View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Low dose Salvia divinorum

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
*I understand that a thread was recently started with a similar title, but it's so vague and cluttered that I thought I'd start this one*

I've felt very depressed for a few years and I feel that salvia could help.

I was wondering if people could describe their experiences with quidding/low doses of the leaves.

How many leaves/grams for microdosing?
How many leaves/grams before things noticeably alter?
How many leaves/grams before things get weird?

Anything else? Experiences? Methods?

I don't want this to be a thread to be about the insanity of high dose, smoked Salvia divinorum. We've all done it, and we all know it's fucking weird.

Has anybody actually got experience with using low dose salvia?

Cheers

Hello,

I had a salvia divinorum plant that sadly perished in the heatwave here in the UK last year (gutted!) . . . I decided to salvage the dried leaves from it to 'quid' them. I don't know the specific amounts in grams etc. I had an amount that filled both cheeks of my mouth comfortably. So not a huge amount.

I rehydrated the dried leaves in warm water and chewed them in darkness, with some pleasant music on. I had what I would describe as a mild/ 'Level 1' experience. . . . pleasant intoxication, some dissociation etc. Gigglyness. I started to question whether I was taking in the music from an external source or generating it with my body , etc.

I tried at a later date with a smaller amount (about 4-6 rehydrated leaves) and nothing happened.

So what I would say is that you need to really fill your mouth. You will know when it's going to work because the taste is incredibly awful. You need a 'threshold dose'.

I was using this as a self-treatment for depression. Personally, I'm not sure it would be helpful in the long term. It certainly did me no harm! Just remember to be careful about your set/setting , even with plain leaves. It makes a big difference.

I hope to possibly go back to growing salvia again and using it in this way, possibly with vaporized leaves. I don't plan on using the concentrated extracts.

I hope this slightly vague account is of some use!

Cheers!

Hello,

I had a salvia divinorum plant that sadly perished in the heatwave here in the UK last year (gutted!) . . . I decided to salvage the dried leaves from it to 'quid' them. I don't know the specific amounts in grams etc. I had an amount that filled both cheeks of my mouth comfortably. So not a huge amount.

I rehydrated the dried leaves in warm water and chewed them in darkness, with some pleasant music on. I had what I would describe as a mild/ 'Level 1' experience. . . . pleasant intoxication, some dissociation etc. Gigglyness. I started to question whether I was taking in the music from an external source or generating it with my body , etc.

I tried at a later date with a smaller amount (about 4-6 rehydrated leaves) and nothing happened.

So what I would say is that you need to really fill your mouth. You will know when it's going to work because the taste is incredibly awful. You need a 'threshold dose'.

I was using this as a self-treatment for depression. Personally, I'm not sure it would be helpful in the long term. It certainly did me no harm! Just remember to be careful about your set/setting , even with plain leaves. It makes a big difference.

I hope to possibly go back to growing salvia again and using it in this way, possibly with vaporized leaves. I don't plan on using the concentrated extracts.

I hope this slightly vague account is of some use!

Cheers!

It certainly was, thanks. How long didnyou chew for, and how long did it last?

I attempted to quid dry plain leaf once but the dose wasn't enough for any notable advice on that method... however I have been smoking very minute amounts of the plain leaf or 10x(very small) and it comes on a bit slower and leaves you with more controllable subtle effect, if dosed right. It is still very pronounced and psychedelic in a way more reminiscent of classical psychs(shrooms etc), and I think that is becuase the dissociative effects dont totally suppress the stimulation aspect. So at these lose doses I find myself with a very workable and meditative state, cud probably slip in to trance more easily; your mind is still active and functional so it is more INTEGRATIVE, that is the key word.