• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Long use of Methylone causing long term depletion in Dopamine?

CallMeEloy

Greenlighter
Hey, I was wondering if use of Methylone causes permanent damage of dopamine?

I am 21 years old, I have used methylone for 2 1/2 years, on and off. No heavy usage but i'd say 2 weeks apart and sometimes 1 week apart. I officially quit recently, but have noticed my motivation towards life is very low. When I was younger if I got something new I would be excited. Now I can go on a great vacation or get a new car and yet not be excited and even bored very quickly. Do I have damage towards my dopamine causing me not to really be excited about life anymore?

Is there any way of maybe going to see a Dr. and get this fixed medicinally?

That is very heavy, actually. I'm not even slightly surprised you are feeling down.

Heavy methylone use would be multiple times a week.

Just take a break and it will fix itself. I noticed methylone did this to me too, but only when I would binge on it.

I won't lie I recently went through a binge and jesus how expensive it got for me.. I have an addictive personality so when I took 2, I would find myself craving more and get 4 more which isn't good at all, So imagine, multiple re-doses that are higher then hmm... 150mg? THAT probably caused this low motivation? And yes after no use of it for like a month everything would seem normal again lol.

Heavy methylone use would be multiple times a week.

Just take a break and it will fix itself. I noticed methylone did this to me too, but only when I would binge on it.

If you're using heavy serotonin dopamine/serotonin releasers once a week or even ever week or two, that is too much.. when you release vital neurotransmitters at heavy rates and don't allow yourself time to recover, you're going to run into a multitude of problems. I don't know why people think this is any different for methylone than it is for any other DA/5-HT releasing drug

If you're using heavy serotonin dopamine/serotonin releasers once a week or even ever week or two, that is too much.. when you release vital neurotransmitters at heavy rates and don't allow yourself time to recover, you're going to run into a multitude of problems. I don't know why people think this is any different for methylone than it is for any other DA/5-HT releasing drug

Probably because methylone doesn't show the immediate severity that other releasers do. It feels entirely benign other than the uncomfortable stimulation when coming down which is a large part of the problem. I used to use the stuff multiple times a week and the damage was far less noticeable although I never really associated my loss in pleasure with possible dopamine damage until now.

I've never once had an MDMA style crash from methylone no matter how much I used. That doesn't make it safe to abuse and people need to know that. Same thing with mephedrone really.

Hey, I was wondering if use of Methylone causes permanent damage of dopamine?

I am 21 years old, I have used methylone for 2 1/2 years, on and off. No heavy usage but i'd say 2 weeks apart and sometimes 1 week apart. I officially quit recently, but have noticed my motivation towards life is very low. When I was younger if I got something new I would be excited. Now I can go on a great vacation or get a new car and yet not be excited and even bored very quickly. Do I have damage towards my dopamine causing me not to really be excited about life anymore?

Is there any way of maybe going to see a Dr. and get this fixed medicinally?

It's called getting older. I no longer find loads of stuff interesting that I used to. Christmas is just bleh. Birthday is bleh. Etc.

Just my thoughts.

It's called getting older. I no longer find loads of stuff interesting that I used to. Christmas is just bleh. Birthday is bleh. Etc.

Just my thoughts.
That's probably about right. Also try exercising heavily regularly. That will speed up recovery. Your brain has a tendency to repair itself albeit slowly, homeostasis.. Unless you deprived your brain of oxygen it pretty much will eventually fix itself.