• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Looking for similar strains close to GMO

not2quick

Bluelighter
I love indica dominant strains but it seems they can definitely vary. I had a vape pen that was GMO and it was absolutely my favorite strain I've ever had. I love using it for sleep. I don't want to compare it to an opiate, but I swear it would feel like that warm opiate hug you'd get from a handful of percocet. Not euphoria wise just that heavy relaxed feeling.

Everytime I go to a dispensary they don't have GMO. Are there any strains you would recommend?

I love indica dominant strains but it seems they can definitely vary. I had a vape pen that was GMO and it was absolutely my favorite strain I've ever had. I love using it for sleep. I don't want to compare it to an opiate, but I swear it would feel like that warm opiate hug you'd get from a handful of percocet. Not euphoria wise just that heavy relaxed feeling.

Everytime I go to a dispensary they don't have GMO. Are there any strains you would recommend?

Bit of an older strain, but if you can get your hands on some Romulan, that is by far the most sedating, narcotic strain I've ever had. By FAR lol.

A friend of mine recently told me he finds Black Runtz to be almost benzo-like in it's hypnotic effect, it's an indica dom hybrid iirc.

Personally cannabis hasn;t really knocked me out since the first couple of years of using, and also identifying super-sedating strains is very difficult imo, as grow to grow / batch to batch.. the exact same strain can vary wildly in effect for sure

Oddly, I find homemade sativa (or hevily sat/dom) edibles to be the closest thing to super sedating for me. Sour Diesel and Strawberry Haze being two recent examples I've had. I find them to be intially uplifting and cerebral, then after 2 or 3 hours it turns to quite noticable sedation. So, if I eat an edible made with 0.2g flower (approx 40mg thc) at 8pm, I'll have an upbeat evening and be getting very chilled/sleepy 11pm ish / midnight. And I think I get a sounder sleep too. YMMV though!

Oh man GMO. Hands down one of my favorite strains. Gives a nice full bodied effect.

Similar strains… There’s many but strains vary based on location. Right now I’ve got Garlic Breath and OMFG which both resemble GMO.

For GMO related strains look for buds with garlic, onion, body odor, or just a generally stank. The buds form in these shapes that could be best describes as a closed fist holding up the middle finger. That bud formation is often a good indicator.

-GC

mmm that's 2 of you now praisin GMO to the rafters and is s train I've never even heard of let alone tried - I'll have to put a request into my man, see if he can source any

I do remember a selection I had recently had some GMO in the parentage, and it was 🔥 AF, but I don't remember what it was, cause, you know, can't remember shit. 👍

Oh man GMO. Hands down one of my favorite strains. Gives a nice full bodied effect.

Similar strains… There’s many but strains vary based on location. Right now I’ve got Garlic Breath and OMFG which both resemble GMO.

For GMO related strains look for buds with garlic, onion, body odor, or just a generally stank. The buds form in these shapes that could be best describes as a closed fist holding up the middle finger. That bud formation is often a good indicator.

-GC
Im honestly not a fan of garlic strains but people love them.

I’m more of a blueberry, or lemon haze, kinda guy. I haven’t had really good blueberry that you can smell from another room just from an ounce in a long time. I mean like 13 years…and nothing has ever hit like that. But maybe my tolerance is just different.

Im honestly not a fan of garlic strains but people love them.

I’m more of a blueberry, or lemon haze, kinda guy. I haven’t had really good blueberry that you can smell from another room just from an ounce in a long time. I mean like 13 years…and nothing has ever hit like that. But maybe my tolerance is just different.

100%, blueberry fits the bill...

but i have yet to see any true blueberry in a dispensary and derivitives kind of suck, it almost feels like they're just using whatever passes for blueberry as a cross so they can end up with an appealing name like blue* or *berry.

from what i've seen, i'd say the most available comparable strain is hashplant

Yea my very first high quality strain was blueberry. I’ll never forget when that jar opened the smell of blueberry baked goods wafting through the air.

I love me some BB no lie, but it’s not my favorite. BB is very dreamy and relaxed, makes me too spacey for daytime use. Yet isn’t relaxing enough to be an effective nighttime strain when comparing to others.

But that taste and smell…

You guys are right it’s hard to find good BB. I was lucky cuz for awhile I knew an old timer grower that had some really tasty stuff. But he’s long gone.

Nowadays I’d say the best chance of getting close is blue dream, some batches exhibit that BB smell well but others don’t.

-GC

Bit of an older strain, but if you can get your hands on some Romulan, that is by far the most sedating, narcotic strain I've ever had. By FAR lol.

I walk into my usual shop after work tonight, and lo and behold, they have a Romulan cross amongst the jars - Deep Space (Romulan x Deep Chunk). 🤣

OP - Never had straight GMO so I can't compare, but the Romulan certainly shines through in this Deep Space, it's a 70/30 indica, potent and stony AF, definitely has that warm blanket feel. Might wanna try it if you see it about?