• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Lowering bupe dose.

Mad Dash

Bluelight Crew
So I have been slowly but surely tapering down on my bupe. I went from taking 16 mg AM and 16 mg PM. I went down to 12x2 daily, then to 8x2 daily, now 2 mg in AM and 2 mg in PM. I am wondering if I get stable on lets say... 1 mg. Would taking a 2 mg dose after being stable on 1 mg for a long time give me feelings of euphoria? as in the Nor-Bupe? Or how low exactly would one have to take their daily dose in order to every weekend up the dose to maybe 2 or 3 mg and feel the full agonist capabilities of Nor-Bupe? I ask this, because for a while I was just happy being on high dose bupe maintenance... but thinking about getting on a stable low dose and every once in a while being able to catch a buzz motivated me in an extraordinary way.

It may seem counter intuitive, but look at from my POV I went from 32 mg a day. Down to 4 mg a day on my own. I am fortunate to have a doctor that is willing to work with me in any way I ask, so this is really quite amazing. Or is the reality of the situation that since I was at that kind of dose to begin with, I will never get to a low enough stable dose to make 2 mg feel like a great buzz? Like if a long term opiate user lets say 2 years, quit using for a full year, and took a 2 mg dose of bupe would he feel a great high? Just curious, either way I am extremely happy that I have been able to get myself to such a low dose anyways. BTW I just started the 4 mg daily today. So far so good. I am a little concerned about jumping all the way from 8 twice daily to 2 twice daily, but worse case scenario I can take little bumps when I begin to feel sick and then finally be stable on 2 mg twice daily.

Just my opinion, but I dont believe anyone who has been on schedule II pain meds' / diamorph'
for legitimate reasons or not will experience "euphoria" or major pain killing ability from Bupe'...

Buprenex has helped w/ some pain in the past, as long as I used it very infrequently.

Good luck, as 1 to 2 mg. is most always better.

Just my opinion, but I dont believe anyone who has been on schedule II pain meds' / diamorph'
for legitimate reasons or not will experience "euphoria" or major pain killing ability from Bupe'...

Buprenex has helped w/ some pain in the past, as long as I used it very infrequently.

Good luck, as 1 to 2 mg. is most always better.

Ya it was a matter of curiosity more than anything. Because I know if I don't take my meds for 3+ days and then take 8 mg. I get high as shit. Happened on during a long weekend when I was out of town. But I didn't know if the lower doses would cause better euphoria than the 8 mg once I am stable on it because of the Nor-bupe.