• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Low dose heroin taper

Bloxrox

Greenlighter
New to forums new to drugs don't laugh at me took lithium pregablin and Fluoxetine for 10 years never illegal drugs after personal tragedy 3 months ago stopped taking all my meds and started smoking 0.1 to 0.2 a day low grade heroin sometimes binges few times a week on 0.3 knew it was worst mistake of life the first time I did it anyway i have tapered down and for last week used twice a day 12 hours apart 0.04 not felt that ill physically just tired and hot cold flashes but mentally I can barely stand how Ill I feel. Should I stop now? Have I tapered low enough? Please be kind I no this is way smaller problem then most of you face.

Nobody's going to laugh at you here. It must have been awful for you. So after ten years of being on those prescriptions, you suddenly stopped them all? I imagine the discontinuation syndrome from all three simultaneously would be rough. Do you plan to go back on them after quitting heroin?

I'm going to move this to Other Drugs. Welcome to Bluelight!

If you have trouble with withdrawal there are plenty of resources here and elsewhere with ideas to help ease symptoms.

Good job on tapering down on H, many find that to be near impossible.

May I ask why you were using it? Was it to relieve pain or to dull the withdrawal of abruptly ceasing the meds you listed?

not felt that ill physically just tired and hot cold flashes but mentally I can barely stand how Ill I feel.

Yes that is like a light wd feels.
I think you have tapered enough, if you can resist after 3 days you start felling less ill and this usually is a motivation to go on