• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Looking for flavor ideas for a poppy infused wine

Stemie

Greenlighter
Hello friends,
I've been thinking about making a gallon or two of wine at home and infusing it with either dried poppy pods sourced online or wait til the weather permits and hopefully aquire a pile of fresh pods to use during bulk aging to infuse the medicine into the wine, but I've been struggling with coming up with an idea for the base wine flavor that would hopefully somehow find a way to tone down the bitter taste of the medicine. If I don't come up with a flavor that would go well with the poppy I want to at least find something that hopefully won't taste absolutely awful. I make all kinds of wines and meads but my preferences lean towards blueberries, various apples like maple apple and very berry apple, and my woman's invention of pineapple orange guava 🤤 at this time I think something like a maple and brown sugar apple base might be alright with the poppy but that's my best idea. Please drop anything you think sounds good and when I make a decision and finally have a sample of finished product I'll be happy to return and update the community.

why would you mix opiates+alcohol.... really bad idea in the first place and in my experience alcohol is more dysphoric than synergig with opi´s

^^^Yeah I agree, alcohol make opioids feel dirty and detract from the high.

I actually came to enjoy the taste of poppy tea. Although the first time I grew pods indoors, the first batch of tea I made from it was so incredibly (and unusually) spicy that I became worried that I had accidentally grown a high thebaine variety, because I have had alot of pod tea over the years and never did the resulting brew taste this distinctly and unbearably spicy (i could barely finish it, and I'm not someone who is sensitive to taste or spiciness). It almost felt like it was a warning; like I shouldn't drink it because the extreme spiciness was indicative of some poisonous alkaloid other than morphine (because pure morphine is bitter, with not a hint of spiciness). I was rather upset because I had just spent months of work growing these from seed indoors in a grow tent, and based on the very unusual taste, I figured I had fucked up and grown the wrong variety, wasting all that time. I've easily consumed over 100 pounds worth of online purchased poppy pods, and never once did the tea taste unbearably spicy like this. To this day I still don't know what alkaloid or chemical component caused that extreme spiciness/burning sensenation, but I know that it wasn't morphine.

Nonetheless, the drug user in me made sure that I drank it anyway, despite my concerns of potential poisoning, and to my surprise the resulting high was incredible. It was rather stimulating, but also very narcotic and euphoric, reminded more of an oxycodone high than a morphine high. Note, these pods (which were grown from English tasmanian high alkaloid pharma-orginated poppy seeds) were exceptionally potent by weight since I grew them indoors, in a little grow tent, and pumped them full of nitrogen (dried pigs blood) and l-tyrosine in an attempt to increase morphine content. It appeared to work as these pods were more potent by weight by a factor of around 3x compared to any pods I've ever purchased or grown outdoors. I think that first test batch of tea was only from something like 6 grams of dried pod (I dried them at low temp in a food dehydrator).

While I never quite grew to enjoy the taste of those particular pods because the spiciness irritated the throat so severely, I used to actually enjoy the taste of normal online bought, outdoor grown, poppy pod tea (which is very bitter but only slightly spicy, on occasion). I would brew it twice daily and drink it like coffee.

Back to your question, if I had to pair it with a wine, it might work well with a sweet low alcohol content sparkling wine, perhaps something similar to Stella Rosa Black, as the sugar content will help direct the morphine into bloodstream and the low alcohol content wouldn't be too interrupting in terms of the high. You'd also want the opium concentration to be high enough that only one glass would be needed (as to avoid excess alcohol).

But again, I wouldn't consume an intoxicating amount of alcohol with opium as it's a waste of opium since the alcohol makes the high less euphoric, instead making it feel more muddy and sedating.

^^^Yeah I agree, alcohol make opioids feel dirty and detract from the high.

I actually came to enjoy the taste of poppy tea. Although the first time I grew pods indoors, the first batch of tea I made from it was so incredibly (and unusually) spicy that I became worried that I had accidentally grown a high thebaine variety, because I have had alot of pod tea over the years and never did the resulting brew taste this distinctly and unbearably spicy (i could barely finish it, and I'm not someone who is sensitive to taste or spiciness). It almost felt like it was a warning; like I shouldn't drink it because the extreme spiciness was indicative of some poisonous alkaloid other than morphine (because pure morphine is bitter, with not a hint of spiciness). I was rather upset because I had just spent months of work growing these from seed indoors in a grow tent, and based on the very unusual taste, I figured I had fucked up and grown the wrong variety, wasting all that time. I've easily consumed over 100 pounds worth of online purchased poppy pods, and never once did the tea taste unbearably spicy like this. To this day I still don't know what alkaloid or chemical component caused that extreme spiciness/burning sensenation, but I know that it wasn't morphine.

Nonetheless, the drug user in me made sure that I drank it anyway, despite my concerns of potential poisoning, and to my surprise the resulting high was incredible. It was rather stimulating, but also very narcotic and euphoric, reminded more of an oxycodone high than a morphine high. Note, these pods (which were grown from English tasmanian high alkaloid pharma-orginated poppy seeds) were exceptionally potent by weight since I grew them indoors, in a little grow tent, and pumped them full of nitrogen (dried pigs blood) and l-tyrosine in an attempt to increase morphine content. It appeared to work as these pods were more potent by weight by a factor of around 3x compared to any pods I've ever purchased or grown outdoors. I think that first test batch of tea was only from something like 6 grams of dried pod (I dried them at low temp in a food dehydrator).

While I never quite grew to enjoy the taste of those particular pods because the spiciness irritated the throat so severely, I used to actually enjoy the taste of normal online bought, outdoor grown, poppy pod tea (which is very bitter but only slightly spicy, on occasion). I would brew it twice daily and drink it like coffee.

Back to your question, if I had to pair it with a wine, it might work well with a sweet low alcohol content sparkling wine, perhaps something similar to Stella Rosa Black, as the sugar content will help direct the morphine into bloodstream and the low alcohol content wouldn't be too interrupting in terms of the high. You'd also want the opium concentration to be high enough that only one glass would be needed (as to avoid excess alcohol).

But again, I wouldn't consume an intoxicating amount of alcohol with opium as it's a waste of opium since the alcohol makes the high less euphoric, instead making it feel more muddy and sedating.
Very interesting information sir and I appreciate the details in your response.

So just to be clear, this opium wine idea is honestly hopefully more along the lines of either an occasional glass or two for comfort after the particularly rough days at work, or perhaps sometimes pop one open to share a glass with family to complement a fat joint passed around the campfire or similar situations. More generally used as a medicine or a mild relaxer as opposed to something to get gooned on, I would not be imbibing large amounts at a time looking to get either drunk or noddy from it. I understand the health risks that come with large doses of alcohol and opiates mixed together.

I wouldn't go to the effort of making a nice country wine only to spoil it with the taste of pods. Take a clear spirit like rum, dissolve some sugar in that, and add a couple spoonfuls of a spiced syrup (cinnamon / masala chai spice mix works well to make it more palatable).

PS and then take that like medicine, not by the glassful.