• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Looking to switch from IR Percocet 20mg/day to an ER med of roughly the same strength

Speed King

Bluelighter
As some of you know, I am prescribed Oxycodone 5/325, 4 times a day, equaling 20mg/day.
I always run out early, going from 4 pills a day(20mg) to 1, 5/325 a day, usually for up to 15 days. In other words, my usage has gone up by using IR medication. My brain doesn't seem to function the same as other people's. Don't get me wrong, the 5/325 once every six hours can work, it just seems to lack the smooth flow of an ER. This is one guy I just cannot seem to read. He has me confused to the point where I don't want to open my mouth, being afraid he's going to pull something. I can get a list of every pill I've taken for pain in the last 6 months. I would prefer an ER that's the equivalent of at least Oxycodone 10/325 but ER version that lasts 12 hours. Tecnically, that's raising the dosage, but if I only need twice a day, it just might work. 30mg morphine ER, twice a day, would work also. Any possible suggestions, or is this guys only idea, taking me off opiates. I mean fuck, he cold turkied me off a total of 20mg Oxymorphone a day. I'll admit. I took like 50 Percocet 5/325's in two days when I quit the Oxymorphone out of anxiety, fear, panic, but I had three days of extra anxiety, but a shockingly easy, painless withdrawal. The doctor is aware of this. So, I'm not sure which way to go. Would a 10mg ER, twice daily work, possibly better then 4 Percocet, 5/325? All suggestions , answers appreciated. Thanks Bluelight family.

Methadone is actually an excellent choice for managing pain and it will definitely be easier to dose only two or three times each pay. Otherwise why don't just change from IR oxycodone to ER oxycodone (like OxyContin)?

I would suggest either 15 or 20mg Oxycontin rather than 10mg twice daily. The 10mg Oxycontin is not really effective on its own unless you are elderly.

And methadone is too erratic in its behavior to suggest it unless all else fails. It isnt long acting (in regards to analgesia), has large interpatient variability, and more side effects.

Thank you Kittycat5. Is the 15 or 20mg OxyContin a 12 hour medication to be dosed twice a day. Would 20mg OxyContin twice s day equal 40mg total. I think that's cool, but he might see it as doubling the dose. Or would that be more like 20mg over 24 hours?