• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Lots of vyvanse blurry vision

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
Is blurry vision surrounding texts off and on a cause for concern. Really trying to avoid going to the hospital. I do t even know how much I took today could of been 1000mg might of been 600 I don’t really know. I dumped out all the pills and didn’t measure it really except eyeballing and wasn’t planning for n redialing but once high I did redose the rest of it.

Im probably fine…been taking really large doses the last week or so but been sleeping nightly.

I just get lightheaded here and there and blurry vision when I look at texts like reading or on my phone or like typing right now. But it’s not too bad. I can still type.

Probably just anxious from the stupid large dose. Never again. I’m done with this shit. Never intended on abusing it to begin with but so it goes…

Damn thats a lot. My heart hurts just thinking about it. Anyway yeah I don't think blurry vision is too unusual while you're using high doses and missing sleep..... But I guess I should be responsible and also say don't hesitate calling for an ambulance if you feel like you need to.

Is blurry vision surrounding texts off and on a cause for concern. Really trying to avoid going to the hospital. I do t even know how much I took today could of been 1000mg might of been 600 I don’t really know. I dumped out all the pills and didn’t measure it really except eyeballing and wasn’t planning for n redialing but once high I did redose the rest of it.

Im probably fine…been taking really large doses the last week or so but been sleeping nightly.

I just get lightheaded here and there and blurry vision when I look at texts like reading or on my phone or like typing right now. But it’s not too bad. I can still type.

Probably just anxious from the stupid large dose. Never again. I’m done with this shit. Never intended on abusing it to begin with but so it goes…
That's a really huge dose. I take Vyvanse 40 mg every day for ADHD and I always get a little anxiety for like two or three when I was prescribed higher doses (still only increased by 10 mg, from 20 mg to 30 mg to 40 mg). Taking this at very high dose is dangerous given Vyvanse is a pro-drug and releases the dose over an extended period of time (it's not like Adderall where you just get the dexamp absorbed straight when you take it). Don't fuck around with Vyvanse man... Adderall or Dexedrine (or even meth) suits better for that purpose.

Abusing stimulants leads to tolerance (among other things), so if you have a legit medical condition like ADHD (where you literally need the pill to help you get shit done) your pill no longer works and your already impaired executive functions (in case of ADHD) would just get worse.

Well, I didn’t start at the dose when I relapsed recently and started abusing it. I worked up over the last week and a half or so. And I’m not even sure it was as high as 1000mg. I didn’t measure it. Pretty foolish.

I’m definitely good now tho as far as physical side effects, but man kinda pissed that I allowed this to happen. I just completed a very intensive inpatient treatment program and they put me on vyvanse there. Did well for awhile but as soon as I got out told my wife and my parents that I don’t want to take it anymore but they insisted. I knew it was a threat to my sobriety and it would just be a matter of time. I can’t blame them though. I’m the one who tossed them all down my throat.

Oddly enough I’ve been able to sleep most nights during this binge except tonight. Feeling better just trying to get past the depression that comes with relapsing and especially relapsing on stimulants because we all know the mood disturbances that can follow that.

Maybe I should ask to switch to something less abusable. I mean my psychiatrist literally asked me if I wanted adderral instead and I said no so I’m pretty sure she would be open to wake promoting agents like modafinil or idk maybe something that’s not a releaser, like concerta or something. I don’t really know.

Maybe I just say to hell with meds altogether. I already tried the non stimulants.

Meh…to hell with meds. They are a threat.

I do t even know how much I took today could of been 1000mg might of been 600 I don’t really know.
How come you don't know how much you took? Why didn't you dose properly? That was really dangerous but I'm glad you're ok now.

Well, I didn’t start at the dose when I relapsed recently and started abusing it. I worked up over the last week and a half or so. And I’m not even sure it was as high as 1000mg. I didn’t measure it. Pretty foolish.

I’m definitely good now tho as far as physical side effects, but man kinda pissed that I allowed this to happen. I just completed a very intensive inpatient treatment program and they put me on vyvanse there. Did well for awhile but as soon as I got out told my wife and my parents that I don’t want to take it anymore but they insisted. I knew it was a threat to my sobriety and it would just be a matter of time. I can’t blame them though. I’m the one who tossed them all down my throat.

Oddly enough I’ve been able to sleep most nights during this binge except tonight. Feeling better just trying to get past the depression that comes with relapsing and especially relapsing on stimulants because we all know the mood disturbances that can follow that.

Maybe I should ask to switch to something less abusable. I mean my psychiatrist literally asked me if I wanted adderral instead and I said no so I’m pretty sure she would be open to wake promoting agents like modafinil or idk maybe something that’s not a releaser, like concerta or something. I don’t really know.

Maybe I just say to hell with meds altogether. I already tried the non stimulants.

Meh…to hell with meds. They are a threat.
It wouldn’t hurt to have beta blockers around in case of emergency, given you’re relapsing on stimulants. Benzo works better but that’s still abuseable.

It’s just reckless impulsivity. Impulsivity is a main diagnostic criteria for ADHD. I believe for SUD too.
Interesting, I was completely unaware of that. Are people with ADHD during that moment aware that they have lost control over their behaviour (but are helpless witnesses of their actions, kind of like being in a nightmare, not being able to wake up), or do they only realize it after the fact? This sounds really scary. What if OP was an opioid addict like I am? Would he have popped oxy pills to the point of lethal overdose? Isn't there some kind of medication for achieving and maintaing impulse control? If this is a common symptom of someone with ADHD and that individual is addicted to a substance which can and does kill you at a certain dose, then it's only a matter of time until that person ends up dead. I wish you guys all the best.

@Juicewrldfan
Are you alright now? I have an open ear if you ever wanna talk or something. @Nurse Ratched is my role model when it comes to helping people. Wanna eventually end up being a kind soul like she is 🤗
Tihihi, this is what I like about opis...they make me so warm hearted and philanthropic instead of misanthropic. One love and all y'know...

Last edited:
Interesting, I was completely unaware of that. Are people with ADHD during that moment aware that they have lost control over their behaviour, or do they only realize it after the fact? This sounds really scary. What if OP was an opioid addict like I am? Would he have popped oxy pills to the point of lethal overdose? Isn't there some kind of medication for impulse control? I wish you guys all the best, really...
1. You would feel like you lost control when you’re trying to find your pill bottle. They are aware to the fact that they are addicted, but the *urge* is so stronger so I’m caving in. Giving up to the urge.
2. Most likely I think. Impulsivity puts away harm reduction techniques. You may be even an author of harm reduction book, but at that moment, nothing other than oxy and “high” matters—caving in to the urge.
3. Planning and executing goals, prioritizing tasks, staying in a task, etc. are “executive functions” and ppl with ADHD have impairments in regions of frontal lobe that are responsible for this set of cognitive abilities. Stimulants boost neuronal connectivity in frontal lobe by increasing dopamine and norepinephrine, which is why stimulants help us with executive functions, so yeah, stimulants are our “impulse control pill”, which is why prescription amphetamines are used properly used by majority of the ppl. But people who SUD and ADHD as a comorbidity are the ones who abuse prescription pills. I’ve never abused stimulants. I have meth laying around me all the time and I never had the urge to use it.

Last edited:
Inability to delay gratification is also one of core symptoms of ADHD, so that might play a role as well (adults usually don’t have hyperactive component to it but still this sticks around). With ADHD, if you want something, you want it then and there, right now! We have difficulty waiting.

@ninjapirateroberts

Hmmm...if amphetamines have the paradoxical effect of calming people with ADHD, do downers like opioids (over)stimulate you guys? If not, that is if opioids unfold a normal, non-atypical effect in you, then I'm thinking maybe opioids could help you folks delay gratification because this substance class basically fools the brain into believing that it has already achieved something great. On the other hand, an opioid addiction is no joke...

Blurry vision can be a sign of hypertensive crisis where blood pressure is 180/120. I would be extremely worried that such a thing happened on a medication that is known to increase blood pressure

Blurry vision can be a sign of hypertensive crisis where blood pressure is 180/120. I would be extremely worried that such a thing happened on a medication that is known to increase blood pressure

Was coming here to say this. Blurry vision is, a lot of times related to high BP.

Please be careful OP.

Stay good y’all
Always, fair winds and following seas

Was coming here to say this. Blurry vision is, a lot of times related to high BP.

Please be careful OP.

Stay good y’all
Always, fair winds and following seas
Yeah. I figured. I’m I think I’m in the clear now. And the good thing is I’m out of vyvanse now and the bad thing is I’m out of vyvanse now lol. So now I just set myself up for suboxone and vyvanse withdrawl. Fun times

Yeah opioid wds are hell. When I used to get them I was always afraid of the ultra realistic, degenerate nightmares...so much that I was afraid to fall asleep. Do you have Pregabalin maybe? This would certainly help.

Yeah opioid wds are hell. When I used to get them I was always afraid of the ultra realistic, degenerate nightmares...so much that I was afraid to fall asleep. Do you have Pregabalin maybe? This would certainly help.
Yeah, I hear that helps a lot of people but things that affect gaba even if not directly seem to always cause depression in me. Kava benzos, etc all have so idk of lyrica would be the same but I do know I took like almost an entire bottle of it one time and didn’t get any effect whatsoever and I don’t take gabergics obviously so it’s not a tolerance thing.

I have some good quality kratom that’s been lying around for a few months in my closet from before they put me on suboxone but I doubt it will do much. I’m only on day two without subs.

but things that affect gaba even if not directly seem to always cause depression in me
Lol I think you should worry more about wd induced depression. That's the worst thing ever. You seem to take the fact that you're about to enter an opioid wd with an awful lot of stoicism...I'd be having a mental breakdown. The pain, the chills, the anxiety, the depression, the psychotic panic attacks, puking, shitting, muscles ache like acid is flowing through them...every time I cold turkeyed I was on the ground screaming and crying for help, and you're like "oh and btw I'm about to cold turkey guys lol".
You're either one hell of a hardcore mf...or you're one hell of a hardcore mf.
Maybe I've just become too soft for wds. I just can't handle them anymore.

Wish I could throw some of my morphine over to you and help you. Do you have no access to comfort meds? Some Clonidine maybe? Or loperamide for the gastrointestinal stuff?

Lol I think you should worry more about wd induced depression. That's the worst thing ever. You seem to take the fact that you're about to enter an opioid wd with an awful lot of stoicism...I'd be having a mental breakdown. The pain, the chills, the anxiety, the depression, the psychotic panic attacks, puking, shitting, muscles ache like acid is flowing through them...every time I cold turkeyed I was on the ground screaming and crying for help, and you're like "oh and btw I'm about to cold turkey guys lol".
You're either one hell of a hardcore mf...or you're one hell of a hardcore mf.
Maybe I've just become too soft for wds. I just can't handle them anymore.

Wish I could throw some of my morphine over to you and help you. Do you have no access to comfort meds? Some Clonidine maybe? Or loperamide for the gastrointestinal stuff?
nah, depression does get bad and anxiety on opioid withdrawal. The suboxone I kinda taperered slightly and I have already been in withdrawl just not severe yet. Who knows maybe I’ll get lucky. I think maybe being high asf on stims for the past few days has masked most of the withdrawl maybe. I think I may have tapered too fast tho. I told my dr I wanted to do an agressive taper and so I jumped from 16mg a day for the past three months to 2mg but I ended up taking more because I was feeling like shit on my come downs and thought it would help so been out for two days. I’m thinking jumping from 16 to 2 maybe was a bit too aggressive. Probably should have took the drifters advice and not insisted on it, but as you can probably tell I’m hardheaded lol.

To be honest I’m more worried about the Vyvanse withdrawal. I’ve been on it for about 3-4 months and I just did an entire months supply in 4 days so I fear the withdrawl will definitely fuck with my mental state. I get can suboxone very easily. In fact part of the reason why I may seem kinda stoic about it is I have an appointment in 2 days to get more and probably will just increase it to 8mg. I think jumping from 16 to 2 was a mistake. At least this fast.

The vyvanse is much harder to replace. Doctors are very strict with stimulants for obvious reasons and because I think they get put under a magnifying glass when their DEA number keeps popping up stimulant prescriptions. The only thing I can try probably is asking for a different adhd medication. I know she would put me back on adderral but I know I’d end up abusing it so I don’t want an amphetamine. I’m thinking a long acting Ritalin type stimulant. I would think they would be less likely to cause strong euphoria. And that’s what triggers me. When I take my normal dose I got euphoria and after a couple months I gave in and abused it. Withdrawing from subs probably didn’t help with the cravings. I guess it was a perfect storm.

I’d even consider modafinil but from what I’ve read it doesn’t seem very effective. Ritalin type drugs just block reuptake but amphetamines do that and release dopamine. So I would think that Ritalin type drugs will help with my adhd but not cause euphoria in the way that amphetamines do.

Clonidine actually would be nice to be honest. I would have been able to sleep last night. I’m sure she would prescribe it and it’s probably a good idea to keep on hand to help if I ever do relapse again. I hope not, but my track record doesn’t convince me that it won’t happen unless they give me something other than amphetamine.

I can definitely get loperamide tho. I mean I’m pretty sure it’s OTC. Clonidine I’ll have to wait for my appointment. My sub doctor is also my adhd doctor. She’s known me a few years and originally had me on adderral but they out me on vyvanse inpatient and so when I got out and went back to her she asked if I wanted to go back on adderral instead. And I told her no. I didn’t tell her why but I know it’s more abusable. Vyvanse has some kind of ceiling effect I feel like. Tho what dose that is I have yet to figure out and I’m done experimenting.

And Clonidine is actually often used as an add on medication to treat adhd.

I actually do want to be sober I think. Well soberish if I’m being honest. I just don’t want to be trapped in a cycle of an all consuming addiction.

I’m actually over the depression I think. Or maybe the kratom is just helping idk. I could hardly stomach drinking it down tho. Almost threw up several times. I never used to. Idk why it does it now. I want to drink more. I have a stock pile but I really don’t feel like gulping down another glass. Just I feel the mood lift fading and to be honest I may seem like I’m a bad ass but I fear the depressing thought loops more than anything. It get very very dark for me to say the least.

I’m good though. Thanks for your support:)