• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lorazepam 8mg

flyingian

Greenlighter
So I took some L tonight.

T+0:00 2.5mg oral (3:00am EST)
T+1:00 2mg oral
T+1:15 "screw that I'm large" 2mg oral
T+1:17 "I thing she feels lonely... GULP!" 1mg oral

It's now 4:35am and I was wondering if I had something to check or what. I'm fairly large (6'' 2 - 300lbs) but I just realised what I took was a huge dose.

4:35am: Feeling A1, Mildy relax, could be better.

More lorazepam? 8o

Trip report.

8mg is a lot, I wouldn't take any more.

I don't think these types of threads of allowed in the first place.

8mg (for me) is huge. I'm tolerant with a lot of benzo (almost all). But Lorazepam always gave me very strange effects (even with 2,5mg).
Out of body experience just before sleepinglike if it is a psychedelic drug, nightmare... (but it is me, and this product has not the right effect on my brain, i really don't know why ?)

I really hate it.

I'm benzofan except for lorazepam !

i don't know what your tolerance is like... but with benzos, you can take a lot without OD'ing (IF you don't mix with µCNS depressants), however the more you take, the high won't necessarily get better....

Is this the first time you've taken a relatively large dose of a benzodiazepine?

mild relaxion and anxiety relief is all you can really expect from lorazepam, and thats what you described feeling, so i think thats as good as it gets for you....

Personally i get great relief which i consider as "nearly" euphoric from alprazolam or loprazolam for example... however i have tried many benzos but not lorazepam coz i got the impression it was a prettty weak benzo, and not worth switching my prescription in case i got stuck with it, and i don't buy benzos I once traded sum sub for clonazepam which is amongst my least favourite benzos, but it kept withdrals at bay so i was glad to have it.....

Lorazepam is the most subtle benzodiazepine I've taken. 8mg isn't a big dose for someone with a tolerance but if you aren't tolerant then yes, it can be a lot. But obviously it wasn't too much for you. Taking more will just make you sleepier.

What were you expecting from Lorazepam? Some people are looking for an opiate-type euphoric buzz but they're looking in the wrong place so they are let down.

Just woke up from the best night I could ever have. This is juste what I was looking for since I haven't slept in the last week or so.

No ataxia
My memorie hasn't been raped
Everything is fine

EDIT: I realize that this is a huge dose on the verge of OD for some people, don't do that!

It's not on the verge of OD, benzos have a very large therapeutic index. So 8am is a lot, but it is still safe.

It's one of the main reasons the benzos have largely replaced the barbs.

your better off taking other benzos for more desireable recreational effects (imo/ime)

lorazepam is a lame benzo

It's not on the verge of OD, benzos have a very large therapeutic index. So 8am is a lot, but it is still safe.

It's one of the main reasons the benzos have largely replaced the barbs.

Indeed.. the LD50 for any benzo alone is so high, you're more lkely to fall asleep rather than overdose if you have no tolerance

I'm fairly small (5'3" and currently 114 lbs, however I weighed differently at the times of these encounters) so regarding 8 mg being "on the verge of OD" this is my experience as someone who is of my size.

I've messed around with Ativan twice...I was prescribed it when I was eleven because of a seizure disorder, but never ended up taking it so I had a lot lying around (and lorazepam tends to have a very long shelf-life despite the on-label expiry date). The first time I took it I was eighteen years old and weighed approx. 102-104 lbs. I brought it to my friend's house after school and long story short took two 2mg pills orally. It was alright, I wasn't feeling very high but it was definitely affecting my ability to do stuff like think of words. My friends wanted to try snorting some, so I crushed up 3 more pills and divided it three ways and snorted the biggest line, so I had around 6-7mg total that day. It was pretty wild, seeing as no benzo had ever been in my body before that day (one of my friends wasn't affected at all by the approx. 2mg line, the other got pretty fucked up but had also eaten a lot of weed brownie so was probably mostly high from that), and I don't remember much. One thing I do remember is that when my friend woke me up because I had started to fall asleep whilst on the phone with a family member (whoops! that's a whole other story) my dream merged with reality and my friend's living room was all a swirling red pattern and I remember some shit about dragons.

The other time I messed around with it was a few months later, I was alone in my room, and the experience was completely different. I was probably about 120 lbs. at the time, maybe a few pounds fewer. I initially snorted 4 mg and told myself I'd see where things went and maybe crush up one more pill later. I felt pretty calm, but not in a way that one couldn't feel without drugs...I think that's the best way to describe it. Everything seemed really quiet though which was nice. I didn't feel too fucked up, just like if someone asked me to perform some tasks for them I would maybe have trouble with things that weren't completely basic. I decided to snort another pill, bringing me up to 6 mg. This had me feeling pretty damn good. I wrapped myself up in my duvet on my bed and it was the coziest feeling ever. I put on a good album on my iPod and just fucking chilled. I did end up deciding that I wanted more though, so I had 8 mg total that night. I don't remember a lot after that, but I know I felt so unbelievably cozy and it was the perfect feeling. I'd been pretty damn stressed out earlier that day and was dealing with untreated depression and anxiety at the time, so by contrast it was amazing.

The next day I woke up at 3 pm (my mother had tried to wake me up many times without success) and to my surprize was still being affected by the Ativan. I was supposed to meet some friends at the movies at 4 pm, so I threw something on and somehow got there relatively on-time. It's worth mentioning that I threw up before I left my home, but had not eaten anything. When I got to the theatre I just kind of stood zoned out until my friends arrived, at which point they immediately picked up on the fact that something was up with me. Apparently my body was crying - like there were tears streaming down my face and stuff - but I was completely oblivious to this. My friends decided to take me to the hospital and ignored me when I protested, but I didn't get upset because I was chilled tf out on these pills. I threw up again at this point. We stopped at the pharmacy in the mall we were at so my friends could ask the pharmacist what to do regarding my state and the pharmacist said I should go to the ER.

At the ER every person I spoke to assumed I was trying to kill myself when they heard how much I took, and were not convinced when I told them otherwise. In truth, when I was taking the stuff I just wanted more because it would make me feel more good than I was already feeling. In hindsight I'm pretty shook at having so many doctors assume I was attempting suicide, because I guess that means I could have accidentally done so. Apparently I got very close to ODing with the amount I took considering my size. I did end up fine, though. Didn't need IV or anything they just observed me for a few hours and gave me a psych assessment.

TL;DR Be careful when taking Ativan because it doesn't take a lot to OD, and your size plays a big role in how much you can handle. Some people are fine, others could get destroyed. "The verge of OD" is exactly how I'd describe it for me. Although I didn't OD, apparently I got close.

TL;DR Be careful when taking Ativan because it doesn't take a lot to OD, and your size plays a big role in how much you can handle. Some people are fine, others could get destroyed. "The verge of OD" is exactly how I'd describe it for me. Although I didn't OD, apparently I got close.

8mg of lorazepam is nowhere near being "on the verge of OD." Anyone who told you such nonsense is full of shit. It's almost impossible to fatally OD on benzos alone, and many benzo-tolerant individuals can ingest three times that amount and still be walking and talking. I know during my peak benzo tolerance I certainly could.

Lorazepam is also not particularly strong in comparison to other benzos, either.

Now, as someone who is not benzo-tolerant, had you mixed it with opioids or alcohol, you could have been in some real danger.