• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Looking for the fastest way too taper off Oxycodone

Flyinghobbit

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight,

I currently take 100-160mg oxycodone daily, and have been doing that for almost 2,5 year now. I've tried a subuxone film taper plan before, but the subuxone didnt help with withdrawals.. My doctor at the recovery facility, said i was one of few, who couldnt get use it for withdrawals sadly. But yeah, it sucks to be a addict, and i've heard from a friend, that i could do a "quick" taper plan with Methadone orally 15mg daily once a day, and then taper down 5mg/2-3day. And then in maybe 5-7 days, and then the withdrawals wouldnt be that hard as stopping at 100-160mg oxycodone from one day to another. And last time i tried detox from 100-160mg oxycodone, after 4-5 days my anxiety bursted and went on for whole 2 weeks, without any change. So i sadly relapsed.... But my question is, can i do a "quick" methadone orally taper from my oxycodone and how? Im really desperate for a change in my life, and the doctors wont give me methadone because they only will prescribe it for heroin use...... Please help, and remeber the subuxone just isnt a option and i feel methadone is kinda the last chance for me too change..

So my question is, can i do the quick methadone taper? And is this plan OK? Ive never tried methadone either. And if ur convinced that i cant do it in 7 days, so please give me a advice for the fastest taper u know work =)

- Other methods are welcome!! I can pretty much get hold of most medicins.

My friend got me this plan for taper. At 22:00 on last day of oxy i do following every day at 22:00.

1-3 day: 20mg methadone orally.
4-6 day: 15mg -//-
7-9 day: 10mg -//-
10-12 day: 5mg -//-
day 13: 2,5mg if i have enough left.

day 13 (14): then its detox and hoping for a better detox than i had on a 160mg oxy last try.

- Does this sound reasonable? Feel free to reply your opnions

English is not my first langauge, so be patient reading =)

Last edited:
Damn. I don't understand why subs didn't take away wd's. I preferred methodone way more than subs, but my Dr. wouldn't prescribe it for me. I had to figure it out as withdrawals were not an option for me. I wanted Methadone so I could continue my high doses of oxy which won't work with subs. Fast forward a couple years, I understand subs better now.
Were you allergic to subs, or perhaps were not inducted correctly?

Damn. I don't understand why subs didn't take away wd's. I preferred methodone way more than subs, but my Dr. wouldn't prescribe it for me. I had to figure it out as withdrawals were not an option for me. I wanted Methadone so I could continue my high doses of oxy which won't work with subs. Fast forward a couple years, I understand subs better now.
Were you allergic to subs, or perhaps were not inducted correctly?

My doctor at the facility told me in rare cases, that some people just can't get the wanted effect of it (get rid off WD's). I was tired all the time and had symptoms of withdrawal, and it didnt help with lower/higher doses sadly. I was taking the subuxone as films trying it dissolve under my tounge, cheeks, gums, over the tounge and even tried putting it in my nose. But it never made me feel withdrawal free..... But because of the laws of the goverment, then aint im able to get methadone for treatment...... But can you give me any advice on doses of methadone, and how to taper off with it quick as possible.. And i promise, i wont hold you accountable if it goes "wrong" or didnt work. But i need some advice before trying this method. Im not a jump into it guy.... I like to know what im doing first.

It will make the withdrawal less painful and intense, however you will probably go into withdrawal before you stop taking the methadone. It will take the edge off, sure, but I wouldn't count on it being easy.

It can vary from person to person, so it may work great for you. I'd say give it a try, it looks ok to me if you want a less intense but a bit longer lasting withdrawal.

wouldn't it be better to just taper the oxy? the methadone withdrawal would last much longer, it would be a little hard to taper with oxy having a short half-life but possible. I don't think there is a quick and magic way to do this, it will require some time and patience. anyway good luck and don't give up even if after the last days you will feel some withdrawal, you can find plenty of useful stuff here on how to lessen the symptoms of withdrawal, tho you can't make the w/d disappear completly it still helps.

Just get out. No matter how. Easy path be damned. Doesn't matter now. You'll find a way to handle what may come. Just make sure it really is the way out once and for all.
Best wishes, sincerely.

Sound like you have large supply to oxy? Just taper off them ?
Go down 5% every two days jump off at 5 mgs

wouldn't it be better to just taper the oxy? the methadone withdrawal would last much longer, it would be a little hard to taper with oxy having a short half-life but possible. I don't think there is a quick and magic way to do this, it will require some time and patience. anyway good luck and don't give up even if after the last days you will feel some withdrawal, you can find plenty of useful stuff here on how to lessen the symptoms of withdrawal, tho you can't make the w/d disappear completly it still helps.

Was thinking the same. Is what I did. Was on easily 300mg a day. I just tapered myself down with the oxy, then when my dose was low enough I switched to codeine, DHC, and kratom. It wasn't fun but it was bearable and I was still functional during this time too. Supplementing the oxy taper with kratom really helped a lot.

Another issue is that 20mg of Methadone is no where near the equivalent of 100mg-160,mg say 130mg a day. It will barely take the edge off the oxy WD's. It took 30mg of methadone to stabilize me from 60mg of oxy a day. Do you have the option of a methadone clinic? or is this a one time street purchase?

A benefit of the clinic is only getting your daily dose no matter how badly you might be jonesing. It sets up structure, a new foundation and helps to rebuild will power. If it's not available my apologies.

I would aim higher than 20 and stretch it longer if possible as that's a very steep and rough slope. Dependence on methadone takes awhile to develop and you already have a heavy dependence on Oxy so I would either try to taper the best you can with oxy at a more gradual pace than last time..or see about getting more than just a few days worth of methadone. To work properly methadone has to buid up in your system for some time to reach it's peak effect and highest AUC, CMAX and NMDA antagonism that is a part of it's positive effects.