• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Looking for pain relief,just had ankle surgery....best strains??

jeng1128

Bluelighter
So yesterday I had surgery on my right ankle. They gave me Roxicodone 15's (one every4hrs) but to be honest weed works better. Since I live in Ct it's not like I have access to a ton of strains. I had found a great strain for pain from my dispensary(Hawaiian Chem x Lemon alien kush) but of course they sold out of it. I tried a sativa one, which didn't work well at all. I need something that will knock me out. They're trying to sell me Hawaiian Chem x White Haze (which is a 50/50 hybrid) so I don't think that would really help that much. I really don't want anything that would make me energetic right now since I can't get off the couch without dealing with a shit load of pain. Then they said they had Bubba Kush, which I thought would be perfect, but it only has a 13% thc content(and I've been smoking all strains over 20%) so I would think I'd have to smoke a ton of it. It apparently has a really high CBD @ 1.4%, which the guy said would make up for it, but I don't really believe him & this weed is ridiculously expensive. Mob Boss is another option, if anyone knows anything about that strain. I smoked some Sour Grapes x Alien Tahoe OG which really didn't help with pain relief either. My last option is Cherry Pie Og (which I guess is different than regular Cherry Pie GDP x Durban Poison, it's apparently GDP x OG kush.) I've never had the opportunity to smoke some GDP, but I love Og Kush but this last one comes from a dealer not a dispensary, which means I've gotta buy an oz so I better like it lol! Has anyone with a pretty high tolerance ever smoked a lower thc% but higher cbd content and have it work for acute pain relief?? Any suggestions appreciated:) Thanks

Cheese. a very long lasting hybrid , leaning more towards a body high. i have used it alone to recover from wisdom teeth removal so i assume it should help greatly with your ankle pain. If you really need it, mix the roxi's with weed, they potentiate each other , and virtually all pain will be gone for 4+ hours

Try either pure sativas specifically jack herer and Durban poison. It should still have that dense indica feel even though it's sativa shaped. This would be best for daytime as I feel it's heavy on the body sedation while being mentally uplifting making it a perfect daytime smoke.

If you can't find sativa like that purples like GDP, lavender, or purple urkle as well as most indicas mango kush, Hindu kush, Afghan kush, og kush, etc. should all work well. These are sedating all over and are great for the afternoon or bedtime.

I wish you the best on your recovery! It may take time to find the right strain, but this should help guide you there. Also get a tincture out edibles for nighttime. The longer duration of effect will help..... Having to get up in the middle of the night to smoke a bowl can be a pain.

Edit: As for testing look for CBC, which is a great alkaloid for inflammation and pain. The only strain I've seen it in so far is og kush, which may explain your draw to it. The sativa I mention in the beginning should be high in THCv. Look for both of those alkaloids

Get a pure Indica like Afghan, or Afghan kush. It goes really well when combined with a low dose of pharm opiates, and it does as someone else posted about.

You may find that eating THC from an Indica strain to be helpful too. If you can't get a pure Indica get a strain that's mainly Indica.