• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Lopers detox hell

Tolerance

Greenlighter
I’m looking for advice and support with quitting loperamide. I started using them again in July last year after a little hydrocodone spree. I had been addicted to loperamide before, but I got free by tapering. So that is what I tried to do again. Yesterday was day four of no lopes, but I was so incredibly sick I gave in and took 16 of them. Sixteen again this morning. I had planned this time to get memantine to help with withdrawal, but Inhouse is out of stock, and the expected restock date keeps moving a few days more into the future every time I look at the website. I suppose they are having trouble with the FDA or some “authority.” I have clonidine but I can’t take it because I’m on a tricyclic for depression. At this point I’m thinking about stopping the tricyclic temporarily and using the clonidine plus dxm to help through the hellish detox. What should I do? Or what should I not do?:sick:

I think you're supposed to leave a two week gap in between anti-rascal medicine and dxm. I would just do that breathing thing where you inhale fast through nose all the way, let out 25%, fast inhale nose again all the way (you get another full inhale), then slowly exhale out your mouth. I'd also probably rub my dingus til milk came out.

I think you're supposed to leave a two week gap in between anti-rascal medicine and dxm. I would just do that breathing thing where you inhale fast through nose all the way, let out 25%, fast inhale nose again all the way (you get another full inhale), then slowly exhale out your mouth. I'd also probably rub my dingus til milk came out.
:oops::oops:
Can u get pregabalin/lyrica
No I cannot get pregabalin or lyrica and yes lopes is an extremely long withdrawal. I don't even feel symptoms until maybe two days after quitting. I'm not suffering now because I gave up again on day four. I feel absolutely great and I'm functioning well. But I'm a jackass for depending on this despicable substance. On one of these Bluelight forums I read that memantine helps with opioid withdrawal, and it sounded credible. But I may not be able to get it now thanks to the nanny state. Any day now they will ban online sales of larger quantities of loperamide. Rehab is not an option, I might be able to take a few sick days from work. But the drug is so diabolical, I have no idea how long it will take me to get my head right again.
I'm going back to the drawing board.

Sounds like some of Trump's word salad.

:oops::oops:

No I cannot get pregabalin or lyrica and yes lopes is an extremely long withdrawal. I don't even feel symptoms until maybe two days after quitting. I'm not suffering now because I gave up again on day four. I feel absolutely great and I'm functioning well. But I'm a jackass for depending on this despicable substance. On one of these Bluelight forums I read that memantine helps with opioid withdrawal, and it sounded credible. But I may not be able to get it now thanks to the nanny state. Any day now they will ban online sales of larger quantities of loperamide. Rehab is not an option, I might be able to take a few sick days from work. But the drug is so diabolical, I have no idea how long it will take me to get my head right again.
I'm going back to the drawing board.
Then I can only give advice that works for me pregabalin be no good because lipe like pods a month wd before your ok u be addicted to pregabalin it only good with short acting opiate wd where in an out within a week 10 days but with lope you be left after a month with a pregabalin wd which is much worse.
Do what I do when I been on both herion and pods . Taper the lope slowly and when down really low jump of with a few only few benzos to help at the hardest times .

Then I can only give advice that works for me pregabalin be no good because lipe like pods a month wd before your ok u be addicted to pregabalin it only good with short acting opiate wd where in an out within a week 10 days but with lope you be left after a month with a pregabalin wd which is much worse.
Do what I do when I been on both herion and pods . Taper the lope slowly and when down really low jump of with a few only few benzos to help at the hardest times .

I think I can do that but with a barbiturate; I can't get benzos. First I have to wash out a couple other rx's that will interact with it. Still thinking it through.

I’m looking for advice and support with quitting loperamide. I started using them again in July last year after a little hydrocodone spree. I had been addicted to loperamide before, but I got free by tapering. So that is what I tried to do again. Yesterday was day four of no lopes, but I was so incredibly sick I gave in and took 16 of them. Sixteen again this morning. I had planned this time to get memantine to help with withdrawal, but Inhouse is out of stock, and the expected restock date keeps moving a few days more into the future every time I look at the website. I suppose they are having trouble with the FDA or some “authority.” I have clonidine but I can’t take it because I’m on a tricyclic for depression. At this point I’m thinking about stopping the tricyclic temporarily and using the clonidine plus dxm to help through the hellish detox. What should I do? Or what should I not do?:sick:
What country are you in?

The things that have helped me during 90-120mg Oxymorphone intranasal per day binges for 2 weeks were butalbital, which is a barbiturate(be careful), it comes in the drug Fioricet which has butalbital, acetaminophen, and caffeine. Lots of amphétamine, like Adderall or Zenzedi. Gabapentin or pregabalin. DXM can help, but I rarely used it. Of course kratom would help a ton. Obviously cannabis helps. And I used loperamide, but that’s obviously not helpful for you. So thats butalbital, amphétamine, gabapentin, DXM, kratom, and cannabis.

Just out of curiosity because I can’t even begin to imagine the constipation that taking 16mg a dose of loperamide would cause. What do you have to do to limit the constipation?

I have used fiorocet and members of my family did, the pheniparbital( mis) is in low quantities was non schedule but ferinol( mis) was for some odd reason. Watch out the acetaminophen can kill livers, trust me to much and you will kill your liver. It did to a family member who abused it.

Turns out I also have an infected root canal which was affecting me at the same time I was trying to detox. That explains why it seemed the tapering off lopers was not working. So I cannot say which part of that hell was withdrawal, and which was the evil bacteria. I was flat on my back for two days; it's the sickest I've ever been. So now I'm on antibiotics which have helped some, but I'm nowhere near back to okay. The clonidine have been quite helpful though in calming the teeth chattering and whole body shakes. The barbs were the wrong kind. didn't help at all. In a couple weeks I'm going to have more Norcos, hopefully in time for the root canal surgery. We'll see if I have sense to go easy.

Ive been rapidly tapering Loperamide while taking Kratom.

I was taking 140mg+ and tried to quit CT with the help of only Clonidine and made it 5 days before I couldn't take it then started again, took another 2 days to start feeling ok again. But I was able to lower the dose down to 70mg daily.

I want to say because the kratom, 2g doses 4-5 times a day ive lowered the dose down to only 30mg today with only having sleeping issues. I also have Gabapentin I take at night to help sleep along with the Clonidine, sometimes it doesnt seem to help im tossing and turning but not really in withdrawals, no rls feeling. Ill get up and take some Kratom and it usually does the trick.

I did just get a script for Wellbutrin to help deal with this sadness i seem to have now, just started it Friday so not sure its even doing anything yet.

I was able to stop the Loperamide around 11 days ago. Tapering down rapidly was actually easy with the Kratom and Gabapentin. Worst things were insomnia and depression. Now I'm tapering down the Kratom. Just got another script of Clonidine to take if needed to help wit that.