• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids LOW dose codeine effects?

Snoke

Greenlighter
I took ~30-40mg of codeine for pain and am not feeling anything. What should the effects be at this level. This is my first time so I may be intolerant...

A normal dosage for pain if you have no tolerance is around 0.5-1mg codeine per kg bodyweight, so you should have taken enough to experience some relief. Maybe take some more in an hour if you don't feel anything, but don't go over like 80-100mg for your first time.
There are a lot of people that don't get relief from taking codeine, because of a gene mutation resulting in a decrease/loss of CYP2D6 enzymes/activity.

I've heard that doses of 80-100mg would be toxic or cause someone my size (51kg) to fall asleep

I've heard that doses of 80-100mg would be toxic or cause someone my size (51kg) to fall asleep

I don't think that 80-100mg would be toxic, I have a source claiming that around 7mg per kg bodyweight would be dangerous for an adult.
But just to be safe better don't go over 80 for your first time, maybe up to 60mg now and report back

I don't think that 80-100mg would be toxic, I have a source claiming that around 7mg per kg bodyweight would be dangerous for an adult.
But just to be safe better don't go over 80 for your first time, maybe up to 60mg now and report back

I heard from an idiotic source that 1Kg of Codeine/Kg body weight is dangerous.

You guys gona get yourselves in deep shit with your /Kg myths. Don't consume more than 0.15g, regardless.

I'm going to go up to 108mg tomorrow (this isn't working I might just have low sensitivity) and it'll be around 1600mg APAP as well how bad is that for my liver if I just do it once

I'm going to go up to 108mg tomorrow (this isn't working I might just have low sensitivity) and it'll be around 1600mg APAP as well how bad is that for my liver if I just do it once

1600mg of apap if just taken once is alright. The daily maximum recommend dosage is 3000mg. But you should look into Cold Water Extraction,there's a megathread somewhere on how to do a CWE

And if 108mg are not helping I guess you have said gene mutation that is encoding for the CYP2D6 enzyme, making you a slow metabolizer.