• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Loss of feeling in fingers and feet? neurotoxicity?

danglesmcgee

Bluelighter
IM a bit baffled by this one. Imagine you by accident fall asleep on your wrist and you wake up, and your hand is numb and tingly.....now imagine that never goes away, and begins to effect other fingers as time goes on. thats whats happening to my hands. im so baffled. my fingers now in BOTH hands are partly numb, and partly tingly. when i bring my head down quickly, i feel a jolt, feels like its pulling on every single nerve ending in my feet.
when i walk i trip out and it feels like the ground is moving (well sometimes it does because im in new zealand atm).

IM starting to worry that big binge i had 2 weeks ago has resulted in neurotoxicity (amphetamines) im also prescribed vanlefaxine, has anyone ever been stupid enough to mix SNRI's or SSRI's with amphetamines? the numbness and tingling is now spreading to my palms. its really odd.

anyone experience this? your help is appreciated

How long has it been going on for? Spreading tingling in the extremities definitely sounds like something I'd seek medical attention for. Check yourself into A&E, or see a GP asap.

Im on effexor too and after speed use. Get that too# it eventually goes away but it scared me at first.

Not a doctor it be could vasoconstriction. Especially if you already have high blood pressure. I would check your blood pressure. And, if possible test your blood pressure at peak amphetamine effects and during tingling.

Effexor may increase the possibly of vasocontriction due to it being not just a ssri but also a NRI (while weak imo)

But also effexor may be able to alter the pharmokinetics of amphetamine making levels slightly higher for slightly longer by inhibiting p450 cyp2d6 (while more weakly then say prozac or wellbutrin (strong inhibibitors).

In my personal experience i believe effexor may moderately increase the peak effects and duration by moderate enzyme inhibition rather than NRI due to taking strattera (a selective NRI) and not noticing a drastic effect on amphetamines. However, this is just my subjective opinion and is therefore flawed and i wouldnt base anything on it.