• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Low dose oxycodone your opinions

Hateswater

Greenlighter
I suffer from chronic pain. Its been over 10 yrs. I dont want to disclose my MRI results but I would like to know some personal opinions of the new Percocets. I'm getting Rhodes brand. It cannot be placebo these are not the same as Watson. Either way my pain management doctor will not allow me over 40mg a day in 10mg tablet form. Roxicodone would work much better at the 15mg 4x method. Oxycodone is overall a pretty standard and understood opioid medication. I dont misuse or abuse my prescription. If you were me would you seek out another Dr? I have a long list of nerve/epidural that were unsuccessful. Me being 32 yrs of age seems to be a concern to my current Dr. I know how to talk to Dr's. I'm an adult. Its that now the next one I go to I walk in with my previous prescription, long list of unsuccessful procedures and now what does the next Dr more than likely think now? Drug seeker? These epidural are not approved by the food and drug administration. I can basically keep my dose that does help but isn't enough even though I have been through therapy and have all my comfort tools or i "seek" out a new Dr technically. This is the best place I figured to ask because you get opinions from both sides of the fence.

All Dr's are scared to RX opiates now a days..

The DEA is up their ass about this shit.

Just be glad you got Perc 10s.

All Dr's are scared to RX opiates now a days..

The DEA is up their ass about this shit.

Just be glad you got Perc 10s.

This isnt entirely true. The DEA had their run and shut down and or arrested Drs throughout the years. Drs are more careful about prescribing. But they didn't stop. The drug is still being manufactured, sold, and prescribed.

What I am being told is that they are injection crazed and when it comes to opiates the age of the patient is becoming the problem. There happens to be plenty of pain management doctors near me. A few I looked further into prescribe large amounts of benzodiazepines and opioid but only too elderly patients.

Now, what is This? These people are already knocking on heaven's door if you will excuse me. How rude is that? Nobody cares and looks at it that way?

What if you need opioid medications to function, regarding age. Would you not want that person functioning in life? They have a long one to live. Correct?

Methacodone.......Thank you for the response, I wont elaborate on its uselessness but you are still thanked. Do you like my name? Funny isn't it? HATES WATER. No intentions of getting anyone excited but I dont swim hahaha. ?

There is 10mg Roxicodone (oxycodone w/o any additional active ingredients). Maybe your doctor would switch you to that.

There is 10mg Roxicodone (oxycodone w/o any additional active ingredients). Maybe your doctor would switch you to that.

Thank you for the useful opinion. I need a higher dosage. I have the MRI to back up my need for opioid therapy along with the failed procedures. It truly is no big deal to the doctors, DEA, or anyone for that matter, except me. I need the treatment. I dont want to look around for Drs. Its legal until you fill 2 different Drs opioid prescriptions. Which is not a concern of mine because that's not like me to do that nor would I.

What Im trying to figure out, is. What's the problem? This forum is filled with harm reduction information and on top of that enough information on how to abuse these narcotics it might as well be a handbook. I'm not looking to "score". Here or anywhere else. I have legitimate issues. It seems to me this would be the best place to ask what's up with these Drs weird behaviours. This place is crawling with addicts who have been ran through this system time and time again. I'm trying to get a better understanding. I hate wasting my time or anyone else's for that matter. Thank you

Indicating that you're familiar with the system, the ratings of different doctors, the grievance process for your chosen hospital and the that you're evaluating the Doctor while he's evaluating you. Can go quite a long way. It got me out of a packed Lowell, MA emergency room by mentioning in passing that I had no problem filing grievances, mentioning my Doctors and nurses by name frequently helps as well...

Indicating that you're familiar with the system, the ratings of different doctors, the grievance process for your chosen hospital and the that you're evaluating the Doctor while he's evaluating you. Can go quite a long way. It got me out of a packed Lowell, MA emergency room by mentioning in passing that I had no problem filing grievances, mentioning my Doctors and nurses by name frequently helps as well...

Thank you for your response forum user.

Let me ask this or try to get this correct. Are you implying that I explain to my prescribing physician that the rather sticky situation that I have been helped, get myself into, has caused me a grievance during the time of my treatment. And furthermore will continue because of the fact that I have so many failed procedures that I know and have come to the conclusion that the best form of therapy for me is opioid therapy. Thus, in no matter what lighting, technically making me a drug seeker to any other future practices or hospitals?

I see this raising a problem on my end with the current Dr I see at their practice. Ultimately showing me exactly where the facility exit is.

They have done nothing wrong, nor I. They would not have any worried about a lawyer. I really don't see where one would help. My problem isn't a grievance, to score or to make some extra cash.

My problem is I want and need the proper amount of opioid therapy. NOT what the Dr feels like giving me.

Thank you.

Let me add.... I'm mentally prepared for this practice to discharge me for no reason. They are the type to act as if opioid treatment is a favor instead of treatment. Any insight here is needed and highly valued.

Let me add.... I'm mentally prepared for this practice to discharge me for no reason. They are the type to act as if opioid treatment is a favor instead of treatment. Any insight here is needed and highly valued.

Unfortunately, that's the system that we're living in now. Doctors are supposedly soooo much smarter than us normal people, but they somehow managed to get the entire country hooked on powerful painkillers in less than a decade. Now, they've done an about face, not mentioning the fact that the whole thing is their fault and are treating all pain patients like criminals. They just can't seem to find that porridge that's just right. They have to have it either totally hot or totally cold, both sides being detrimental to the patient.

I'm not saying do anything crazy. I'm saying be honest, assertive, confident and present yourself in a fashion like "I am in pain that has been fully verified by MRI results and I will have my pain adequately treated. You're not taking no for an answer, but that doesn't mean getting aggressive or getting in anyone's face. It just means, don't let them bully you and push you into that box where all the addicts are. You're not an addict, that's not your thing and you will not be grouped in with them.

What I'm saying basically, is that you have honesty on your side. You don't need to fake anything. You have pain. It's legitimate. You need to act like you're prepared for battle, but you're not going into it yet. If they discharge you for demanding appropriate care, I say, hit them with everything you've got. Grievances, phone calls, complaints about specific Doctor's bedside manner. We are in a fucked up system here my friend, both for licit and illicit users. Sometimes you have to be aggressive.

Unfortunately, that's the system that we're living in now. Doctors are supposedly soooo much smarter than us normal people, but they somehow managed to get the entire country hooked on powerful painkillers in less than a decade. Now, they've done an about face, not mentioning the fact that the whole thing is their fault and are treating all pain patients like criminals. They just can't seem to find that porridge that's just right. They have to have it either totally hot or totally cold, both sides being detrimental to the patient.

I'm not saying do anything crazy. I'm saying be honest, assertive, confident and present yourself in a fashion like "I am in pain that has been fully verified by MRI results and I will have my pain adequately treated. You're not taking no for an answer, but that doesn't mean getting aggressive or getting in anyone's face. It just means, don't let them bully you and push you into that box where all the addicts are. You're not an addict, that's not your thing and you will not be grouped in with them.

What I'm saying basically, is that you have honesty on your side. You don't need to fake anything. You have pain. It's legitimate. You need to act like you're prepared for battle, but you're not going into it yet. If they discharge you for demanding appropriate care, I say, hit them with everything you've got. Grievances, phone calls, complaints about specific Doctor's bedside manner. We are in a fucked up system here my friend, both for licit and illicit users. Sometimes you have to be aggressive.

As I said thank you for taking the time. It is really appreciated.

I have already done exactly as you said. I was always assertive. I always took their advice, but I always laid it all out for them. Even letting them know opioid treatment has become a very touchy nit picked topic and in some cases a last resort for treatment. I had to work my way up on dosages because they would of showed me the door. They knew that in reality its their office, their DEA number, their judgement. And I can try their options as well as ask for what really works which is opiod therapy. In lesser words the ball was knowledgeable in their court.

I let them exhaust all treatment options themselves, while even keeping an open mind that maybe, in fact one of these epidurals might be a sucess.

They already know my side, I explained myself well, I even explained I understand and respect them. Honestly, I never did take no for an answer, I always gave them the truth.

As of right now at my next appointment, all I can do is make an attempt to explain myself, with hopes I'm not interuppted and cut off on insight or my medications.

Its a dice roll now. NOT a very comfortable situation. With the information I've gathered from each appointment, this Dr has a temperment that will be shown. I dont want the bad side of it.

The way it looks, is I need to find another Dr, take my results and explain my knowledge and situation as briefly as I can with hopes they understand. I don't think this Dr will budge anymore, but I can only tell by how my next appointment goes. I'm feeling as if they will be offended if I ask for all my records at this practice and inform the Dr I would like a second opinion.

I'm really thinking their intentions are actual to discharge me for absolutely no reason just because of how "by the book" everything has gone, including my injections and medication adjustments. Its almost as if the Dr will say, " You are still in pain?? Maybe you should go somewhere else". Its a hard spot and its going to effect my month no matter what. I assure you too, that I do not misuse my medication. Its just another month with pain, with or without medicines. Medicines being helpful of course, but not meeting my needs.