• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSA (Morning Glory Seeds) and SMALL dose of methylphenidate combo?

Shlister

Greenlighter
LSA is my favorite psychedelic at the moment, and I've had much success extracting it as well as simply eating the seeds whole; however, my ONLY problem is how sedating they are.

I don't wish to combine a recreational dose of methylphenidate (Ritalin, if it matters) like 40 mg with any psychedelic, as I know that can cause anxiety and lead to bad trips, but I was thinking of taking maybe 5-10 mg along with 350 seeds for mental clarity and to overcome the sedation that seems to be a recurring aspect of the LSA experience.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
IMO / IME, you should be fine with this combination; following that you already know how you personally react to each psychoactive individually. If you feel that you might react badly to the methylphenidate, dose it lower. I have a lot of personal experience, with mixing LSD & amphetamine (as well as many other classic & dissociative psychedelics, including LSA), with fairly good results. Some are more 'welcoming' to a stimulant being introduced, than others. For example: since LSD is already stimulating (especially noticeable at higher doses), the addition of amphetamine would likely NOT be the best idea for MOST people.
I need to clarify, that by amphetamine I am strictly referring to Dextro-Amphetamine (Dexedrine) & D,L-amphetamine (Adderall IR) tablets, taken orally in moderate doses. The first times I mixed some amphetamine with psychedelics, I used higher doses & was not tolerant to the drug. I was diagnosed ADHD ~9 years ago & have been on amphetamines daily for almost a decade now. I am obviously quite tolerant to it, & therefore it doesn't add too much 'stimulation' when mixed with non-stimulants (in low-doses/medicinal doses).
I don't personally react well to methylphenidate, in general. Therefore, I do not have much/any experience with using it in combination with psychedelics. However, I have used cocaine HCL (in the past..) with psilocybin, LSD, etc. (the good ol days). Methyl-phenidate, has a similar method of action to Coca if I'm not mistaken; dopamine agonist. It really shouldn't affect the LSA much, for its activity is on serotonin. Keep your dose(s) low, & it should be fine (IMO). I do think your theory is correct, of the combination potentially assisting with the semi-lethargic nature of LSA. :)

I've taken LSA while on a daily dose of dexmethylphenidate (for ADHD). No issues.

If you are up to it, I would actually recommend that you instead combine LSA with yohimbine hcl. It counteracts the sedative properties of the LSA, but also counteracts the vasoconstriction--whereas with methylphenidate you would likely be adding to the vasoconstriction.

However, this is a comfort issues rather than a safety issue. If vasoconstriction doesn't bother you, then methylphenidate will do you just fine.

please do a bit more reading for your own sake, i personaly dont care what you do.
Lsa, as far as i recall, is a vasoconstrictor, which means it constricts your blood vessles.
Rittilin is a drug that increases your heartrate, alot.
This doesnt seem like a safe combination and potentialy damaging long term if not short.
i have done much more self destructive things so i can only offer you my best opinion.
Cheers