• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Lost heroin euphoria

Branggen

Bluelighter
Hey all, doing opiates for about half a year now and most recently heroin. been noticing lost most of the euphoria and if any its short during the small rush from insuflation. usually do about 1/4-1/2 a bag lines. basically wondering if an increase in dose would bring back that same feeling or if would just become more dangerous. Thanks nick

You want to nod? Feel warm and fuzzy? What? Euphoria experience is different for everyone.

Welcome to heroin...the drug that'll keep you searching for euphoria over and over and over, but rarely ever achieve it again.

My advice? Upping your dose is going to raise your tolerance, resulting in you wanting more and more and more....plus, there's a thing called OD, ya know.

It probably would bring back a little of the euphoria, but also make things more risky.

The thing is with all drugs(as with every other thing this world can give). When you get used to the effect the euphoria decreases, even if your tolerance goes down it won't feel the same as it used to.

You can probably up your dose and get stoned again, but it will probably only work once or twice, but your increased dose will become your standard maintenance dose. Studies in Norway of legal heroin revealed a ceiling dose also; at least a practical one, where most people stopped wanting more. (By the way, that dose is significantly less than you would expect, unless you're familiar with pure dope).

See that's where the REAL chasing the dragon term comes from (South Park had it right) how amazing that first (couple) high(s) were and how you will never experience the first time again (many songs about this). Now the lost euphoria comes with addiction... physical and mental addiction. It is now a supplement your body THINKS it needs and in kind of a way it does, your body now relies upon dope to feel any level of dopamine/goodness/comfortableness. The only thing to increase the euphoria (and BE CAREFUL) is to do more which just exaserbates the problem...I went from a gram a day habit to 2 grams a day habit in a week cause I lost the euphoria and the nod and I Wanted it again and I couldn't find benzos (Which is just a worse way to gamble with your life) and benadryl just put me to sleep...

so welcome to heroin addiction, kick it early man,, I'm 26 about to be 27 and been battling this shit for 13 years, spent 2 years in prison, 6 months living in parks and 10 years on the needle. Wrecklessly too might I add........

Raising the dose will only be chasing the dragon. Try taking a break for a week or two. You will probably run into withdrawals you can do your best to tough out, but will be hell if it is your first time. I recommend weening by reducing the dose every day or so until you reduce frequency until you haven't used for a month. Next time you start don't binge more than 3 days. Daily use without break is your issue here.

Last edited:
Since no one actually answered and just fed you the same one liners, I figured I'd log in just to give an actual answer. If you like the other's answers and you can listen to people use the same cliche shit over and over. Just tell them that Bill Wilson was a greedy, insider trader, drunk who stole almost all his ideas from the Oxford group and that addiction science has increased since the 30s. They usually spicesc thud to.

So, heroin. Here are some ways. Crush a 50mg Naltrexone and add it to a 2 leader. Mix vigorously. Now everyou hour or take a half to full bottle cap of the mixture. There's no taste, don't worry. This will keep tolerance at bay or even lower it for some people. I had a genetic test, Naltrexone isn't pover full so I take 3 or 4 bottle caps. If you wake up in the middle of the night, another bottle cap and then a line. If you shoot, use a dropper and add you Naltrexone mix to you shot. 4 or 5 drops from a little $1 dropper from walgreens.

Ok, now the other stuff. About 30 minutes after dosing or right away if you shoot, eat 800mg of Tagamet, the heart burn medicine and 300mg of Zantac. This will help a little and make it last. Repeat every 45 to an hour.

The other thing you can do. Get a needless syringe. The pharmacy has therm but you don't need a script. Just say is to feed your baby kitten cuz he's the runt of something. Mix up your heroin with water really well. Suck it all up with the syringe. Get some vegetables or olive oil, whatever is cheap. Run the oil on the outside of the syringe. Lay ass up, face on the floor as if you were getting raped. Shower the syringe about an inch up your ass, squirt all the heroin water in your ass deep enough until it stays. Slowly pull it out. This should get you higher than snorting.

Google things like opiate potentiators and stuff and read. There's ever more tricks. Some even claim they can get to the point where they are no longer addicted. I stay addicted, but the WDs are nothing compared to what they use to be.

What else? Keep gooogling and researching. Never take even a chunk of Naltrexone. Always use the method is described. God luck. If you kill yourself, please don't let family know. I don't wanna live with that. You will end up in the psych ward, jail or dead. Please clear your history as I already have ptsd and don't need to hear about it.

New user here. Been dealing with this myself and along with lack of money, I've been using kratom (bali/maeng) to wean off. Typically do IM with H and I'm tired of the fear of running out. The cold sweat that worrying brings even though I have a few more hits left. Terrible.

New user here. Been dealing with this myself and along with lack of money, I've been using kratom (bali/maeng) to wean off. Typically do IM with H and I'm tired of the fear of running out. The cold sweat that worrying brings even though I have a few more hits left. Terrible.

Welcome to BL. You are not too far down if Kratom helps at all. Also, if you are going to shoot dope, IM is a VERY bad way to do it - can lead to serious abcesses and infection. Snort it, smoke it, or IV it. SC and IM shots have to be perfectly clean or you WILL have shit go wrong.

Welcome to BL. You are not too far down if Kratom helps at all. Also, if you are going to shoot dope, IM is a VERY bad way to do it - can lead to serious abcesses and infection. Snort it, smoke it, or IV it. SC and IM shots have to be perfectly clean or you WILL have shit go wrong.

I hope I've quoted you correctly. Yeah, IM is for the birds but since losing weight (200lbs to 135lbs) I'm very fleshy and veins are nearly non-existent. I typically just shoot it right into my belly lately- less dangerous that way and to what I understand, the hioavailability is almost the same to snorting. Today I'm very cold though and kratom is helping but I'm craving badly. This is the life, eh? Maybe I'll try that rape-in-the-shower oilrmethod with my remaining chuck at home. I'm just dead on my feet today.

I'm right there with you man. I've also been using a little over half a year and have been IVing for a while, yet I struggle to catch a nod and get the effect I used to. I feel like it's just part of the heroin lifestyle and you have to just accept it at this point. I was clean over a month, had a drop in tolerance, and still don't get the same effects. It sucks but from what I understand you just gotta live with it.