• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Losing the effects of methylphenidate and drip problems

noctrnaldrm

Greenlighter
I've been snorting Ritalin(instant release) for 2 months in order to stay awake for long hours and be concentrated on my studies(not for entertainment). Before and after snorting, I clean my nostril with saline spray or water to remove caked shit. However, day by day I feel like I am losing the rush effects and some powder goin' to my lungs and throat (it didn't use to be like this 2 weeks ago it was just sticking to membranes and I hardly felt drip and rush was very intense).
Are my nasal membranes too fucked up to hold powder? or did I build up a high tolerance to this shit?

(I have never experienced any nose bleeding since I started snorting)
(Snorting 40-60 mg daily, only one line for 2 hour and redosing)

This sounds pretty much like a textbook case of tolerance. You can get a more advantageous effect from Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta) by changing up the route of administration. If you're interested in this, just ask.

No, it shouldn't make your gums bleed. Maybe brush your teeth and floss more?

Yeah this sounds like classic tolerance. You can try oral but I don't think you'll get much better effects besides longer duration. The only other more potent ROA is plugging and i'm not sure how amendable you are to that idea.