• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Recruitment Looking for a new P&S moderator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
The time has come for us to take on a new moderator for this forum. If you're active in this forum and you think you'd like to apply, I encourage you to do so. Applicants should be willing to spend some time every day or at least most days, reading threads and moderating if necessary. If you want to apply, please send a PM to me, willow and ebola containing your application, which should address these questions:

1) What times of day are you generally available? What time zone are you in?

2) Why do you want to help moderate P&S?

3) Why do you feel you would be good at moderating P&S?

We'd like to get this done quickly so please get those applications in! Let's say by next Sunday, February 7th.

Position filled yet? I'm currently in a place where I can and would probably benefit from committing to this, as I take the subject passionately but need something to hold me accountable to the topic on a daily basis.

Is this filled yet? I think i'm really late but i'm definitely interested in giving back to the community in some way.

It's closed, as of today. So yeah a bit late, also stick around and participate for a while, we typically only choose applicants who have some recent history and good participation in the forum. But thanks for your interest. :)

If by chance I were to say by any means I had worthwhile qualifications that would be mod worthy, I'd be betraying myself for not sticking with the idea that ego or pride in me is a setback, only in my position. I'm young, pride is a common trend, and if I recognize for a second that I might be different, then I'd be put back into thought process equality with the rest. You can break a lot of things, but human isn't one of them. So instead I present to you much later than I should have, that I am new, by no means deserve a mod role, am too young to even post and stuck in the trend all teens follow. Good day.

Good day as well. Why you felt compelled to post this bit of info here, is my question.

On a whim I suppose. Hi again btw! You're ability to relate QM in philosophical discussions (as showin in the free will/determinism thread) is quite intriguing. You have a degree in the field, by chance?

Nope, just a hobby. Im formally trained in drugs hence my presence on a drug forum.

If by chance I were to say by any means I had worthwhile qualifications that would be mod worthy, I'd be betraying myself for not sticking with the idea that ego or pride in me is a setback, only in my position. I'm young, pride is a common trend, and if I recognize for a second that I might be different, then I'd be put back into thought process equality with the rest. You can break a lot of things, but human isn't one of them. So instead I present to you much later than I should have, that I am new, by no means deserve a mod role, am too young to even post and stuck in the trend all teens follow. Good day.

To be honest, and my praise should not mean fuck all, but I have been really impressed with your input in P&S. Age really doesn't matter that much. You seem really articulate, thoughtful and honest. I really hope you stick aorund Bluelight and enrich it for many years to come Nix :) I think you will have an interesting life.

For me, I had to step down a few months back because I was getting too much anxiety from modding and life at large. As an opinionated blowhard with constantly morphing values, I found it hard to strike a balance between shitting on what I considered nonsense and encouraging discussion. :D I don't think I struck that balance but I tried...:\

I really dig the community we have at the moment. <3

To be honest, and my praise should not mean fuck all, but I have been really impressed with your input in P&S. Age really doesn't matter that much. You seem really articulate, thoughtful and honest. I really hope you stick aorund Bluelight and enrich it for many years to come Nix :) I think you will have an interesting life.

For me, I had to step down a few months back because I was getting too much anxiety from modding and life at large. As an opinionated blowhard with constantly morphing values, I found it hard to strike a balance between shitting on what I considered nonsense and encouraging discussion. :D I don't think I struck that balance but I tried...:\

I really dig the community we have at the moment. <3

Thank you willow, I deeply appreciate it. But need not feel left out friend, watching your debates with Turk and BD have left me questioning stances to problems I previously thought I'd solved :\. The grace in which you diffuse any tension in an argument is quite a sight to see and it keeps the discussion so fluid in P&S, especially since discussions can feel somewhat heated. I had no idea you were a mod, but it definitely makes sense. No need to wonder if you struck a balance at all, you're still a highly valued member of he community and the BL crew for sure. And I think anyone would tell you the same if you asked :).

I just enjoy the community all the same. I like
being able to bounce ideas off of people, talk casually and laugh out loud, all the while studying medicine (and in which ways I can use it to fuel my personal interests). And I'll definitely stick around. Too much to talk about. <3

See you in the discussions, sir. :D

Yeah sorry, meant to close this and unstick it... which I now have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.