• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide & Benadryl vs Opiates(Hydromorphone/Dilaudid) Withdrawals

Benzopiates

Bluelighter
Hi guys, I've been using quite alot of hydromorphone lately, What pisses me off the most is I can't seem to be able to stop even tho everyone is telling me my dosing is very low.

At the moment I'm using around 8 to 16mg per day, Injected from pills of course.... I normally inject from 2 to 6mg per shot, from the brand name Dilaudid who produce the diamond shaped white pills with a cutted 8 on one side and 2 diamonds seperated by a | line on the other side.

Info : http://www.drugs.com/imprints/8-logo-logo-2428.html
Image Side A: http://images.ddccdn.com/images/pills/mmx/t100086f/dilaudid.jpg
Image Side B: http://images.ddccdn.com/images/pills/mmx/t100086b/dilaudid.jpg

Of course, I cut the pills to be able to make 2mg shots, I cut it in 2 directly in the center, then I cut each part in 3, I assume it makes each "chunk" around 1.25mg ~ 1.40mg (7.50mg ~ 8.25mg)

I tried to stop 2 times so far, I've been going in meetings, I've been reading on it etc. The first time i "stopped" was because I was out of dilaudid and I had no source to fill me up. It lasted around 10 days, it was hard but not THAT bad because at that time I was consuming alot less. The second time I tried to stop I lasted for 2 days then the withdrawals were really too hard and what really made me consume was when I went in a frenzy mode where I had 7 blankets on top of me, a bag of heat on my feets and a hot towel on my forehead and I was freezing like if I was naked outside in the snow and I couldn't stop shaking. It stopped around 25 seconds after I injected myself even if that was hard by itself to do ... Imagine the pain...

Ive recently tried using Loperamide, I used like 10 capsules before to go to sleep 5 days ago, and I slept very well that night, then I used another 10 capsules on the next day, I didn't really feel much better from the withdrawals, as I was still using but alot less, but when I wake up I always try to not take a shot, and I've never been able to do it, the morning is the hardest :| But that time, I had my shot prepared and all, because I prep it before to go to sleep, all I need to do in the morning is strap myself up and inject but that very morning I felt like I could have not consumed it... at least not right now, and its been days since I took the lope. This morning I also felt like I could not take it, But I hadn't a shot prepared, even I had to go get a syringe cuz I had none left, and of course it felt horrible, I was almost crying, not like crying emotionally but just tears running down and me snorting whats going down back up my nose and the eyes blurry etc. After I brough the needle back home I shot myself up and all was good.

Is it possible the lope is still acting this far away from when I used it? It's been almost a week.

I know the next 2-3 days my tolerance was fucked up :(

I'd like more info on how it works, how many should I take based on my experiences and how long till it will affect me, and in what way.

I bough 10x 8mg from a Montreal dealer (I really hate having to drive 35km all the way there to just get this shit I need ... I'd really prefer to have one more like near where I live, but life is shitty and so is this situation, 14$ + 4h of my time when I have to go by common transports and 2 hours + 10$ Gaz when I have to go by car, I'd MUCH more prefer to find nearer to Laval or closer to Ste-Therese but atm theres nothing I can do and this isn't really relevant to the thread just expressing my anger and it's calmiing me)

So atm I have 9x 8mg left, and I'd like to try to not have to need more when i'm done... This is my goal...

How do you suggect I go through with it? I got loperamide for the withdrawals and even benadryl to help with the side effects.

And I also wanted to know what kind of relief I could get from benadryl ... I use 3x pills of 2mg(I think its 2mg, its the generic type) and I'm not sure if it has any good effect, should I take more, less?

Any help is appreciated, thanks for your time reading my story

I congratulate you for trying to stop. It's gonna get harder before it gets easier, but always remind yourself during w/d that it's only temporary, but the relief from your addiction will be permanent.

Loperamide helps with the runs and a lot of peripheral effects of w/d, because it is an opiate itself that doesn't bind to opiate receptors in the brain (only the intestine). Benadryl won't offer you much relief, in all honesty, except for sleep. It'll mildy help with any insomnia. And benadryl is usually in 25 mg tablets (at least in the USA). You can take 50-75 mg at night to help sleep, but don't go overboard with the medicine. At high doses benadryl is a deliriant; deliriants are really uncomfortable when you're not in w/d, and I can only imagine if you're going through w/d and start tripping on benadryl, it'll be the worst experience of your life. (I'm talking about doses in the 500-600 mg range. Although this sounds ridiculously high, I know when I am frsutrated and can't sleep I'll keep on taking more and more, but don't do this. I once took about 300 mg and even that had me very, very comfortable)

You can get through this. It's easier to stop now when your addiction isn't super bad; the more you take and the longer you use, the harder it's gonna be to adjust.

Also, I'd go to your doctor and be completely honest with them. Tell them you're trying to quit opiates and ask for some clonidine (it can't be abused so I imagine any doctor will give you it). If you're lucky they may even give you a small script for some benzos to help with the sleep/restless legs. Always stay hydrated and force yourself to eat during w/ds; take multivitamins and try to exercise. The better you feel physically, the easier the w/d will be and the more likely you'll be successful. I wish you the best

it doesnt sound like youre ready to quit yet. i think you may need some more time and experience. you can only quit when you want to, not when others tell you to.

Also, don't skimp on the lope, depending on the size of your habit it can nearly eliminate all WD symptoms if taken in large doses. Even if it doesn't really cross the BBB, a minute amount will, or at least all the other receptors in the body are susceptible.

The only downside is the long time it takes to get full effects, maybe 2 - 3 hours, but it'll also last a whole day (at least for me). Don't worry about the constipation, it's not worse than when on a proper binge with other opiates. Some people may get stomach aches, but I find those a fair trade for WD relief.

Start with 30mg, redose if necessary after 3 hours until you find the sweet spot and you feel you get enough relief. You can then easily taper down from there, just take 5 mg less than the day before and the discomfort will be bearable. Hell, I was even able to work, nothing apart from sneezing and yawning a bit as well as the typical amotivation, lope really is OTC methadone.

Good luck OP, you can do it.

Altho I really appreciate the feedback and comments, you didn't really answer the question.

About the Benadryl, I'm taking 2-3 caplets (If you say they are usually 25mg that means 50-75mg, so it's nowhere near the 300)
And I was more worrying about the itching that using the actual hydromorphone is causing.

And about the Immodium(Loperamide) I'm takling 8 to 10 caplets, so I'd have to increase my dose to 14-16 caplets, hmmm, it's already hard to gulp them down, I take 2 at a time, they are quite big pills to take, seemably to a 500 mg acetaminophen pill, do you have any trick to eat 15 caplets with ease ??? I find it pretty hard to take that many orally with water...

And how come I'm feeling "ease" from Lope 2 days after taking it? Maybe it stayed in my system somehow... The hydromorphone makes me unable to go to the toilet but for the other end, I cannot PEE... I'm not constipated at all, all goes well this way, its the other way that's completely blocked... they even got me to the hospital because I broke something in my thoracix cage "pushing" too hard to get the pee to come out... (THAT IS SAD....)

Do I have to take Lope before to go to sleep if my last dose is that night, or do I have to take lope at the time i'd normally take a dose of hydromorphone (to compensate) ?

And PS: Thanks so much for the encouragements

Urinary retention is a common side effect of opiates. I've had catheters inserted into my urethra in the past due to this problem, but that was after a pretty bad methadone overdose..still, I feel your pain in that regard.

I've never used loperamide for withdrawal myself as I've always had suboxone or methadone available to me, but from what I hear, it is normal for it to ward off withdrawals for one to two days. According to the Wikipedia page, loperamide has a half life of 10-14 hours, which is pretty long compared to most other opioids (buprenorphine and methadone being exceptions). Loperamide is also a very potent opioid, and some members on this site have even claimed that at high dosages, it blocks the effects of other opiates, though whether this is due to a high affinity towards opiate receptors (like buprenorphine), or merely an issue of tolerance (similar to the methadone "blocking" effect) is not known.

As for when you should dose the loperamide..I personally would use consume it a couple hours before I'd expect to go into withdrawal, so that when the time comes, it will have already started to kick in.

Also, me more thing I wanted to say, for the sake of harm reduction. Unless you are using bacteriostatic water for your dilaudid solutions, along with a micron filter, it is not a wise idea to prep shots before bed and then use them in the morning, as bacteria can grow in the syringe over night, which is not something you want.. Take it from someone who knows.

Ye I just wanted to add that I AM using bacteriostatic water that is why, its getting late here for someoen who woke up at 6 am, I'll reply more properly tomorrow

And about the Immodium(Loperamide) I'm takling 8 to 10 caplets, so I'd have to increase my dose to 14-16 caplets, hmmm, it's already hard to gulp them down, I take 2 at a time, they are quite big pills to take, seemably to a 500 mg acetaminophen pill, do you have any trick to eat 15 caplets with ease ??? I find it pretty hard to take that many orally with water...

And how come I'm feeling "ease" from Lope 2 days after taking it

I don't know what brand you're buying, but the generic loperamide pills are really small, way smaller than a 500mg aspirin. After all they only contain 2mg a piece, so you should be able to get some without as many binders and stuff, then you can literally take a handful at once :)

The long relief comes from the long half life, as the poster above explained. It'll build up in your body, so even after stopping completely you'll only gradually experience some very mild symptoms.

Strange thing about lope also is that it's the only opiate that actually makes me want to piss more often, everything else puts a big fuck stopper in the tube. Nothing like having to piss and ending up sitting on the toilet for half a night because you keep nodding out all the time but can't lie down because your bladder is killing you.

Edit: I just noticed you're taking Immodium. It's way overpriced, generic lope costs a fraction. Big pharma and a huge marketing budget did their usual thing.

Last edited:
Just a quick reply... you've learned the hard what what I've already learned for myself. Loperamide is MUCH like suboxone, in that if you try and stack a different opiate/agonist on top of it, you go into precipitated Loperamide withdrawals. I'm actually addicted to Loperamide, I take roughly 150x 2mg pills daily. If I try and take ANY form of opiate on top of the Loperamide, I go into withdrawals. It fucking sucks. I even waited 2 days one time, after my last Immodium dose, and then I consumed 80mg of hydrocodone... and I sent me into a MISERABLE withdrawal, that I had to simply sleep off. Once I awoke in the morning, all was well, and I re-took my standard Loperamide dose. So, as far as getting clean... Loperamide is a GOD send. As far as getting high... It's a COMPLETE cock-block. I'd wait at least 3 days after your last Loperamide dose before trying to get high on Dilaudid.

Research kratom and buy lots of it! Low doses of dxm like 100 Mg also works wonders.

Needing some help please...

I am new to this whole blogging thing...so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong spot and whatever else I am doing wrong.

Question... Friend is allergic to Niacin (he has had reactions before but like any other allergy it has gotten worse each time). The meth in this town has been cut with large amounts of niacin lately. Well, he did an issue of meth and it was pretty much all shake...the end of his baggie and he puffed up like a blow fish.

He has taken approx 150mg of liquid Diphenydramine and 10 puffs of an inhaler for asthma. His breathing has gotten a little easier for him but his eyes, lips, ears...lets just say his entire head all still swollen.

He refuses to go to the hospital and I am watching over him the best I can. Is there a way to inject over the counter Benadry in either pill or liquid form??? I would appreciate any help with this issue. Thank you.

Hello,

I've been reading information about using Loperamide as a way to help with withdrawal symptoms. I'm not on a lot of medicine and have never really taken a lot. It's just Tramadol (50mg about 4 time a day). But I've been on it a while and I remember the last time I was on it for a lengthy period I experienced some withdrawal symptoms. Nothing too, too crazy but I was wondering if anyone has used Loperamide for Tramadol withdrawal? And, how did it work for you? From what I've read it seems like it's worth trying. I will be stopping my meds this Sunday night.

Thanks so much,
Troy

Loperamide used to withdraw from Opiates:

To start I know there are a ton of forums on the web pertaining to the use of Imodium (Loperamide) to ease the symptoms of opiate withdrawal. So I am giving it a shot and will keep you updated as the journey begins. I started my love affair with opiates at about 13 so, on and off for the past forty years, I have put myself in the predicament of attempting to stop using them. I will say I had been totally clean from all substances for 12 years in between. I really mean “totally” clean!
About November 2012 I suffered a bad asthma attack and developed a severe pain in my gall bladder, I turned yellow and got jaundice. I was starved for three days at the hospital and survived that attack but was on .5mg every three hours of dilaudid for the week and a half I was in there for the gall bladder pain. I was given a script for Percocet upon being released. I knew from past experience this could become a nightmare, and it has. Since that first script, I quickly was up to at least 100mg of oxycodone/day, alternating every two weeks from the oxy’s .5mg, to Perc’s 5/325, to Tramadol 50mg, and can still get scripts from my Dr. to this day for all three. I am tired of running out, and I wanted to be completely off the drugs! So, I started to research OTC meds to help with the withdrawal. Loperamide kept popping up so I kept digging and reading the many blogs referring to the use (and abuse) of this diarrhea medicine to get past those horrible 3-5 days of misery. I began yesterday taking my last tramadol 2x50mg at around 11am. So, today is the first full 24 hrs of not medicating with an opiate or synthetic opiate. I took 10x2mg of lope’s at 10pm last night, and another 8x2mg around 7am this morning. It takes roughly 4-5 hours for the Lopes to take full effect and are supposed to last quite a while. I am yet to feel any of the usual symptoms of w/d and slept from about 1:30am until about 5:30am. I was up watching the World Series game one, which is why I was up. So far, so good! I don’t know what the w/d will be from the lopes but, it has to be better than what I go through from the opiates, I’ll keep you posted.
I recommend keeping yourself very hydrated as this medication will dry you out like nothing you’ve ever experienced. I am also taking a One-A-Day mens supplement, and Benadryl to help with sleep. OTC sleep aids are also a good idea; I am using Advil PM at the regular recommended dose, along with normal recommended doses of Advil for any aches I may feel. This could be the best kept secret of the opiate world to date. Although now, there is quite a bit of info out there, I hadn’t heard about it until recently.

So far, I have not felt any w/d symptoms and will update as necessary. :)Kayo

Last edited:
Day Two 5am to 2pm:

Started feeling the RLS last night pretty heavy, and very anxious this morning, can’t seem to sit still. I also am pretty shaky and spilled my coffee (decaf) a half dozen times trying to get it to my mouth. I dosed myself with 4x2mg of Loperamide at 5am, and am amazed that this is working. I have done this before w/o the Lopes so, I am feeling pretty confident so far. Very dehydrated and am drinking a ton of water, and kool-aid, ran out of Gatorade. I am still taking the one-a-day mens multi-vitamin, w/Benadryl, zofran (for the nausea), and advil PM’s (to help stay drowsy). Yesterday I tried to add alka-seltzer cold and sinus to add to the Benadryl, and Advil PM’s but this made me a little more jumpy and brought back a little of the skin crawling, won’t do that again. I know they say the lopes have a decent half life but, I don’t actually know what that means time-wise. Trying to stay busy, walked my dog, watched a few movies, surfed the net for other info on this subject. Anyway, time seems to be going very, very slow. From past experience, this is normal, and I have to stop concentrating on how long it’s been, and stay focused on anything else.

Hi, just an FYI-- Benadryl is known to make restless leg syndrome worse for a lot of people when they are in wd. So being you are experiencing RLS I would stop the Benadryl and see if that makes your restless legs improve. ( this includes not taking meds such as Tylenol PM or Advil PM that list diphenhydramine as an ingredient. That's the generic name for Benadryl)

Other than that I wish you well! Hang tough

Oh and the half life for loperamide is about 12-14 hours

Bentyl 10mg every 4-6 hours for abdominal pain, cramping

Clonidine .1mg for cold flashes and creepy crawlies

Promethazine 25mg every 6-8 hours for vomiting

Zofran 8mg every 4-6 hours also for vomiting

Gabapentin 300mg For Restlessness cramping and legs

Seroquel 50mg 1-4 pills a night for sleep

Requip .5mg every night for restless leg syndrome

Kratom 3-7 grams 2-3 xs a day which relieves opiate withdraw a lot. Taper off after a week or two or body will become addicted to also

Dominate can be bought on armonadibi.com it helps with energy and boosting testosterone levels which opiates kill.