• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lorazepam tolerance

Eric_81

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!

I got a question in regards to lorazepam tolerance. I have been taking lorazepam for close to a year now but I only take it once in a while. I noticed I am developing a tolerance to it even when I rarely take it. I was taking it about once or twice a week but now I am taking it about once every 2 weeks because if I take it to often it doesn't work as good. But even though I am taking it less it seems to still not work very good. i was taking 1mg to start but now when I take it I take 2mg. So basically I am wondering, does tolerance keep building up and will it keep building up to the point where it no longer works at all even if I rarely take it? Should I go less and less or will that even matter?

Are you taking lorazepam for anxiety, sleep or recreation? It's effects can feel subtle. I noticed that even with using a couple times a week, you can build a tolerance when it comes to benzos in general. So when you started taking lorazepam less frequently, it's not going to feel the same as if you had never used it. You may need to take a break from it.