• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Loperamide for kratom withdrawal.

DementiaSavantPlus

Bluelighter
I believe this is suitable for the Basic Drug forum, but please move it if this is not the case.

I am 7 days from my last dose of kratom. I was taking about 30g per day for about a month to aid in benzo withdrawal, including a quick taper at the end.

I have read through a lot of info on loperamide, but am seeking answers pertaining to the specificity of my situation: I started using it on day 3 of the kratom withdrawal and have taken 96 mg over a 4 day period (starting with 30 mg and lowering the amount each time I dosed).

Some of the kratom withdrawal had already subsided when I started the loperamide and it did help the symptoms. Overall I only experienced a portion of the spectrum of opiate withdrawals that I have with the discontinuation of other drugs like oxycodone and hydrocodone. Gooseflesh and a confused body temperature/muscle aches were the most prominent symptoms.

Should I expect withdrawal symptoms to return sometime after my last 6 mg dose of loperamide? Acute kratom withdrawal commonly lasts for about a week according to anecdotal evidence I have read, but I am wondering if loperamide will simply put off the remainder of the withdrawal until it has cleared out of my system.

Is the amount of loperamide that I took within 4 days enough to cause its own withdrawal syndrome?

Thank you.

On my tablet, can't type but will give a more concise answer when I get home. Kratom and Loperamide are both Opioids, so using one in place of the other can be counterproductive to your goal.

This isn't fact, but I have a strong belief that Loperamide use causes a disproportionate amount of increased tolerance, as in it can raise your tolerance significantly despite the fact that you're only getting some symptom relief.

My point is, use it sparingly. Loperamide can be a very useful tool in tight spots, but due to its potential to cause harm to the hear and to induce tolerance, it should be saved for emergencies.

Thank you, Keif'
I don't intend on using anymore loperamide, mainly because of the cardiovascular issues you mentioned. I also don't plan on using kratom or any other opiates, so tolerance management is not a factor for me. I am just wondering about what to anticipate when everything has cleared out of my system, and whether or not the kratom withdrawals are only prolonged due to amount of loperamide I took. It is difficult for me to gauge because my dose was somewhere between the low and high ends of what is commonly used. It seems like the most serious complications occur with those who consume 100-200 mg daily for months, according to what I've read.

DSP: At 4 days using 30mg or less of loperamide you should walk away without any symptoms as lope has a long half life that lends to its natural taper. If you continue using it you might start to develop the withdrawal syndrome that is seen in long term users but to a lesser degree upon discontinuation. Best to leave it to emergencies as Keif stated. You mentioned the Kratom W/D's were over as well so no better time than now to drop the both of them.