Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Loperamide + Tagamet (Cimetidine)

BP88

Greenlighter
Okay, I know this is a pretty touchy subject within the opiate community and there's a lot of people who doubt the benefits of loperamide. This is a trip report, not a debate thread. If you're skeptical try it and see for yourself before you pass judgement. Be aware that each persons body is different and will require different dosages of loperamide to achieve certain effects - some people say they get no relief or effects at all. The doses you will read are appropriate for MY personal drug tolerance. Please ensure that you dose for YOUR own tolerance accordingly.

BACKGROUND:

I have been taking loperamide for almost 2 years whenever I run out of my monthly script of MSIR that's prescribed to me for chronic back pain. Believe it or not, I'm not your typical junkie who began using drugs at a young age to cope; I was always a "good boy" until I began experiencing the nightmare known as chronic pain. I hope none of you ever have to experience it if you aren't already; it'll flip your world upside-down.

If I take around 70 tablets of loperamide it DOES stop all of MY withdrawals for roughly 20 hours and even gives me a decent albeit "dirty" buzz that lasts several hours. Contrary to popular belief it does NOT constipate ME for an eternity. It takes roughly 1-2 hours for the loperamide to take effect in me. I have been taking opiates almost every day for 4 years.

I am 23-years-old, 5'8" and 140lbs. I am a part-time college student and construction worker.

As of now MY tolerance is moderate/moderate-high; your results may vary depending on YOUR tolerance! BE SAFE! START SMALL!

REPORT:

Tagamet tablets (200mg per tab)... 1g (5 tabs) ORAL

Loperamide tablets (2mg per tab)... 160mg (80 tabs) ORAL

Tonight around 3am I arrived at WalMart to pick up soda. While there I thought about picking up some Tagamet to do some experimenting. I found the generics going for around $5 for 60 tablets. The brand name Tagamet was priced about $8 for 30 tablets.

3:15am - Took 1g (5 tabs) of Tagamet in my truck before leaving the WalMart parking lot. Feeling optimistic about it, but not expecting anything major.

3:30am - Decided to bake a mini pizza and eat before dosing the loperamide. Most people say to wait 45 minutes to 1 hour before taking the loperamide for best results.

4:15am - Dosed 80mg (40 tabs) of loperamide after finishing the pizza. Remember to dose according to YOUR tolerance!

5:15am - Feeling the same as before; nothing worth writing about.

6:15am - Took an additional 80mg (40 tabs) to see if it'd get me anywhere. This is what I normally take on a daily basis to stave off withdrawals in order to function at work. Sounds crazy but it's more common than you think, and you can become dependent on loperamide; I experience horrible withdrawals roughly 24 hours after dosing. Remember to dose according to YOUR tolerance!

7:00am - Posted conclusion. Nothing out of the ordinary occurred.

CONCLUSION:

I didn't experience anything out of the ordinary. Maybe I would've felt something more had I taken more than one inhibitor such as grapefruit or quinine. And just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean that it won't work someone else, but I wouldn't count on it. My advice is to use loperamide only for staving off withdrawals so you can function. If anything happens after the posting of this thread I will come back and let you know.

Thanks for reading and most of all Stay safe!

I didn't notice anything significant other than the effects lasting a little bit longer. It could've been placebo, though.