• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Long(ish) term damage from MDMA?

anoslw

Greenlighter
Hi, this is my first post so sorry if I break any rules.
Tried to use the search box to find help but everyone seems to either have had bad effects after taking too much MD, or effects from years of taking it, whereas I'm a bit different.
I first starting taking MD about 4 months ago, and haven't taken it for a month. The first time I took 500mg, although it was probably not very pure (that being said, I was fucked out of my mind but loved it). In the space of 3 months I took it about 15-18 times (lost count), and usually took half a gram each time. I started getting bad anxiety but didn't relate it to the drug as none of my more experienced friends ever had that. Now, I haven't taken it in over a month but get weird muscle spasms and cramps and heart flutters. It feels like one side of my body is numb or not working properly, too. Had loads of ECGs and blood tests, all came back normal. I'm determined never to take drugs again, as I never had any problems with my body before I started taking MD. I'm worried that maybe one time I had a mini-stroke and that's what has caused my body to feel weird/numb/spasm on one side, but my blood tests don't show anything. All the doctors I've seen have no idea what is wrong. Has anyone else experienced anything similar/did it go away in time? Also, I do get panic attacks (only since taking MD) but they've become more manageable and less frequent since I've stopped taking it. I never had them before. When I'm actually high on MD, I feel calm and no anxiety, it's only a few days after. However, as I said, I'm never going to take it (or any other recreational drug) again.

Last edited by a moderator:
but everyone seems to either have had bad effects after taking too much MD, or effects from years of taking it, whereas I'm a bit different
No, you're not different, 500mg is a waaaaaaaay too high dose and 15-18 times in 3 months is waaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaay too frequently. That's plain abuse, far from normal MDMA use. A normal dose for someone with a low tolerance is around 120mg and a good break between rolls is a minimum of a month, not 6 days. What you're experiencing is a normal reaction after such ludicrously high doses so frequently and there's really not much more you can do than wait it out. That's sadly the price you pay for abusing a drug like MDMA :) it will start to get better but you have to go on with your life as best you can, lingering on it will only slow down recovery. In the mean time try to live as healthy as possible and get plenty of exercise (this helps a lot).

In case you do decide to try it again, buy a testkit and test your stuff, that way you'll at least have some idea about what you're putting in your body, it could have been anything, it likely isn't pure MDMA if you took 500mg for your first time and enjoyed it. Also it might do you some good to read this thread, it gives you some basic pointers on how to use MDMA sensibly. Should you ever decide to try out a new drug, please do some research first, you would've known you were rolling too frequently and on too high doses. I'm going to add the (untested) prefix to your thread. Welcome to bluelight by the way

Last edited:
No, you're not different, 500mg is a waaaaaaaay too high dose and 15-18 times in 3 months is waaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaay too frequently. That's plain abuse, far from normal MDMA use. A normal dose for someone with a low tolerance is around 120mg and a good break between rolls is a minimum of a month, not 6 days. What you're experiencing is a normal reaction after such ludicrously high doses so frequently and there's really not much more you can do than wait it out. That's sadly the price you pay for abusing a drug like MDMA :) it will start to get better but you have to go on with your life as best you can, lingering on it will only slow down recovery. In the mean time try to live as healthy as possible and get plenty of exercise (this helps a lot).

In case you do decide to try it again, buy a testkit and test your stuff, that way you'll at least have some idea about what you're putting in your body, it could have been anything, it likely isn't pure MDMA if you took 500mg for your first time and enjoyed it. Also it might do you some good to read this thread, it gives you some basic pointers on how to use MDMA sensibly. Should you ever decide to try out a new drug, please do some research first, you would've known you were rolling too frequently and on too high doses. I'm going to add the (untested) prefix to your thread. Welcome to bluelight by the way

thank you! I normally am pretty good about researching stuff, just this time I (stupidly) took advice from my friends who have been abusing it for years and not had any really bad side effects, however they're clearly just very lucky. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely use a test kit if I do decide to take it again in the future!

thank you! I normally am pretty good about researching stuff, just this time I (stupidly) took advice from my friends who have been abusing it for years and not had any really bad side effects, however they're clearly just very lucky. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely use a test kit if I do decide to take it again in the future!
You're welcome :D yeah it happens, sadly the vast majority of people don't have any idea what they're doing when they start using MDMA. I've done my fair share of stupid things when I first started using MDMA, partly indeed because I was misinformed by my mates. It's a very powerful drug and as such it can have pretty severe consequences when abused. But you'll be alright, it always passes. Good to hear you're getting a testkit, there's a whole lot of fake or adulterated MDMA on the market, weak product is the least of your worries, there are things sold as MDMA that are very toxic, a testkit will help weed those bad pills/crystals out. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask here on bluelight, that's what this site is for. Some other very helpful sites:
  • Bluelight MDMA wiki (a whole lot of information about MDMA summarized)
  • Erowid (general drug information, legality, dosage, chemistry,...)
  • Pillreports (database with pill reports submitted by users, gives you an idea of how strong a pill is and if it's pure or not. Use this in conjunction with a testkit)
  • Ecstasydata (Testing center. You can send a pill to them and for a fee they'll lab-analyze it. Also has a database of analyzed pills)