• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Loperamide recreational(?) effects

klonopioid

Greenlighter
About 2 hours ago I took 96mg of loperamide (imodium) and didn't expect to get much out of it based off what I read. (Keep in mind: I am very small- only 97lbs). I also took my prescribed dose of .5mg clonazepam a few hours before this, but I do not believe it affected the experience at all.
After 30 minutes or so after ingestion I began to feel very strong tightness in my shoulders and neck, and a strange tension in my head. This went away with time, though. My breathing is very, very slow, and I have a general sense of relaxation & a weird jelly feeling in my limbs. No notable physical euphoria like with other opiates, but warmth and an improved mood certainly. I'm actually nodding very hard, surprisingly. Just laying in the dark listening to calming music, I find myself nodding off quite frequently. It took quite a bit of effort to log in & type this up, but I hope it gives some insight on the effects of this underrated opioid.
So, if you're thinking of doing this, I recommend taking a bit of a lower dose than I did. Probably 50-60mg would be sufficient. There is some nausea involved, much like other opiates, but more pronounced I'd say. A small dose of an antihistamine or any nausea med should do the trick.
The peak seems to be about 3 hours after ingestion.
This is still an irresponsible thing to do, but if you're going to do it, be cautious. I don't know about the long-term constipation as I am still under the influence of this medication. Hopefully it won't be too much worse than normal opiates.
Overall, this reminds me most of insufflated hydromorphone. The overwhelming nod, sedation, and nausea. It also gives that familiar opiate itch and extreme cotton mouth (the worst I've ever had). No analgesic properties though. And an inability to fall asleep even through the continuous nodding. My pupils were also very constricted and glassy, like they would be on other opiates
This could definitely be a very nice noddy sedated experience if I dosed lower. The effects were much like after a heroin rush and the strong euphoria subsides.

Last edited:
Update: It's currently 1:24pm (about 12 hours since my first dose) and I'm still nodding very very frequently and cannot sit or stand up without nausea. I wonder how long these effects will last.

I suggest to take a lower dose next time.
Be careful with loperamide, there are a lot of health risks involved with mega-doses.