, as I would find out when I get home later, my pupils were absolutely huge, much bigger than what I was expecting.

I decided to concentrate on the visuals a little more since the effects seem to have fully kicked in now. I concentrated on lights a lot, they really did seem to stand out. With it being a saturday, there were lots of black cabs about taking revellers home after nights out having food and drinks with their family and friends, the circular lights on these vehicles lit the road brightly, the lights were very well defined, the edges were sharp and stood out a lot more than usual from the darkness of the night, the amber ‘TAXI’ sign above the windscreen was litter in a similar manner, the text really stood out, and a short trail of light followed the orange backlight beneath. Looking up at the street lights (they are lanterns in this area), they all had some kind of very colourful lens flare protruding from them, a little like an oil slick, or the cover from Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd. Looking down the long road, it was lit right of the way down by tall, brilliant white lights, the light from these looked fantastic, it was pure white. An LED road gantry overhead read ‘Avoid penalty heartache - Don’t drink and drive’, displayed in orange LED, again, this text really stood out.

On and on I walked and turned left onto another main road, this road was fairly busy with lots of bars & clubs being open, straight away lots of thoughts started going through my head and I immediately told myself “Stay calm - the people here are no more dangerous than when you are sober - don’t panic - Just leave the road and head somewhere quieter at the first opportunity”, surprisingly, I wasn’t even experiencing any anxiety since I had left the house, I guess I was deep in the high and my music, to the extent that I did not care about much else. Everything was good.

I turned left again as soon as possible, looped around and started to head back in the direct I had came from originally, at the first possible opportunity I crossed the road and headed down another main road, I didn’t want to go home yet; I was having too much fun.

One interesting thing I have found about LSD is that I can mostly control the way is trip is going, specifically my thoughts, mood and ego, I could either crush my ego completely, or I could amplify it to the point of having a sense of superiority to others, I would never feel this way when sober though, in no way do I feel I have more importance to anyone else. An example of this could be me putting part of the Lord of the Rings soundtrack on, I can’t remember what the track is called exactly. I immediately began to relate to being an Elf leader; being very powerful, wise, a leader of the people, with an army behind me, they follow my every command and never step out of line or else they risk punishment. I guess this is quite strange, but I understand that a trip can truly go anywhere.

I moved back to listening to The Doors. I put the song ‘People Are Strange’ on, from the album Strange Days. I find that the lyrics to this song could possibly be rather deep and meaningful, I began to think about exactly what this song means; I guess Jim Morrison could be seen as a bit of an outcast sometimes, a little bit of a weirdo. I found myself being ‘part of’ songs a few times that night, then, I placed myself in a situation, as if I was roleplaying to the song;

I’m a middle aged man who is down in the dumps a bit; I’ve never really done much with my life, people don’t really like me, they often think I’m strange and try to avoid me sometime. I’m a bit of a social recluse; I’m on my way back from a date that didn’t go too well, I’m going to go back home and dwell on it…

I guess this could be an example of the associative thinking one may experience under the influence of LSD. In no way would I say I’m like this really, I mean, yes, I’m a quiet person, and some people may see me as a little strange, but I’m not afraid to be, I don’t like following the trends or being like anything else, and most of all, life is pretty good. I’m not unhappy with it.

I crossed a bridge to get to the other side of the road, walked down a little further then realised that I would have to pass under a subway to get to the other side; I was a little apprehensive in doing so; it looked scary, but I had an increased sense of adventure, the light beaming out looked inviting, so I just went down, no one was there, rubbish was strewn everywhere and the walls were covered in graffiti, it looked more interesting than it would when sober. Everything had a more cartoon or video game like look to it.

I had just continued to walk around and nothing much interesting had happened that is worth bringing up, at around 3:30AM I wasn’t far off being home again, someone had messaged me online so I stopped at a bus shelter for a few minutes to check on the message, I told them that I had taken LSD & what it’s like as they want to try it with me sometimes, then said that I would talk to them for a little while when I got home because I was going to enjoy the high for time time being, they wanted to stay and talk but I found technology & specifically instant messaging a little… Irritating in a way, I would of much rather enjoyed the high and the world, instead of being in front of a screen. Being with someone in person would of been much better.

I was almost home now, the sun was starting to come up, but it was still pretty dark. I walked past a woman who looked as if she had far too much alcohol, I’m not a lover of the stuff, she was leaning against the wall with two hands, shuffling down it, trying to pick up her keys which she had dropped, I said to myself “why do people get themselves in this state? It’s disgusting”, now I look back at it, I feel a little bad for criticizing in a way, because I use drugs, some people drink… everyone has their thing.

At 4AM I got back into the house, my phone was nearly dead, I went straight to the kitchen to get a drink, my mouth was pretty dry, I hadn’t thought about drinking water at all, it seems that the high had taken my mind off it through dissociation. I went up the the bathroom to pee and my eyes & pupils were massive, I thought MDMA made them large, but the reaction to acid was like no other, my pupils were like dinnerplates. I went up to my room and took my coat and shoes off. I was absolutely drenched for the rain and didn’t even realise while I was out, I wasn’t even cold or anything, I was hardly aware of my body.

I laid down in bed while I waited for my phone to charge a little and put some music on. My bed was really comfortable! I thought I would have a little change in what I was listening to, so I put on some Lennon & Beatles. Like I was saying earlier, I was really able to control my high based on what I music I was listening to, I put on Imagine, Give Peace a Chance, Let it Be, Hard Days Night, you know, lots of songs about the world & the people in it, and it completely crushed my ego, and it made me think, I typed this up on my laptop…

Aren’t people strange things? All of these laws, governments, rules, regulations, it makes you realise what people are really missing out on. All you see a lot of the time is people complaining about everything and it is very sad to see, really, when you think about it properly, right? People are scared to do the things they truly aspire to do; either because they are worried of the repercussions of doing or, or they don’t believe in themselves; also, people are fast to judge each other & put each other down, but people don’t stop and think; how do they really feel deep down, how do I know what they have been through? Some people have been subject to years of abuse as a child, some have grown up being bullied through the entirety of their education. it’s absolutely wrong and immoral to judge a person based on what they want to do, their past and who they are. Why can’t everyone just get along? Why do humans have to bring suffering up each other? I don’t think that most people realise how strong words truly are. That old saying that goes… “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me…”, comes to mind right now, and I must say, what a load of shit, I think what whoever came up with this is a very ignorant person, because it is absolutely not true in the slightest. In the end we are potentially left with a person who is struggling with their life who goes through periods of wanting to find an easy way out; some turn to suicide & self harm, some people spiral into drug & alcohol abuse. They begin to lack the courage to make steps towards positive changes in their life simply because they aren’t confident enough in doing so; I guess I could say I’ve felt this way in the past… Everyone has. So, in the end, they just begin to accept what is going on and make it part of their everyday life, and it may seem like nothing is bothering them, but you don’t know what is really going on deep down in someones mind. But life goes on for them, little things in their head annoying them, things they can’t forget. Human beings are ignorant… why do we do it?

And listening to A Hard Days night:

Humans are like robots, bred, built for one purpose; to do as we are told, to do what we have been bred to do, like a very well developed soldier; you don't do what you want; you must conform. We work all day, make money which goes on taxes, go home, eat, sleep, wake, work all day, we hardly get time to enjoy ourselves! Isn’t life crap, in a way, when you grow up and have responsibilities?

Anyway, I now headed back out because my phone had some battery in it after having a nice lie down & some deep thought. I stayed closer to the house this time and just walked around for about half an hour. Not much happened, I just walked around and listened to music.

I got back home and went back up to bed. I intended to stay at home now because it was around 5AM and people would be getting up shortly. I laid in bed enjoying some music and visuals. The visuals I experiences were absolutely crazy, it’s hard to describe them, but have you ever seen them optical illusions that consist of a load of circles that are slowly spinning? They were covering the ceiling and walls, they were glistening, they looked like colour circles with triangular segments. My computer screen looked exactly the same. It was absolutely beautiful. I think the visuals are just a way of softening reality a little to help you break through to the other side…

I was very chilled in bed. It would of been lovely having people there with me to chill with. I did not have a care in the world, I was sweating a lot and absolutely stunk after a load of walking about, but I just did not care at all. I could not care for the traits of others either, I was in a mood where I could accept anyone for who and what they are, I guess this could be to do with the ego softening.

After Effects/Hangover

After managing to sleep at around 10AM I woke up at around 14:30, I felt a little cloudy, but thoughts were still flowing very freely, I didn’t have any visuals any more. My ego still felt very softened. This lasted until I went to bed that night. As far as any after effects go, that’s about it…

Summary

So in retrospect, my acid trip was very enjoyable. I don’t have much more to say about it because I feel I have covered all bases during this long trip report. There is one thing in particularI would like to add though; I think that you really have to be out of it in order to enjoy the trip properly. I guess that’s the point of tripping really. It’s great fun, acid is a very strange and interesting drug, both beautiful and terrifying in a way.

Who knows where I will go with my psychedelic drug use in the future? One thing is for sure; I’ll be trying acid again and look forward to my next trip. I may even try candy flipping when this time comes. I’d love to try mescaline, it’s something I’ll be looking into as I am able to secure mescaline containing leaves.

To summarise the effects; Your ego is either softened or amplified, you can control your mood, music becomes much more interesting and you become a part of it, your body feels weird, but not bad, your pupils are huge!, you get some absolutely beautiful visuals, thoughts flow very freely, you become very introspective, you have lots of energy, you emotions change a lot, you may go through periods of some anxiety, especially on the come up.

Thanks for the report, this belongs in the Trip Report forum where I will move to, but first would you care to provide a creative title, that describes or sums up the experience? :)

The best way I could describe my experience would be:

Nothing is happening, oh wait, yes it is!

So I'll go for that.