• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Long Term Opiate Abuse ?'s

OHtoCA614916

Greenlighter
Hello all,

So im 25 years old, and I used prescription opiods for nearly 5 years. I was fresh out of college, got a job doing physical labor to pay the bills, was offered to me, and thats how everything began. It got to the point that i had no limits, and was basically using as much of the drug as i could afford. I bounced from using percocet when i could, to buying suboxone to try to have a half way normal life. I then quit everything cold turkey for 8 months. I slipped up, used, got introduced to heroin, used that for 5 more months and decided to hang up my guns again.

I am now over 13 months clean and sober. I made up my mind I was done. My questions are about my long term effects.

I feel like my cognitive functions are way lower than they used to be. When someone drops a witty lone, it almost always go's over my head immediately, which neverrr ysed to happen.

Im pretty sure i still have depression. I could honestly care less about most things. (Not like when you withdraw, im light years ahead of that). But i know im not where im supposed to be.

I also suffer really bad social anxiety now. I dont like going around random people at all, to the point i dread going to the gas station to get cigs. I feel like im loght years behind all of my peers.

Honestly, i dont think that i like who i am. I operate heavy equipment for a loving now, and wake up at 430 am every day, im good at what i do, and i make good money, but i cant feel proud of myself for anything...

I dont have health insurance or id go talk to someone.

I also have never posted here. I used to come here and lurk when i was withdrawing really hard and needed some support. Im not even sure if this is the correct area, but i really wanted to reach out to some people with insight.

Thank you in advance.