Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Longmire

poledriver

Bluelighter
Does anyone else enjoy this show?

Walt Longmire is the dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Widowed only a year, he is a man in psychic repair but buries his pain behind his brave face, unassuming grin and dry wit.

Longmire__Season_1_2012_R1_CUSTOM-front-www.GetCovers.net_.jpg

Ratings: 7.7/10 from 5,010 users

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836037/?ref_=sr_1&licb=0.602848288603127

I saw one episode in the middle of season 2 and wouldn't mind seeing more. I like Kara Thrace and Wyoming; don't really care for cop shows but I'd watch this one.

Come to think pf it, I'm already watching another cop show: Continuum. I forget that's what it is because of the Sci-Fi angle. Continuum has a great premise and has Rachel Nichols (who looks much better blonde) but some of the writing is very stupid, and I have trouble seeing anti-corporation terrorists as villains.

You may also like The Bridge (another new cop show; the lead detective is Helen of Troy with Aspergers).

Thanks, I just had a look at the bridge and continuum on imdb, they both look good, i'll check them out soon.

That it's on A&E automatically disqualifies it from space in my brain. That allotment's filled by Dog the Bounty Hunter reruns.

Bates motel was alright I thought. I don't really care about what company or channel is behind the shows, more so if I actually like them.

I was just joking. Bates Motel's not bad. I'm still puzzled as to how they got Vera Farmiga to take a tv role. I suppose she's not as large a film star as she used to be.

Yeah but you are right, A&E dont seem to have much on that seems that good.

Storage Wars? ;)
Your point is valid, though. Some of these generally awful channels come out with a series that completely counters the dreck that they usually crank out. The History Channel's "Vikings" for one example. Not that Vikings is spectacular. Just markedly better than Swamp People or American Whatever-The-Fuck.

lol, I havent seen storage wars, but yeah I really enjoyed vikings, I thought it was close to spectacular, it had me very hooked. I think the first season has finished now?

I saw the first episode of 'The Bridge' last night as mentioned by numbers on the 2nd post and I think I can get into it, seems decent enough. I also grabbed Continuum season 1, so I'll try that out soon too.

A few people have mentioned 'the bible' so I'll probably give that a go soon as well, it just started here last night on tv (that's how far behind we are in Aus), but I didn't watch it, I really can't stand watching much on TV here as the ads go for too long and I can't pause the show.

Stay as far away as you can from Storage Wars.
Vikings is good. I always hated that Gabriel Byrne guy(except for The Usual Suspects) but the show, the main character are pretty cool.
The first season is complete, yes.
The Bridge is on FX, right? I'd like to check that out.
How long do commercial breaks last in Australia?
I know The Bible was huge with religious types. Kind of like "The Passion of the Christ" where all Jesus friends decide it's required watching. I skipped it.

I haven't seen the Bible or the Passion, but the only Christian-themed entertainment that seems worth watching is The Last Temptation. Everything else just seems to be weighed-down by piety.

No doubt. The fact that some Christians still despise The Last Temptation makes it worthwhile in and of itself. IMO.

The Bridge is on FX, right? I'd like to check that out.

Yeah I think so, I think I recall the logo on the show.

How long do commercial breaks last in Australia?

I'm not exactly sure, something like a few minutes to 5 or so minutes I think, but sometimes it seems they raise the volume for them and also cut bits of the show to fit them in.

Some of the shows are being 'fast tracked' from the US now so as to cut down on piracy, shows like game of thrones and a couple of others, which I think are on the next day after airing in the US, but some of them are on cable here like foxtel or Austar which I dont get, i'm not really in a position to pay for another subscription to something I'd hardly use.

Last edited:
5 minutes is ridiculous. A lot of cable providers here seem to raise commercial volume as well. Stupid Comcast, in particular.

I had no clue. Thank you.
I know they still do because aside from noticing it while conscious, my gf leaves the tv on while we sleep.
I occasionally get woken up by it and it's always during commercial breaks/change in volume.
I'm gonna double-check and make sure I'm not imagining things. If I'm not, I will. Report it.

I feel a certain amount of guilt over using bittorrent as well. Do you have a acquaintance/family member that has a cable/satellite account that has programming online?
We have a little more than basic cable in our apartment but I watch most of my favorite shows through my mom's Dish Online account and HBOGO. She certainly pays enough for the service and it's within her rights to have multiple IP's accessing the websites through her accounts. Makes me feel less guilty.
Someone with a better understanding than me would have to give a description of Neilsen Ratings. You're right in that it's based upon the viewing habits of a preselected group of households. They do track through surveys and more recently I believe they've started using some kind of tracking device attached to the cable/satellite boxes of some viewers as well. The tracked group is well aware they're being monitored. They keep track of what they watch and for how long, etc.
I watched the pilot of The Bridge. Looks very promising. Poor Shaggy almost got his ass blown up.

Do you have a acquaintance/family member that has a cable/satellite account that has programming online?
We have a little more than basic cable in our apartment but I watch most of my favorite shows through my mom's Dish Online account and HBOGO. She certainly pays enough for the service and it's within her rights to have multiple IP's accessing the websites through her accounts. Makes me feel less guilty.

No, I'm not even sure how that works tbh, here it works like this - You subscribe to either foxtel cable (city areas) or you subscribe to Austar (regional, country areas with a small dish thing on your roof), there are probably a couple of other providers in other states, but these are the only two I know of in the state I live in. I used to use the foxtel cable when I lived in the city and you get a set top box that links to the cable network and you get to watch the shows, they have since started to offer things like a set top box that you can record and watch the shows when you like and pause etc. But if you wont to have it in multiple rooms of your house you have to pay extra for another box etc. You can only watch what they buy the rights to and show. So you might get game of thrones and a few other big name shows with a whole load of other ones that are not so popular or expensive for them to buy. Afaik there is no way to stream it over the net or log in using multiple IP's or anything. You dont need the net at all to use it. The net is another separate subscription and the deals are pretty shitty over here for net. Slow speeds and data caps etc for alot of plans, I guess it's because Aus has a relatively small population and is so far away.

Last edited:
This show is back on for anyone interested. Season 3, I just watched Ep 1 last night.