• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide experience, pleasantly surprised!

Rcblackout

Greenlighter
I haven't made many posts so if this is the wrong forum I'm sorry, I didn't see anywhere specific to post it.

Here's a little background: I used to like to party (extremely occaisionally) with coke and pain killers for fun. When I got serious about my career which was at the age of 20, so I gave it up. When I had to go back to college, I decided to party it up. Pills were not really available or affordable so I decided to try dope. It took about 2 weeks and I was dependent. That lasted a couple years.

After being completely clean for 2 years, I injured my back and it was crippling. Fear kept me from pain killers but after a couple months I just couldn't live with the pain. After a year of them (taking as prescribed) I noticed the familiar withdrawal when I didn't take them. For fear of worsening dependency, I started taking kratom everyday.

Fully ready to tell my doc to take me off of the percocet, I tossed them away like an idiot. Then I ran out of kratom, and holy God it was worse than the percocet! (Nothing compared to heroin of course) Gabapentin and klonopin, my go-to, did next to nothing.

My dog has pancreatitis and I can't afford not to take care of him at 100% so it lead me to try loperamide until my kratom gets here.

So, 36mg lope, 1 chewed esomeprazole 24hr, and 400mgs cimetidine. I was expecting symptoms to lessen, but most certainly expecting nothing else.

So 45min later, withdrawal symptoms are gone. Then at 1hr, something very unexpected; that warm feeling opioids tend to bring. Not quite as pronounced nor energetic like usual, but certainly there, and pleasant. No heavy body load. An energy drink later and I am up for full doggy-care.

I've read all the scary stuff about the dangers of too much loperamide plus this isn't enough to really make me think, "ya, let's get high on lope!" But in a future pinch like this? It's great to know the option is there. I'll also be giving up kratom as soon as I see my doc again.

Quite frankly, when all the procedures on my back are finished and I'm healthy again, I will be happy to have my doc wean me off the percocet and leave it behind, and take gabapentin for a couple days thereafter if needed. I can't stand the idea of NEEDING anything everyday. I will be no one and no thing's slave ever again.

And guys, please don't tell me ill never crap again. I mean seriously every opiate on the planet acts on bowel receptors so it's no different, loperamide is just marketed for diarrhea.

And placebo effect requires expectation, which I had none. Therefore, no endorphin rush. I agree with mind over matter, but no, the warm fuzzy from opiates is only provided by opiates.

I just wanted to share an experience in the hopes of helping anyone who may find themselves needing it.

Loperamide is toxic.
Your probably better off using the normal gang of painkillers
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/863232
Also, refer to the "Case of the frozen addicts"
Hell of an interesting read.

Just for shits and giggles, i gave it a try myself. Only previous exp with lope was for opiate WD's and treating diarrhea. I got some effect out of it but, its kind of like the negative side of opiates without any of the enjoyable high... Meh... Kratom is OTC, much better IMO.

Last edited:
^ the case of the frozen addicts is interesting but did not involve loperamide that was someone who synthesized a legal opiate incorrectly. Chronic heavy loperamide use will eventually cause long qt syndrome and can shut down your heart. Loperamide in low doses is a convenient quick remedy for opiate withdrawal and that's all it should be.

I've heard taking a proton pump inhibitor and quinine with the loperamide on an empty stomach will help it cross the BBB immensely but this isn't something I want to experiment with personally.

36mg of loperamide for someone who is dependent on opioids shouldn't be particularly dangerous or harmful. Some people seem more sensitive to the opioid agonist effects of loperamide, so consider yourself lucky OP. It would take multiples of that dose to approach opioid like subjective effects, and those are more the doses where it gets potentially dangerous.

Loperamide is toxic.
Your probably better off using the normal gang of painkillers
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/863232
Also, refer to the "Case of the frozen addicts"
Hell of an interesting read.

Just for shits and giggles, i gave it a try myself. Only previous exp with lope was for opiate WD's and treating diarrhea. I got some effect out of it but, its kind of like the negative side of opiates without any of the enjoyable high... Meh... Kratom is OTC, much better IMO.

Yea like i said it's definitely not compelling enough to ever make me want to do it for fun. I was just pleasantly surprised that it had any effect like that at all. Kratom is MUCH better! The local headshops rape you though (and thats generously assuming they even have a brand worth buying at all) so when I'm out and stuck waiting for it to arrive, not sick + a little buzz is certainly preferable to hugging my toilet