View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSA Potentiators

Norse Shaman

Bluelighter
I've been experimenting with LSA extraction for some time now, and I wondered if there are any kind of potentiator to increase the effects without having to dose as high. The only thing I can think of maybe is to use an antacid (potentiator for a number of things) to reduce the amount of LSA destroyed by stomach acid.

On another note, is there anything that can be taken in combination with LSA that would not so much potentiate it but compliment it's effects or reduce the negatives.

Used to use Syrain Rue back in the day with LSA water extracts. A few gel caps of finely ground rue 30 min before the LSA water extract is taken. Dietary restriction should be followed though not as strict as what one would follow for oral DMT activation as more is required to activate the DMT. Also had some mazing results from sublingual LSA extracts then swallowing the dose after holding on the side of your gums for 10 minutes and swishing around your mouth. Used to love the feeling of LSA after the rough come up. Water extracts are the way to go and only cold water extracts with a really good strainer like a golden coffee filter or coffee filter paper. Use water PH at a 6.5-7.One time I left this water extract of 5 strong Tahitian HBWR seeds evaporate in the shade and was left with 30-50 mg of powder. Snorted the dose and spit out the drip. Amazing mild but euphoric trip followed with mild vasoconstriction.

I think an antacid is not a good idea because the acidity is a factor in absorption. For example it IS apparently a good idea to take for certain phenethylamines, but I am not too sure lysergamides are like that - they may be the opposite.

Weed generally combines well with it IMO but it may make you more of a couch potato especially if you smoke a joint rather than pure weed, or weed vs hash. Weed has depressant and stimulant sides, you don't want to take most typical depressants because they dull the trip and not most typical stimulants either because of the vasoconstriction. Which leaves GHB, i guess - which combines well with psychedelics and doesn't dull trips that much for a depressant. Also it has a particularly uppity side at lower dosages.

Nootropics may also be an option for potentiation, but just make sure they don't add to vasocontriction.

I'll have to look into nootropics. Thanks for the info. And of course I'd smoke some green with it, if I had it lol.

Might wanna just stick to racetams for beginners... I've seen it reported that it does potentiate, but they may also potentiate sedation.. ymmv

I can vouch for nootropics/MAOI's. I had these seeds called celastrus paniculatus, they're supposed to be a nootropic and a very mild MAOI as well. They work wonders for potentiating LSA and even LSD. Even a microdose can cause extreme time dilation and inreased body high + visuals. Other than that, smoke some dabs and hit some nitrous.

Quidding fresh Yarrow heads or small amounts of Russian sage smoked with cannabis are my go to for potentiating HBWR/Rivea corumbosa brews.

A de-fatted extraction of Salvia Nemororsa flowers in anhydrous EtOH and allowed to dry to a very dark purple resin will also mellow yet intensify LSA preparations​ when smoked. It works without defatting, but it turns rock hard and refuses to fully smoke without a simple defatting.

How do you know C. Paniculatus is a MAOI? Isn't it a reuptake inhibitor instead? Even if it is a MAOI, or a nootropic or oxiracetam-like nootropic I would personally go for better studied compounds instead, preferably ones that only do one thing.

Maybe if it is a MAOI, it is an ultra mild one like Passiflora Incarnata but that seems pointless if you want to even give it credit as such... I would not use any significant MAOI with LSA's and I would consider insignificant ones pointless in this regard.

All good and well about safely potentiating certain psychedelics a bit, but just FYI one of the major rules I learned about drugs is: don't try to make them into something they are not. Often people push side-effects more than they should in doing so because it is hard to accept they aren't more like ones that are supposed to be similar.