• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Lorazepam I.v.

Anna smith

Greenlighter
Can lorazepam injection USP 2mg/ml be given directly in the vein or does it have to be mixed with saline? Thanks

I don't know if it needs to be mixed with saline but FWIW everytime I've gotten IV meds in the hospital including Ativan they always flush the line with saline right after.

Don't shoot benzo's! 99% of them are nearly insoluble in water, and have a very high oral bioavailibilty anyways!

Here's a useful thread regarding the solubility of benzo's, that you'll probably find quite useful!
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/489494-Benzodiazepines-Solubilities-in-Water

- Hopeless 7nos

That's right, but iirc there are vials out there with lorazepam mixed with PG, saline and benzyl alcohol. Those are meant to be injected.
But imo injecting benzos only increases the risks and you don't feel a rush, so maybe take it sublingual?

^ Agreed, you might be able to add solutions and shit to be able to inject it, but the risk vastly outweighs the reward when it comes to benzo's! Like Kleiner stated, there isn't a rush to be had..

Although I will add, Lorazepam is one of the few benzo's with a fairly high intranasal B.A. (75 % )! So snorting it is quite feesible..

I should probably answer your question though, NO, it cannot simply be injected with just water, and I'm unsure if saline will do the trick either.

- Hopeless 7nos

Can lorazepam injection USP 2mg/ml be given directly in the vein or does it have to be mixed with saline? Thanks

IV Lorazepam is preferably given via a drip with saline. This reduces the chances of it fucking up your veins and any excess CNS depression happening. If it has to be given more quickly such as during Status Epilepticus or a severe acute Psychotic or Manic episode it should be given by slow injection. I have had vials of 4mg's/ML Lorazepam and Ampules of Valium and with both your are supposed to IV them slowly or give them by deep IM injection. I IVed them straight out of a syringe like a idiot but i shot them up very slow. I IVed 8mg's of Lorazepam and 12mg's on another and 15mg's of Valium (a ampule and a half) as i had the 3ML syringes. I can't say IV Benzos are any better then oral Benzos or atleast not any stronger and certainly there is no rush. They do however kick in much faster which is the whole point i guess. I managed to keep a few vials of Lorazepam in my med kit until they got past their expiration date for emergencies such as say someone or myself needing a Benzo to work very fast. But sadly i had to dispose of them ;) . I did find IV Valium valuable on one occasion when i fucked up my back and i Ived 15mg's along with a shot of Morphine. The Valium loosened up my back and the Morphine helped the pain and within a few minutes i was okay.

The vials and Ampules reek of Alcohol as well and the Lorazepam and Valium has a different consistency then a drug dissolved in water when you suck it up in the syringe.

It's usually mixed with saline so any residual medicine from the rig stuck in the needle once you plunged but you want every Lil spill to be as easy as possible, mix your stuff with enough saline to fill a 1ml/cc syringe or 3ml/cc syringe so it's mainly saline with a Lil drug. But injecting pure benzos won't hurt you. Pure opiates, on the other hand, are very acidic and can burn anyones veins lungs and heart

There are liquid versions of all benzos out there. This person never said anything bout crushing pills. I'm a Lil worried bought sum the reading comprehension I'm seeing here. I think I counted 3 people saying it's not safe to inject pills which has nothing to do with this. Many 2 people

There are liquid versions of all benzos out there. This person never said anything bout crushing pills. I'm a Lil worried bought sum the reading comprehension I'm seeing here. I think I counted 3 people saying it's not safe to inject pills which has nothing to do with this. Many 2 people

Ah yes you are right, I stand corrected, But in my defense, we get people everyday asking the samething about shooting benzo pills, so intitial reaction is to detour such use.. "oh just another mf'er asking if he/she can shoot X benzo"
And it is 6am, and I've been up all night, layoff me! lol jk..

I think I counted 3 people
I may need to work on my reading comprehension, but you need to work on your basic math! I was the only one who made that mistake..

- Hopeless 7nos

Last edited:

Yes but it says on the product monograph for these liquid ampules of IV/IM Lorazepam that if they are given IV to be given with saline or by very slow injection. The Alcohol in these Ampules can hurt your veins apparently.

I've had IV Ativan a few times for "alcohol withdrawal" which was really Suboxone withdrawal but I get such horrible anxiety and muscle tightness and chest pain from opiate withdrawal it's almost as bad as alcohol withdrawal. I figured out if you say you went on a week long drinking binge and had to stop and now you feel horrible they don't really question it. My vitals were on par with someone going through alcohol withdrawal. Pulse 120+ sky high blood pressure, extreme shakiness....all caused from horrible anxiety due to opiate withdrawal. Anyway my point is, I found IV Ativan to be pleasurable. Not really a rush but more like a huge wave of just bliss. When you haven't slept for 3 days and have been experiencing horrible anxiety and panic attacks it's the best feeling in the world IMO. I pulled this stunt a few months ago after a week of bupe withdrawal, been awake for 3 days straight, had to wait 2 hours in the ER before i got in... throwing up the whole time and wishing I would just die. As soon as the nurse gave gave the IV lorazepam (which they always inject very slowly) I started slurring my speech to the nurses and fell asleep mid sentence. That was at about 6pm and I finally woke up at 8AM the next day in a completely different part of the hospital lol. They moved me around and drew blood work a bunch of times and I didn't even wake up. Then about an hour after I woke up I started getting nauseous and anxiety again and I told the nurse and she gave me IV phenorgan and Ativan and I fell asleep for another 5 hours lol. They sent me home with a script for 10 Ativan 1mg and took them every 8 hours or so over the next 3 days. It was very helpful with the bupe withdrawal. I basically got to just sleep through 5 days of WD.

To answer your question, yes, it does have to be mixed with, at minimum, an equal amount of saline in order to be safely injected. The more dilute the better, really.

If you've never had IV lorazepam before, definitely start with a low dose.

I've had IV Ativan a few times for "alcohol withdrawal" which was really Suboxone withdrawal but I get such horrible anxiety and muscle tightness and chest pain from opiate withdrawal it's almost as bad as alcohol withdrawal. I figured out if you say you went on a week long drinking binge and had to stop and now you feel horrible they don't really question it. My vitals were on par with someone going through alcohol withdrawal. Pulse 120+ sky high blood pressure, extreme shakiness....all caused from horrible anxiety due to opiate withdrawal. Anyway my point is, I found IV Ativan to be pleasurable. Not really a rush but more like a huge wave of just bliss. When you haven't slept for 3 days and have been experiencing horrible anxiety and panic attacks it's the best feeling in the world IMO. I pulled this stunt a few months ago after a week of bupe withdrawal, been awake for 3 days straight, had to wait 2 hours in the ER before i got in... throwing up the whole time and wishing I would just die. As soon as the nurse gave gave the IV lorazepam (which they always inject very slowly) I started slurring my speech to the nurses and fell asleep mid sentence. That was at about 6pm and I finally woke up at 8AM the next day in a completely different part of the hospital lol. They moved me around and drew blood work a bunch of times and I didn't even wake up. Then about an hour after I woke up I started getting nauseous and anxiety again and I told the nurse and she gave me IV phenorgan and Ativan and I fell asleep for another 5 hours lol. They sent me home with a script for 10 Ativan 1mg and took them every 8 hours or so over the next 3 days. It was very helpful with the bupe withdrawal. I basically got to just sleep through 5 days of WD.

Lucky bastard. I got the same effect from 12mg's of IV Lorazepam as i did from 12mg's of oral Lorazepam which is nothing. It's one Benzo that has never had much effect n me at all. Hell even about 20mg's orally does fuck all for me. Then again i have been on Clonazepam in doses of up to 6mg's everyday for over a decade. Granted even before i had a Benzo tolerance it did fuck all for me.

Hmm, that's weird. I used to be prescribed 30 Ativan 1mg every month but it usually only lasted me about 7 days. I'd take 2 when I got home from work and get that nice relaxed half-drunk feeling until about 9pm when I would take 2 more and sleep like a baby. One time I went a little crazy and bought ten 15mg Roxis and kept snorting them and popping and Ativan throughout the day. My wife got home from work at 11pm and found me completely destroyed stumbling around knocking shit over falling down and I had ended up taking between 10-15 Ativan and doing all 10 of the Roxi 15s. She had to stay up all night and watch me breathe. She wanted to call an ambulance but I wouldn't let her or so I'm told. My memory is completely blank after like 7pm that night. I came really close to overdosing that night. That was a Friday night and I basically slept until Monday morning. After that I stopped mixing opiates and benzos.