• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Lowering tolerance?

Jakef182

Greenlighter
So I've been smoking for about 4 years but it's only in the past year or so that I've been smoking daily. I don't smoke a lot, 0.5-1g Monday to Thursday, 2-3g on a Friday and Saturday and usually 2g on a Sunday. Over the last few months I've been smoking it through a bong quite a lot but recently I've tried to stop using the bong and when I've been smoking joints, I feel as though my tolerance has built loads, I haven't been getting anywhere near as high as I used to unless I smoke a larger amount. If I have just one bong hit and then have joints then I feel as high as I should be. I'd love to be able to get a fairly intense high without having to have a bong hit first so I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how long I'd have to stop smoking for to build a bit of a tolerance up again or if there is any other way to help build a tolerance. If it helps at all, I'm about 5'2/3 and weigh no more than 55kg. Thanks in advance guys

Tolerance builds rapidly. I quit smoking weed for almost 2 years due to opiates and etizolam taking all my money. About 2 weeks ago i started smoking again. I guess mainly because I heard that weed helps seizures, and I was worried of getting seizures off a cold turkey etizolam binge of 10mg per day.

The first day I smoked I was super high, for about 5 hours, before I even came down a little bit. All my friends who are regular smokers were already packing another bong 30 minutes in, and i hadn't even peaked yet.

The second day I smoked I was high for about 3 hours. This time there wasn't a gentle come down, and I started to get really tired towards the end, which is one of the main reason I quit smoking weed in the first place.

Day 3 in a row, and I was high for maybe an hour, then just got stoned, lazy, and hungry. I always liked the high from weed, and hated the stone.

After just 5 days of daily use, I was right back to where my tolerance used to be. I used to smoke bong after bong after bong, and just chase the high, and after just 5 days in a row, that's where I was. Tolerance breaks only work if you keep taking a break after it's over. If you take a t-break for about 2 weeks, then only smoke once every 3 or 4 days, you'll still get just as high every time. If you're smoking every day, or multiple times a day, you're not going to get high at all.

After this latest experience, I honestly believe weed tolerance grows quicker than opiate tolerance. Just 5 days in, and weed barely gets me high for an hour. It's just not a good drug in my opinion, although it did help a lot with the etiz withdrawal. If weed didn't have the ceiling effect it'd be great.

Weed tolerance grows the fastest IMO. I stopped buying weed to roll n smoke for financial reasons. Our high grade is extorted by the gram. So I buy 2 grams a weekend. I used to be able to let some of this run me thru the week but then when i would wanna smoke with friends, their weed wouldn't make me feel high at all, just tired. It's because I bought a vape and a bong. I found that the vape lacked a part of the weed high that ioved, the toxin part. The vape raises tolerance extremely high. So does the bong.

Anyway, I have no problem with getting high anymore because of how I smoke, I only smoke on weekends now and when I do it's usually a whole gram in quick succession, bong rips, vape hits then a joint. Works well with 2 people. I think once you stop smoking during the week and focus on something more constructive then you'll have no problems with tolerance. That goes for most drugs.

That is the truth PotatoMan, I suppose only smoking on weekends seems like the best idea but my problem is that I want to continue smoking everyday. Not smoking so much that I can't move but just a little bit every day and then I like to treat myself on weekends with larger amounts

That is the truth PotatoMan, I suppose only smoking on weekends seems like the best idea but my problem is that I want to continue smoking everyday. Not smoking so much that I can't move but just a little bit every day and then I like to treat myself on weekends with larger amounts

You're not gonna be able to smoke every day if you still want to get high man. That's the fact of the matter, and I've learned this over 15+ years of smoking.

Even if I only smoke one or two hits out of a one hitter, by the third day of doing this, I no longer get super high, just stoned and lazy. You know how with opiates and benzos, they say there is a perma tolerance? Where it takes long periods of times of sobriety, to even lower your tolerance a little? I've found this to be true for weed too. Took a 6 month break. First day got mega stoned, second day, and it felt like I wasnt' even high for 30 minutes. Weed tolerance just builds rapidly, and if you've been smoking for a while, it may take years to reset your tolly.

i try ta limit myself to 2 bongs in the morning, 2 at lunch and no more dan 4 in da evening, mon. when my funds are limited and i can only afford ta buy myself so much ganja, ya know mon? and just ta keep da tolerance to a minimon as much az i can.

so why not try a schedule someting like dat, jah? just da bare minimon to keep a nice mellow buzz truwout da day and into de night so you can cut loose on da weekends and burn dem fatties down one after anudda.

Just take a break for a while, try not smoking for a week or more & you'll lose some tolerance. Maybe stop smoking in the morning or during the day, keep it to evenings, or just weekends. Try to not keep smoking the same stuff all the time too, I build a bigger tolerance to particular strains.

stay off it for a while...like at least a month and when you come back to it , it'll light you up.

Id say smoke some wax! get it from a respectable clinic that doesnt use pesticides and purges correctly. I used to smoke about an 8th of flower a day, now i can do a gram of wax(costs 15-25$ here a gram) every 1- 2 days! less stress on my lungs too :D I gotta quick smoking cigs tho