Losing all hope that anything will ever get better

queenscarlet88

Bluelighter
I've exhausted my options for sleep. Earlier I made a post about doxepin and how it was helping me sleep. Haha! It worked for the first two nights but now, like everything else I've ever tried, by the third night in a row it loses all efficacy and doesn't make me sleepy or tired at all. So I'm probably looking at being awake for the next 36 to 60 hours because that's how my worthless brain and body work. Endless cycles of cortisol and adrenaline being released for no apparent reason. This shit is because of the detla 8 THC. I used to think it was a rough night when I only slept five or six hours. I would kill for five or six hours per night now. The natural amount of sleep I get in a night averages 1.5 hours per night because so many of them are completely sleepless. This has been going on for so long at this point that I don't have any confidence or hope of getting better in any way. Every medication I've ever been given has either had no effect or made the sleeping issue worse.

I’m sorry that you are struggling so much right now. Just curious, how much doxepin are you on? 6mg? How long have you been taking it? Sounds like just two days?

Why do you say that D8 messed up your adrenergic system? I wasn’t aware that it does that, but I don’t know everything, far from it actually.

I know easier said than done but try not to think about being awake and wanting sleep. Try to do something that will help you take your mind off of sleep. This might help you fall asleep depending what the activity is.

Be kind and patient with yourself too.

Yeah they said they were (are?) using like 5,000-10,000 mg a day of D8. So idk what to think
umm how the hell do you use that much a day?

I suppose it’s possible because you have to take more of D8 to get effects similar to D9. When I would use it, I would take a 400mg edible but that lasted me pretty much the rest the day. Sure it wouldn’t be enough to keep me high fir 24 hours but I’d normally take it late afternoon and be right until about 8-9 pm sometimes later.

That is a significant amount of D8. Still I’m not sure how that would affect the adrenergic system but I didn’t think D9 binds to the adrenergic system and that’s the closest thing we have to compare. Yet I suppose there could be a downstream effect. 🤷‍♂️

Stop all chemicals for an extended period of time, give your brain a chance to reset and operate naturally. You said it yourself ‘every medication I’ve ever been given has made no difference or made the sleeping issue worse’.

How is your sleep hygiene?

I've exhausted my options for sleep. Earlier I made a post about doxepin and how it was helping me sleep. Haha! It worked for the first two nights but now, like everything else I've ever tried, by the third night in a row it loses all efficacy and doesn't make me sleepy or tired at all. So I'm probably looking at being awake for the next 36 to 60 hours because that's how my worthless brain and body work. Endless cycles of cortisol and adrenaline being released for no apparent reason. This shit is because of the detla 8 THC. I used to think it was a rough night when I only slept five or six hours. I would kill for five or six hours per night now. The natural amount of sleep I get in a night averages 1.5 hours per night because so many of them are completely sleepless. This has been going on for so long at this point that I don't have any confidence or hope of getting better in any way. Every medication I've ever been given has either had no effect or made the sleeping issue worse.
The best sleeping aid is diazepam, the reason is because it is a muscle relaxant and therefore it will work longer day after day then other benzo's. You need a strong muscle relaxant bezodiazepine. You could also
take 25/50mg Baclofen with your sleeping aid, this will make both meds stronger,

ok bad advice? Right don't do it, baclofen + -pam you will only go further into the addiction. An addiction is nothing more that the shit does not work anymnore, but if you don't take em then you have a real problem, that's with all substances the same. Go and walk atleast 10 miles a day, in the morning and evening, works for me. Good luck