View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Long NBOME relapse or anxiety?

nalvan

Greenlighter
Well i wanted to know what should i do and i needed help. This might be a little to long, im sorry for that, hope you take the time to read it:

A little bit about myself. I am a 19 year old typical guy. I've always been shy when it came to talking to woman, but not such a big deal. I dont get nervous around large group of people, even tho i enjoy my alone time. Nor my parents or my brother have any kind of anxiety disorder, neither DID i. Never experiened a panic attack before. I used to get nervous in some situations but the normal kind of nerves. I do stuff like chewing my nails or talk fast, but thats about it, i never been the kind of person who spend two hours thinking in everything (i actually been told i should think twice before i act :p).

Anyways i been experience anxiety after almost 2 and a half months, after abusing nbomes (25i i believe). I knew it was nbome. I did half the first day i did mixed with weed and alcohol, i have a good time. The second time (3 weeks later the first time) i did a quarter, mixed with weed and alcohol. Pause. In this trip is when shit started going down. I had a beef with my best friend about a week before this trip. And the friend i was going to trip with invited him, so i was having a good time until he arrived. We didnt fight but it was akward and i was able to realize that my trip took the rough way since his arrival. Then, we decided to go to a bar. In the way to the bus stop i thought we were being chase by a guy who was walking 50mt behind us. Plus a guy that looked like the typical argentinian thieft (i say thypical because the use a typical clothing) asked us for some weed. By the time we got to the bus stop i had to go home because i could control my panic in the street even less in a bar full of people. i went back home and once in my room i keep on panicking so much that i considered and almost did wake up my parents and tell them to take me to the hospital because i thought i was having a hearth attack. I didnt, and eventually i calmed down and enjoy the last 2 hours of the trip. The next time i tripped (one week later.. i know that was stupid) i actually think i had a good time, but i cant really remember shit.. actually i believe after that trip the next weekend i tripped again but i cant really remember if they were two or one. Anyways after that trip (the third or the fourth :/ as i said cant remember, i think they were good ones tho..) a week later, again, i tripped for the last time, it was everything cool until i had a panic attack in the middle. It lasted for like 15 or 20 minutes, but even tho i was panicking and high i managed it quite alright. I was just lying on my bed watching tv and thinking "yea, im shaking and sweating, it because of the drugs its normal noting is going to happen, my hearth is racing for the same reason so just chill and watch the tv". 2 days later i went to Europe with my family. Experiencing anxiety i thought it was normal because is well known that after taking psychedelics or mdma and things like that, that your serotonin levels need to get back to normal. But since i wasnt aware of this and i wasnt aware that i was having anxiety, i had a lovely trip luckily. I almost had a panic attack in the plane when i was going. I remember not knowing what was happening to me and thinking stuff like "ok.. what about this fear, i traveled in planes before and i never experienced this wth?". 2 weeks later, after feeling weird from time to time during the trip (specially when we sit down to eat, and stoped walking), i got my first and, i believe, last panick attack. I was in my hotel room sleeping and i had it. When i came back to Argentina i googled it and i realised i was having anxiety, so i immediately talked to my best friends mom, who is a psychiatrist. (i also talked with my best friend and fixed our little beef). She made me do a blood test specially to check my serotonin levels and my cortisol levels. She told me not to eat 48hs before the test (between many others) chocolate, and i did because i forgot. My serotonin came 72ng/dl (the normal levels being between, according to the internet 100ng/dl to 230ng/dl and according to the lab between 50ng/dl to 200ng/dl) and if i had not eaten chocolate it could have been even lower. My cortisol came 23ng/dl being 20ng/dl the top according to the lab. Since my mistake with the chocolate i have to re do it a week later. My serotonin levels were now in 98ng/dl. I also did a magnetic brain resonance and everything was ok, normal. My psychiatrist told me that this is what happened: "At the beggining i was feeling anxiety because of the drug relapse. That made me acumulate a lot of stress wich is why i still feel anxious after that. She said that what i have to do is keep calm and not do any kind of drugs, exercise and eat healthy and i will get back to normal". The problem is that i read thread from people talking about this but i havent read much threads of people that have this for almost 2 and a half month and that ended up good. Since calming down was hard for someone who is really stressed (is like your emotions are made out of Crystal, everything give you that feeling in the chest.. the anguish) She gave me Clonazepam to take for two months (a low dose, a quarter with the lunch and a quarter with the dinner).

If you're still reading, thank you. this is the main question, Should i take clonazepam? should i keep on waiting to see if this is only a drug relapse (a particularly long one..)? Do you have any similar experience? or do you have any clue about what this could be? THANK YOU!!!

ps: i call them trips, but i didnt have like crazy alucinations or crazy revelations, i spend most of the time like a retard sitting in front of my computer watching the fresh prince of bel air on netflix and listening to led zeppelin.. at the same time.. yeah..

Might want to edit your post buddy. Not many people are going to read a wall of text like that. You would get more responses that way. :)

1) Don't get prescribed benzos. Don't take benzos daily. I'm now a recovering heroin addict because of my physical addiction to benzos turning to harder drugs.

2) The brain naturally heals itself over time. Try meditation. Check out Kelly Howell's Universal Mind Meditation on youtube. Check out Richard Bandler's Neurosonics 6-CD set. Try yoga. Learn how to breathe - really BREATHE IN ALL THE WAY, hold it for 5 seconds, slowly breathe out for twice as long as you breathe in, and HOLD your lack of breath until you naturally inhale again.

I had a similar experience. I took 3000ug (3 tabs) of 25i at a rave last year (I was 19 at the time) expecting it be L and lost my shit. I kept on experiencing panic attacks months after the trip. Eventually the panic attacks went away. It just took time. I'd recommend excercising daily and eating well. I feel like taking benzos to treat anxiety just makes things worse. Benzos feel nice when you're on them but when you don't have any the anxiety is worse than ever. If you're looking to trip I would stick to real L. 25i just feels like poison

Last edited:
ty both for your answers!. Thora, my panic attacks left in the first two weeks, what is persisting is the anxiety, did yours anxiety left?

Pardon my ignorance but what is an nbome?

it's a class of research chemical related to the 2C-X series. It's much more potent than the 2C's and has full 5HT agonism, whereas most other psychedelics only have partial agonism. Due to this property, 25i-NBOMe would require a much smaller dose by volume than 2C-I, the chemical it's derived from. It's also got a much lower LD-50 than LSD does, even though on the streets, NBOMe's are sold to people as LSD.

So in short, it's a phenethylamine that people sell as LSD because it's cheaper and they can make more money. It's also dangerous at common recreational doses.

OP, I encourage you to give your text some paragraphs, it's really hard to read in my opinion. :)

You can use the clonazepam, but I would certainly not use it everyday, but only if really needed. if the anxiety persists, I recommend Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, as I had good experiences with it. it is basically about confronting your anxiety and thus getting more "comfortable" with it, which will make the panic attacks less bad over time.
Meditation or similar techniques are also something you might wanna look at. If you try to supress your anxiety, it will only feed on it, the key is to accept these feelings while not obsessing on them at the same time.

but as I said, please format your text, because I couldn't read all of it!

@Blue Kuru
look around this forum, there is plenty information on these drugs, they are basically analogs of the more well known 2C-Phenethylamines (like 2C-I, which would be "25I-NBOMe").

Ive been on daily benzos for a while and it was hell to get off them. Its no way to get over anxiety when your brain needs to rebalance.
Your psychiatrist must not be experienced with psychedelics affecting a person this way. It should not be confused with being acutely stressed from something that happened so much that pausing the healing process is the better option for a little while, or anxiety that is very chronic and persistent.
Then again psychedelics do tend to facilitate imprinting and having anxiety attack type stuff during trips can become engrained in a sensitive person temporarily when not handled properly during the trip.

Avoid cannabis, it can trigger anxiety besides relieving it.
Of course also avoid psychedelics.

Taking clonazepam is okay actually for the occasional panic attack if other techniques fail to nip it in the bud.
You are encouraged to discuss it with your psychiatrist letting him know if you reconsider.. and not to make decisions in secret, that is no way to have counseling.

Ive been on daily benzos for a while and it was hell to get off them. Its no way to get over anxiety when your brain needs to rebalance.
Your psychiatrist must not be experienced with psychedelics affecting a person this way. It should not be confused with being acutely stressed from something that happened so much that pausing the healing process is the better option for a little while, or anxiety that is very chronic and persistent.
Then again psychedelics do tend to facilitate imprinting and having anxiety attack type stuff during trips can become engrained in a sensitive person temporarily when not handled properly during the trip.

Avoid cannabis, it can trigger anxiety besides relieving it.
Of course also avoid psychedelics.

Taking clonazepam is okay actually for the occasional panic attack if other techniques fail to nip it in the bud.
You are encouraged to discuss it with your psychiatrist letting him know if you reconsider.. and not to make decisions in secret, that is no way to have counseling.

So basically i just need rest and good habits. I found really hard to believe that it bring an anxiety disorder i already have, because i actually have a really good life, dont have major problems, im confident about myself, i have friends and a family that loves me, i dont have it on my genes as far as i know and i never had something like this before in my life until i used nbome.

If you can, don't take the clonazepam. It will only hide your symptoms and they can be addicting. And trust me you don't want to be addicted to benzos.
Your psychiatrist's advice is solid: eat healthy, exercise (especially cardio stuff), do some breathing exercises and remember to drink at least 1,5-2 liters of water every day.

So basically i just need rest and good habits. I found really hard to believe that it bring an anxiety disorder i already have, because i actually have a really good life, dont have major problems, im confident about myself, i have friends and a family that loves me, i dont have it on my genes as far as i know and i never had something like this before in my life until i used nbome.
25I is filthy, toxic, anxiogenic SHIT. Get your hands on some good clean LSD instead.

this might be considerable for future reference if OP actually wants this game again, but for now, it's a pretty useless suggestion ;)

it's a class of research chemical related to the 2C-X series. It's much more potent than the 2C's and has full 5HT agonism, whereas most other psychedelics only have partial agonism. Due to this property, 25i-NBOMe would require a much smaller dose by volume than 2C-I, the chemical it's derived from. It's also got a much lower LD-50 than LSD does, even though on the streets, NBOMe's are sold to people as LSD.

So in short, it's a phenethylamine that people sell as LSD because it's cheaper and they can make more money. It's also dangerous at common recreational doses.

Thank you for the detailed description