• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Long term offects of nutmeg's recreational use.

TumajNuri

Ex-Bluelighter
Greetings... It's been so long since I've replaced illegal drugs with (legal) deliriants like Nutmeg and Datura. As you know, Nutmeg is classified as "deliriant" but the effect of this drug is very similar to those effects you get from THC. I consume it every day. Sometimes I get a very intense headache when I overdose on it, But at low/moderate doses (2 seeds) I feel a sense of euphoria that lasts for days.

Now... I want to make sure if it is safe to use Nutmeg on a daily basis? how about long-term effects?

Last edited:
Hmmm, your path is pretty much opposite from the one I normally see. Young folk learning that nutmeg and/or datura is a thing, having a bad time and then coming to illegal drugs a little later. There is a couple people here who report nice things from low doses of datura like you do, but it has a very dark reputation around here. Lots of dumb kids giving other dumb kids a whole pod to eat and ending up in the hospital with tubes in them, at best.
Not sure at all about daily Nutmeg use, I always had more side effects than fun personally. I'm not sure any studies have been done, it's a rare thing to meet anyone who likes it and would like to make a habit of it, you're the second I've met actually.
So until someone smarter comes along I say if you're feeling healthy I wouldn't worry too much, just keep an eye on your health both physical and mental.

I don't actually think there are any studies on nutmeg, it's not really a common recreational "drug".

Weed has its downsides of course, but its definitely safer than nutmeg which can cause convulsions, vomiting, dizziness, breathing difficulties, fever and panic. Its not a wise idea to use nutmeg regularly.

Plus you're from Iran, I'm pretty sure you have there an extremely high quality hash, I personally wouldn't even bother with nutmeg

I don't actually think there are any studies on nutmeg, it's not really a common recreational "drug".

Weed has its downsides of course, but its definitely safer than nutmeg which can cause convulsions, vomiting, dizziness, breathing difficulties, fever and panic. Its not a wise idea to use nutmeg regularly.

Plus you're from Iran, I'm pretty sure you have there an extremely high quality hash, I personally wouldn't even bother with nutmeg

Ha ha... Yeah, Iranian hashish is very popular despite nowadays it's a little bit pricey.

Last edited:
Hmmm, your path is pretty much opposite from the one I normally see. Young folk learning that nutmeg and/or datura is a thing, having a bad time and then coming to illegal drugs a little later. There is a couple people here who report nice things from low doses of datura like you do, but it has a very dark reputation around here. Lots of dumb kids giving other dumb kids a whole pod to eat and ending up in the hospital with tubes in them, at best.
Not sure at all about daily Nutmeg use, I always had more side effects than fun personally. I'm not sure any studies have been done, it's a rare thing to meet anyone who likes it and would like to make a habit of it, you're the second I've met actually.
So until someone smarter comes along I say if you're feeling healthy I wouldn't worry too much, just keep an eye on your health both physical and mental.

Many thanks... You're absolutely right. Almost all of my friends claim they hate all deliriants because they get no "pleasure" from delirium state...

Last edited:
^
correct but i think this is only an issue with high doses and hepatoxicity is much more worrying.

anyways if you like nutmeg try getting your hands on some MD(M)A and smoke some weed on it then watch for people with backpacks and glasses.