Lowering testosterone levels significantly, short term, in a safe way?

SpiralusSancti

Bluelighter
So reason why I’m asking this is cuz I want to get testosterone in a totally legal way (why it’s better than grabbing it on black/grey market is obvious I assume). And why at all I would need it if levels are ok is that even if it’s so I’m pretty sure they would fall below normal with continues use of opiods even at levels needed only for pain. I’m also sure I would benefit from exogenous testosterone for some of my conditions, I’m not really comfortable specifying them, but just to make it clear I’m not looking to get huge & strong without exercise.

So in essence I’m wondering what I can do in days or week prior to getting test done to increase chance of getting it prescribed?

Hmm this may not be a question we can answer although maybe someone can help with that.

But if it were me, I’d eat tons of sugar daily, not exercise at all, use cannabis and opiates (if you do already, don’t need an addiction on top of this), and generally live unhealthy. Avoid foods with zinc and don’t supplement with it either, same with Vit D and magnesium. Avoid everything that raises your T.

If I’m in the wrong, some other mod is welcome to delete my post.

-GC

Thanks, I know what naturally raises testosterone and try my best with it so will take a short pause from that.

I do use opiods but now mostly in low doses, among reasons for that is I don’t want to fuck up my testosterone, like I almost certainly did when I was at the hight of use. Didn’t know about weeds effects on testosterone so I’ll get some potent stuff for week before I get appointment.

Thanks, I know what naturally raises testosterone and try my best with it so will take a short pause from that.

I do use opiods but now mostly in low doses, among reasons for that is I don’t want to fuck up my testosterone, like I almost certainly did when I was at the hight of use. Didn’t know about weeds effects on testosterone so I’ll get some potent stuff for week before I get appointment.

Ya cannabis effect is purely transient too, or at least seems that way on paper. Use edibles to really drop it compared to smoking.

-GC

@Serotonin101
Is it alright to suggest what drugs would help OP lower his Testosterone?
I feel it's not because we'd be telling someone what to take rather than optimising an already existing regime.

Last edited:
I understand if it’s not ok. Maybe someone thinks my idea is lame but I know net result for me would be positive. I’m only interested in what I can do in about week prior test and what’s not dangerous and damaging.

Somehow fact that weed influences testosterone slipped past me and now when I read it, I’m almost sure that constant smoking since teen years must have had some negative impact on my testosterone.

And just to be clear, I’m pretty sure if my testosterone is in normal range it’s at lower end almost certainly and if I can lower it enough prior testing and get it, that would be causing less harm to my life quality compared to getting into too low because of meds.

I understand if it’s not ok. Maybe someone thinks my idea is lame but I know net result for me would be positive. I’m only interested in what I can do in about week prior test and what’s not dangerous and damaging.

Somehow fact that weed influences testosterone slipped past me and now when I read it, I’m almost sure that constant smoking since teen years must have had some negative impact on my testosterone.

And just to be clear, I’m pretty sure if my testosterone is in normal range it’s at lower end almost certainly and if I can lower it enough prior testing and get it, that would be causing less harm to my life quality compared to getting into too low because of meds.

I understand your situation and I think you're probably right.
I'm not sure if an unhealthy lifestyle and loads of pot smoking would be enough to put you under the reference range, unless you're already borderline deficient.

@Serotonin101
Is it alright to suggest what drugs would help OP lower his Testosterone?
I feel it's not because we'd be telling someone what to take rather than optimising an already existing regime.
I feel it's ok if you outline the caveats of any risk involved and that it's educational, and not a directive to take the drugs mentioned. Basically informing and sharing information so they can make a more informed decision.

@SpiralusSancti
How much time do you have before you go in and get your blood drawn?
Basically taking AAS that are not Testosterone will shut you down and not come up in the test.

I'm not sure is any AAS will come up as Testosterone in a blood test, maybe @CFC can help us out there?

I'm thinking Dianabol (AKA Metandienone) or NPP (Nandrolone Phenylpropionate) should massively lower your testosterone production given a week or 2 and at high enough dosages, but there is no way we can guarantee that you'll then quickly bounce back to normal production while you wait for your results and Test script.

It's highly likely that you will, and there's meds you can take to stimulate Test production, such as Gonadorellin, HCG and SERMs, but you'll be taking a bet.

Some people just don't come back to normal quickly, even though a very time limited exposure makes it very unlikely.
There would be no real liver or kidney toxicity risk involved in this and no cardiovascular damage risk, in fact the only consequence you'd risk would be long term reduction of your Testosterone production.

You could experience mood disturbances, difficulty sleeping, changes in appetite, acne, increase or decrease in libido, difficulty getting an erection or teenager style random erections and a few more things due to the quick hormonal changes you'd be causing, until you either recuperate your current production or you get on your Test script.

Other than these issues, you'd be breaking the law by buying steroids on the black market (not in all countries but in most), and running risks associated with buying non pharmaceutical quality drugs.
Not sure how the clinic/practice you will go to handles giving TRT scripts, but one test might not be enough for you to get one.
They might want you to make lifestyle and dietary changes and then get tested again in a few months, meaning you'd need to go through this more than once.

This is just a generical outline and I can elaborate further if you think you will go this route.

I'm not sure is any AAS will come up as Testosterone in a blood test, maybe @CFC can help us out there?

Isotope dilution mass spectrometry (MS) is the reference method for total testosterone measurement, but most labs rely on direct chemiluminescent immunoassays that displace bound forms of testosterone from SHBG and albumin. Results of these immunoassays depend on the effectiveness of displacement. They also suffer from limitations such as lack of specificity for cross-reacting steroids, insufficient analytical sensitivity, and imprecision at low concentrations. Other methods used in clinical labs include liquid chromatography-tandem MS (LC-MS/MS) and gas chromatography MS. Both MS-based assays and immunoassays face the challenges of standardization across platforms and appropriate reference intervals partitioned for gender and age groups.
[ref]
So if the lab uses immunoassay, it's possible, but this study suggests that the immunoassay is actually quite selective for testosterone over analogues like nandrolone and the like. Only methyltestosterone is significantly cross reactive and as I understand it, is not very common at all.

If you already have chronic conditions and are using opioids there is likely no need to do anything wacky. After all, either you are deficient, and you will therefore get enough testosterone to produce normal levels (ideally as determined by additional blood tests), or you are not, in which case don't worry.

Getting on grey market steroids, just to get on legal steroids, just to restore normal levels that you might well have had in the first place... seems silly to me. You will not notice any major changes if you naturally have normal T, it gets temporarily depressed, and you get on TRT. Exogenous testosterone makes your body stop making its own after a short amount of time after all.

And if you are on TRT you basically have to always take testosterone from then on. That may be expensive depending on where you live....

Isotope dilution mass spectrometry (MS) is the reference method for total testosterone measurement, but most labs rely on direct chemiluminescent immunoassays that displace bound forms of testosterone from SHBG and albumin. Results of these immunoassays depend on the effectiveness of displacement. They also suffer from limitations such as lack of specificity for cross-reacting steroids, insufficient analytical sensitivity, and imprecision at low concentrations. Other methods used in clinical labs include liquid chromatography-tandem MS (LC-MS/MS) and gas chromatography MS. Both MS-based assays and immunoassays face the challenges of standardization across platforms and appropriate reference intervals partitioned for gender and age groups.
[ref]
So if the lab uses immunoassay, it's possible, but this study suggests that the immunoassay is actually quite selective for testosterone over analogues like nandrolone and the like. Only methyltestosterone is significantly cross reactive and as I understand it, is not very common at all.

If you already have chronic conditions and are using opioids there is likely no need to do anything wacky. After all, either you are deficient, and you will therefore get enough testosterone to produce normal levels (ideally as determined by additional blood tests), or you are not, in which case don't worry.

Getting on grey market steroids, just to get on legal steroids, just to restore normal levels that you might well have had in the first place... seems silly to me. You will not notice any major changes if you naturally have normal T, it gets temporarily depressed, and you get on TRT. Exogenous testosterone makes your body stop making its own after a short amount of time after all.

And if you are on TRT you basically have to always take testosterone from then on. That may be expensive depending on where you live....
There have been incidents of nandrolone falsely showing up on total test results on lab work with the cheaper tests such as ECLIA which is done at labcorp and such places as they're simple fast tests that don't require much work for the tech. Chromatography/spectrometry would be what I'd aim for to prevent false positives as they're virtually foolproof.

Thanks for replies.

So I can get test done whenever I want. I’ll try to find out more about test but it’s probably most basic/cheapest one. And I’ll surely find out what’s the testing regime.

There’s a chance I can get Dianabol from a friend but if there’s any risk that it can permanently fuck up hormonal balance even just after a week or two, that’s not really the risk I’m willing to take.

How old are you and what country are you in? Getting TRT prescribed by a doctor in the UK is practically impossible regardless of how low your levels are. And I'm guessing blackmarket Test is a lot cheaper than going through a doctor (if you find the one in a million who will prescribe it)

Testosterone is different to all other steroids - your body knows what to do with it. Dianabol isn't in the same safety profile as Test.

if there’s any risk that it can permanently fuck up hormonal balance even just after a week or two, that’s not really the risk I’m willing to take.
It's a very, very small chance, and if it happens with a few weeks on Dianabol it will surely happen when you're on TRT.
How old are you and what country are you in? Getting TRT prescribed by a doctor in the UK is practically impossible regardless of how low your levels are. And I'm guessing blackmarket Test is a lot cheaper than going through a doctor (if you find the one in a million who will prescribe it)

Testosterone is different to all other steroids - your body knows what to do with it. Dianabol isn't in the same safety profile as Test.

Speaking about the UK, yes the NHS will make it a nightmare for anyone to get on TRT, but if you go to a private clinic it's not going to be hard at all.
A friend of mine got a TRT script at 30yo and while he's not a freak he obviously looks like a bodybuilder.

IMO easiest thing to do is just buy some histrelin acetate online and inject it once a day for 2-3 days before you're due your blood test. It's pretty clean compared to most other options (it's a GnRH agonist, so will lower LH and FSH directly, potently, and pronto), and things should come back to normal very quickly when you stop injecting it (as long as you don't take it for too long).