• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Long Term IV heroin user with over 20 rehabs/detoxs trying to get on Methadone LI, NY

MikeySpikes

Greenlighter
Long Term IV heroin user with easily over 20 rehabs/detoxs trying to get on Methadone (Long Island, NY) my address is Suffolk, but I live in Nassau county with someone so my name is not on the rent but I do get some basic snail mail here like magazines and maybe some spam mail to possibly show I live here if that works, but Suffolk has a 2 Month waiting list when I called them and I want to live...
Its getting worse and worse, I was narcanned in my car with it running at a gas station last week and woke up to police and an ambulance, and IDK out of pity or God they just took me to the hospital and then let me go... I dont have insurance anymore and I do work so I can not get on medicaid . ObamaCare premiums suck for me because on paper I make 35,000 + a year but of course I am an active user so I am spending that and more on just trying to get by.
The reason I want to get on methadone is because at this point I surrender and I dont trust myself, I have tried subutex and suboxone, I have an entire bottle of both and I can not wait the time it takes to get inducted with out using because of how bad my withdrawals are right now. At this point I know methadone will likely be a life long thing for me or at least a long term, I have tried everything else.
I am tired, really really tired and just am looking for other local options. The Hauppuage , NY has a 2 month waiting list! Is there other locations that dispense methadone?

Good on you for reaching out.. you're probably gonna just laugh this off, but have you tried NA? - shit saved my life, and a lot of people there have hook-ups for help especially in your own area.... Imagine waking up in the morning and your first thought is something like, "I gata piss" not "I need a line"

Just saying, it's possible.

Do you have i insurance of any kind OP? What kind of methadone program are you looking to get into? Private clinics generally can get people in for induction sighing a week or ten days of your reaching out. Public clinics tend to have longer waitlists.

dude dont give up...i know people who have used for 30 plus years and are clean today..this isnt the end...just the beginning