• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Long comedown and disturbing nightmares - amphetamine

AnxiousBee

Greenlighter
Hi all, long time lurker and newbie here. Looking for some feedback

On Thursday evening I was drinking with a friend, by midnight I was pretty drunk and wanted to take some amphetamine (whizz) me and my friend took about 2 grams (base) between us and did so it little bits throughout the night.

I had my last hit at around 9.30am on Friday morning and spent the rest of the day chilling out waiting for the comedown to pass. I couldn't eat anything but figured I'd be ok the following day. Yesterday (Friday) the comedown didn't feel too bad and by midnight I was able to sleep a decent 8 hours, but when I've woken up today and been up a few hours I've started to feel extremely unwell, disorientated, nauseous and irritable.

I spent most of today veging on the couch but felt exhausted so went for a nap at about 4:30pm, I had some really weird and disturbing dreams which seemed to last longer than they did as I woke up again at just 7:00pm feeling as though I had slept for 8+ hours. After waking up im even more disorientated than before and I'm really anxious as a result of the dreams, part of it contained the world coming to an end and me being at the centre of it, but it was very vivid. I won't go in to all the other weird parts of the dream(s) but it was very frightening, some parts were revolting, and I'm struggling to shake off the feeling of anxiety afterwards - worried about going to sleep again tonight in case it happens again.

I've taken whizz bbefore on several occasions, but many years ago. I struggle to recall exactly how I felt the day or two after taking it, vaguely remember feeling a bit sick, but don't remember the nightmares.

Is this common? Am I likely to get them again? Why has it happened? I don't take amphetamine on a regular basis so I'm pretty much ready to write it off indefinitely after this.

Last edited:
Hi all, long time lurker and newbie here. Looking for some feedback

On Thursday evening I was drinking with a friend, by midnight I was pretty drunk and wanted to take some amphetamine (whizz) me and my friend took about 2 grams (base) between us and did so it little bits throughout the night.

I had my last hit at around 9.30am on Friday morning and spent the rest of the day chilling out waiting for the comedown to pass. I couldn't eat anything but figured I'd be ok the following day. Yesterday (Friday) the comedown didn't feel too bad and by midnight I was able to sleep a decent 8 hours, but when I've woken up today and been up a few hours I've started to feel extremely unwell, disorientated, nauseous and irritable.

I spent most of today veging on the couch but felt exhausted so went for a nap at about 4:30pm, I had some really weird and disturbing dreams which seemed to last longer than they did as I woke up again at just 7:00pm feeling as though I had slept for 8+ hours. After waking up im even more disorientated than before and I'm really anxious as a result of the dreams, part of it contained the world coming to an end and me being at the centre of it, but it was very vivid. I won't go in to all the other weird parts of the dream(s) but it was very frightening, some parts were revolting, and I'm struggling to shake off the feeling of anxiety afterwards - worried about going to sleep again tonight in case it happens again.

I've taken whizz bbefore on several occasions, but many years ago. I struggle to recall exactly how I felt the day or two after taking it, vaguely remember feeling a bit sick, but don't remember the nightmares.

Is this common? Am I likely to get them again? Why has it happened? I don't take amphetamine on a regular basis so I'm pretty much ready to write it off indefinitely after this.

Hey there, its always good to see new people join Bluelight, im reatively new myself (several months, still green light status).
As for your question and concerns about the dreams and physical effects you discribed, i would say the origin of such an unusual dream would be from the Amphetamine its self, it is (correct me if im wrong) one of the most psycho-active stimulants that we can take, along with meth. IV meth was my drug of choice for a few years and i have had many similar instances and i believe they are (for the most part) normal side effects, im actually suprised you where able to take the nap you said you did, but when i would take big doses and manage to fall asleep with the aid of sleeping pills or not, probably 75% of the time, i would have vivid, strange, scary, and some what psychadellic dreams that where like an acid trip from hell. As for the discomfort in your stomach/nausea, i would assume its from the alcohol you took (especially if its cheap) and the lack of food in your stomach from appatite supression from the Amphetamine. The disorentation could be from several different factors or a combination of them, just the ones i can think of off the rop of my head, it could be from elivated blood pressure coupled with vasoconstriction of you blood vessles leading to less blood to the brain and outer extremities (hands, feet, etc.), or the consumption of alcohol, also, the Amphetamine could have been home made and highly impure and contained toxic byproducts if you dont know where it came from, or malnurishment from appetite supression. The irritability if more than likely from lower levels of Dopamine, Serotonin, Norepinephrin, Noradrenalin, etc. Because Amphetamine causes your body to deplete these chemicals from your brain which are crutial for happiness, motivation, relaxation, and proper fuctioning of almost everything in your body among many other things. Sorry for the lengthy post but i hope i covered everything and hope this helped.

Also if you dont mind me saying, you should refer to the Bluelight Basic Drug Discussion Guied lines if you havent already, in your post you said you and your friend have and or did something illegal, i just recently reread it and noticed that in most of my posts i self incriminated myself as well by saying "i have this" or "im on this" which it says you should avoid doing, im assuming so you dont get into trouble by the authorities but im not positive about the reason.

Hi there,

Thanks very much for the welcome for your quick and informative reply. I appreciate you taking the time to explain as you have.

It's reassuring to know others have had somewhat similar experiences in relation to nightmares after psycho active stimulants.

As of now, I'm feeling a slight bit better than I did when posting and am about to have my first meal since Thursday lunch time. I had a sandwich at around 9:00pm but nothing else since, and I'm guessing the factor of not having much left in my stomach wouldn't have helped the comedown. With a bit of luck I'll sleep soundly tonight and the nightmares won't happen again, I really hope as much because as much as I know it's nothing serious, it's kinda freaky.

I hadn't read the basic drug guide lines for the site but I'll go and do so now. I didn't consider I could be implicating myself (silly me) but I can see exactly why that would be now in hindsight :)

a benzodiazepine will help aid in the crash with amps
it will relax you and will help get some sleep

I was gonna try to come down without the help of alcohol. Didn't work out so well. Having A beer. Wish me luck, it's a rough one.

Hi there,

Thanks very much for the welcome for your quick and informative reply. I appreciate you taking the time to explain as you have.

It's reassuring to know others have had somewhat similar experiences in relation to nightmares after psycho active stimulants.

As of now, I'm feeling a slight bit better than I did when posting and am about to have my first meal since Thursday lunch time. I had a sandwich at around 9:00pm but nothing else since, and I'm guessing the factor of not having much left in my stomach wouldn't have helped the comedown. With a bit of luck I'll sleep soundly tonight and the nightmares won't happen again, I really hope as much because as much as I know it's nothing serious, it's kinda freaky.

I hadn't read the basic drug guide lines for the site but I'll go and do so now. I didn't consider I could be implicating myself (silly me) but I can see exactly why that would be now in hindsight :)

You are very welcome, always happy to help someone out, if you want and dont mind reading another long message, i can give you a lot of advise on keeping your body as healthy as possable and helping reduce the very neurotoxic, CSN damaging, health demishing, brain power destroying propertys that are so common in meth/Amphetamine and make it so you can actually gain weight and health while getting spun (as long as drugs are being taken, ones health will never be perfect but you can prevent serious and sometimes perminate damage). I have several degrees majors and minors in exercise physiology, cellular and molecular physiology, biology, bio-chemistry and a few other that are irrelavent to the point im trying to get accross, the tips and suppliments and everything else if you want to hear it are all things i do myself and are studied and proven to work and are tried an true rather than some people that read something off a random website page and regurgitate it to everone else with no proof (my biggest pet-peeve). So if you want to hear it, let me know haha, im always happy to help.

I was gonna try to come down without the help of alcohol. Didn't work out so well. Having A beer. Wish me luck, it's a rough one.
I tried that twice and my body wint take Amps and alcohol together, i puje almost immediatly, good luck to you brother

a benzodiazepine will help aid in the crash with amps
it will relax you and will help get some sleep
This is something i do also and definatly helps but you have to be carefull when doing so, you dont want to end up with a poly-drug addiction. I prefer clonazepam and cyclobenzaprine.

This is something i do also and definatly helps but you have to be carefull when doing so, you dont want to end up with a poly-drug addiction. I prefer clonazepam and cyclobenzaprine.

I'm trying to stay as organic as possible. Of course there's nothing organic about meth but if I can keep from putting more chemicals the better I'll feel about myself. Just saying.

I'm trying to stay as organic as possible. Of course there's nothing organic about meth but if I can keep from putting more chemicals the better I'll feel about myself. Just saying.
I definitaly understand that, i try to keep everything Paleo, organic, non-processed, non-, certain drugs are pretty much the only non-natural substances i allow in my body. I generally prefer to take melatonin, something named "Calms Forte" and a few glasses of "relaxation tea" and a natural Growth Hormone supplement. I prefer not to smoke weed to come down either because i find it increases my heart rate by 30-40 more bpm. I take diazapines and benzarines when i really need to sleep.

I definitaly understand that, i try to keep everything Paleo, organic, non-processed, non-, certain drugs are pretty much the only non-natural substances i allow in my body. I generally prefer to take melatonin, something named "Calms Forte" and a few glasses of "relaxation tea" and a natural Growth Hormone supplement. I prefer not to smoke weed to come down either because i find it increases my heart rate by 30-40 more bpm. I take diazapines and benzarines when i really need to sleep.

And that's how you live longer and quite possibly an easier come down, don't you think?

And that's how you live longer and quite possibly an easier come down, don't you think?

Exactly, only puting natural things in your body that we were created to ingest and have been available from the time man could walk is how we where supposed to be so using common sense, thats how you stay truly healthy. These things that humans addapted to over time like the preservatives and artificial sweeteners and Genetically Modified corn as fillers and animal meat that is pumped full of antibiotics and that same animal that is fed only Geneticaly Modified corn rather than there natural feed, are all not what out bodys can propery utilize an nutrition and dozens of reputable studys show that the unnatural foods that are abundant these days is linked to several types of cancer, reproductive harm, birth defects and is one the main causes of children as old as 7-8 beggining puberty from hormones in the food in the meats, increased number of people with Diabetes, auto-immune diseases, learning disabilities and littleraly hundreds of other very serious illnesses.....But, as an occasional drug user, i cant say im much better. Though, if i didnt care about health and eating right/fitness, i would be a lot worse off than i am now, im sure same with you

Exactly, only puting natural things in your body that we were created to ingest and have been available from the time man could walk is how we where supposed to be so using common sense, thats how you stay truly healthy. These things that humans addapted to over time like the preservatives and artificial sweeteners and Genetically Modified corn as fillers and animal meat that is pumped full of antibiotics and that same animal that is fed only Geneticaly Modified corn rather than there natural feed, are all not what out bodys can propery utilize an nutrition and dozens of reputable studys show that the unnatural foods that are abundant these days is linked to several types of cancer, reproductive harm, birth defects and is one the main causes of children as old as 7-8 beggining puberty from hormones in the food in the meats, increased number of people with Diabetes, auto-immune diseases, learning disabilities and littleraly hundreds of other very serious illnesses.....But, as an occasional drug user, i cant say im much better. Though, if i didnt care about health and eating right/fitness, i would be a lot worse off than i am now, im sure same with you

Definitely, being a 44 year old Hispanic women, eating all the processed foods and fried everything growing up fortunately didn't take a toll on my body and seeing my generation along the way made think I should take care of myself because I am predisposed to genetic diseases and I want to have quality of life so if the worse thing I put in my body is methamphetamine so be it. That's if I do it right. My diet will compensate in the long run. Or I might be wrong but I can look in the mirror and see a healthy woman who doesn't look her age and takes pride in her body. Quality of life.

Last edited: