View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lsa visuals????

TheCasualSmoker

Greenlighter
this post is out of curiosity, so ive read many trip reports and opinons on LSA and for the most part i agree, when i ingested 4.5 grams of morning glory i had the best time of my life and felt so connected with anything that crossed my path, but for some reason alot of people dont get visuals, and i actually had a very crazy and weird visual, and it was just one hallucination the whole trip, so basically i was sitting under my apartment which has a little minature roof on the front porch for rain i guess and underneath where the light was i saw a shadow of water, as if a swimming pool was underneath me and the roof, and it just kept hovering and moving, it looked so real and i actually tryed touching it, it was out of this world, im not to expire inced with psychedelics on a visual standpoint as ive only did acid once and only noticed slight distortions in walls or double vision i think the term is, but was wondering if this is normal and if anyone has ever had the same kind of thing, my general idea of visuals are like colors or what people describe as fractals, but i saw a damn shadow of water on my roof, it was trippy as hell though.

LSA is just not visual for me, oddly enough I woke up the next day with more visuals than the actual trip every time...they also lasted for months :\. At most I'll get a bit of crawling floor and HD vision but that's all.

I used to eat about 1200 (30 grams) morning glory seeds for a good trip. At that point, I would get plenty of visuals. at the peak, difficult to discern closed eyes from open eyes and a breakthrough similar to a proper dose of smoked DMT, although I don't mean to say that the similarities extend to a fine-grained qualitative analysis. Similarly with cactus. Many of the scientific-minded here are hesitant to subscribe to clean categorical lines between naturally occurring compounds and those that must be synthesized in a lab. I'm sympathetic to this skepticism, due to the difficulty in giving any kind of reliable theory of the distinction derived from scientific methodology. Phenomenologically, I've been able to find several reliable connections that furnish material for the distinction. In particular, I've found the dose-response curve on naturally occurring compounds to be reliably related to the profundity curve of the experience. Not so in synthesized materials. The formula, "for a more profound trip, dose more" seems to work (for me) on cactus, morning glory seeds and at least certain kinds of psychoactive mushrooms. The formula doesn't seem to obtain on synthesized materials, which, in many cases, simply increase qualitative intensity, sometimes promoting confusion or paranoia rather than the profound clarity found at high doses of the naturally occuring compounds; often the increase in qualitative intensity is taken for profundity, but the test of time alone can determine whether the results of a psychedelic experience actually distribute their effects into the basic body schema of the sober mindstate. And it is this latter article alone that can determine profundity. I'd even be hesitant to extend the domain of the formula to extracted forms of naturally occuring compounds. I do think the metabolic processes involved in eating raw plant materials makes a significant phenomenological difference.

I should note, of course, in the interest of harm reduction that such high doses of morning glory seeds in particular are also of an extended duration. In the usual case, significant psychoactive effects still noted until about 48 hours after ingestion.

Last edited: