Mental Health Low dose olanzapine for social anxiety

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Title says it all. Im goin through alot of anxiety which ive had for years an ive been adicted to diazepam in the past to help me cope in stressful social situations. Now my dr is reluctant to prescribe any more benzoes an has decided to try me on a low dose of 2.5mg of olanzapine 1st week then 2nd week 5mg along with 2 10mg proprananol twice a day. I dont suffer any such paranoid thoughts or seein or hearing vioices so do any of you with experience with olanzapine think it will be useful helpful intreacting with people so im more at ease and not stressin out? Thanks for any opinions info

That sucks, he should have tampered with a weak benzo. But you'll figure this out.
Benzos are hell only when you want to rid of them and doctors should be the one to understand that.
Hope you can still enjoy the holidays. <3

That sucks, he should have tampered with a weak benzo. But you'll figure this out.
No i dont take diazepam anymore ive been on some of the srris but they dont help. Thats why hes started me now on an anti psychotic

Okay! Wish you good luck. Life will become so much better after going through these first weeks.
Sometimes it takes a longer period to adapt but that is mostly because some of us keep trying to be what we were when we used benzos.

That's Zyprexa right? I was prescribed that just to try to balance my mood out and I was done after 2 days. I can see how it might help with anxiety only because it puts your brain in a total fog. That's what it did to me anyway. I felt like I couldn't think clearly and I felt myself trying to fight through the fog to think. Ugh. I didn't like it, but maybe it will work better for you.

I have heard of propanolol being used for anxiety, but I've never tried that. I still prefer benzos, but it is something I'm still trying not to take too much of. I'll get it right one day. haha Funny thing with drugs is we convince ourselves we need too much of them when we actually don't. Addiction sucks so maybe the propanolol will give you a good break from the benzo cycle.