• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

(Long)(Adderall) No tolerance yet, body toxicity?

Deelf

Greenlighter
So I have been abusing (still above my fill date) my Adderall IR a bit this month, I had some extra from previous months of my 20mg x2 a day. I've been using the prescription daily for 3 months, sometimes skipping a day or two on weekends. Yesterday I took 60mg the day before 60mg. I first started only double dosing to begin with for recreational use at parties when I got the script in December.

Today I took 80mg and it punched me in the face. One at 8am, two at 1pm and another at 3pm. I was hyper focused from 3-11pm, euphoric, lost track of time working on homework and everything.
But when I take 1 in the morning before class I still get the hyper focus like I would with 80.

Is it possibly to not have built a tolerance after 3 months of almost daily use? 10 years ago, I was actually dosed from 5 to 36mg of concerta so I assume my amph tolerance started high? But hasn't seemed to increase.

I usually eat late in the day after I take my dose so the onset is greater. But, I drink nearly 2 gallons of water a day and run a few miles every other day, could this help prevent tolerance build up?

As for side effects, maybe a mild headache in the evening at a higher dose, no mood changes, trouble sleeping(it's only 1:30am in Alaska) or depression. Only poor circulation and purpleish hands and feet with some heart palpitations (strong/aggressive heartbeat, no irregular rhythm or flutters) and recent minor tinnitus(ear ringing) without hearing damage, which I think is due to physical stress.

Is this a sign of toxicity even though I have zero negative social/mental repercussions, only physical side effects?

Sincerely,

An ADHD student

As for tolerance, there's so many factors it's hard to say.

I think side effects are a sign of damage occurring, the damage is what causes the body to alert you to the damage. But having said that, i think that a lot of damage is reversible.

I think that exercise, increased water intake and increased positive caloric intake can theoretically prevent damage from drugs altogether if they aren't abused too recklessly. Sounds to me like your dosages are pushing pretty far past what would be healthy for the average person though. The thing with toxicity and damage is, you won't know until it's too late.

Concerta works entirely differently and there's no way that years later it could have much to do with your current amp tolerance.

Most call drug use a slippery slope for a reason though. Some people are able to maintain a steady relationship with one drug or another their whole lives, other people implode right away, and then some people drift along fine until they fall off a cliff at a random time. So just know what you're up against with drugs in general.