Lost lonely after overdose death of best friend

paladincowboy

Greenlighter
i don't especially want to go into details. we were extremely close and spent a lot of time together. he died last month. i can't help but feel upset and isolated in social situations without him. how do i feel normal again?

i don't especially want to go into details. we were extremely close and spent a lot of time together. he died last month. i can't help but feel upset and isolated in social situations without him. how do i feel normal again?

*hugs* I'm so sorry that happened to you. My best friend/soulmate died as a result of addiction too (from a fatal alcohol withdrawal seizure, not an OD) so I know how you feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
*hugs* I'm so sorry that happened to you. My best friend/soulmate died as a result of addiction too (from a fatal alcohol withdrawal seizure, not an OD) so I know how you feel.
thanks for your kindness. how have you gone on knowing you can't be with them anymore?

thanks for your kindness. how have you gone on knowing you can't be with them anymore?

I haven't really tbh. Sorry I don't have an answer for that one. I basically take a lot of benzodiazepines, opioids and sleeping pills to help dull the pain.
Sometimes (especially if I've taken a lot of sedatives) I see him in my dreams and we're together again. In those dreams, at least, I'm happy for a while.

I haven't really tbh. Sorry I don't have an answer for that one. I basically take a lot of benzodiazepines, opioids and sleeping pills to help dull the pain.
Sometimes (especially if I've taken a lot of sedatives) I see him in my dreams and we're together again. In those dreams, at least, I'm happy for a while.
the past month i've had three or four vivid dreams of him and wake up confused and out of touch with reality. it feels like the day after a trip when you feel like you're not in the same world everyone else is.

the past month i've had three or four vivid dreams of him and wake up confused and out of touch with reality. it feels like the day after a trip when you feel like you're not in the same world everyone else is.

I feel for you man, really. I lost my best friend almost six years ago. Died in a fire. He wasn't even into drugs.

I see him in my dreams as well. He never speaks to me. I think he can't speak because of the smoke inhalation. Sometimes his skin is burned, sometimes it's not. Sometimes the dream won't even involve him, yet he's there anyway.

All I can say is, it does get slightly easier as the years go by. If you was really connected to him like I was, the pain won't ever go away though. Every year on the anniversary it gets really intense, but I prepare for it and luckily by now I can somewhat manage my emotions.

I feel for you man, really. I lost my best friend almost six years ago. Died in a fire. He wasn't even into drugs.
Grief is a very hard thing and takes time.
it has “stages”.

Sending you all my love and reminding you that you are NOT alone in this world.
thank you for the advice. i'm glad there are people who understand. it's as if i lost half of myself so i think its gonna hurt a long time but i have a good support system so i'm managing

My best friend died who o hardly knew I split with girlfriend off five years was heartbroken and had not kept up with most of my friends so I had no one except him it was a crazy year full of parties out of all mephedrone and mdma and cocaine we had fake ecstacy pills killed him and the only reason we took then was cos we didn't want to take mkat.
The pills were pma I left ten mins before he died it didn't truly hit me depression wise until six month later

Use to go to his house at five pm to smoke weed and watch films we even went round without bud was group of friends
The girl who got the pills had to do four years in jail for supplying she had no intent of killing him she had knew him for nearly a her life