• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Loads of people prescribed Stimulants - Not passing UA

tokayeahok

Bluelighter
hey guys. dunno if we’ve got any fellow BLs on tiktok or if there is a thread on this - but i’ve been running across loads of videos of people prescribed medication for ADHD, and then taking a urine analysis and coming back positive. this all started because people were claiming their medication hasn’t been feeling the same, if at all. so these people have tested themselves - granted they could be using inconsistent UAs that have different thresholds for said stimulants but there are so many it’s concerning. i’ve heard this with adderall & longer lasting ones such as vyvanse/dextro-amps.

i know there is an adderall shortage but anyone wanna chime in with ideas with what may be happening here? i was prescribed when i was younger albeit not anymore but i would be fuming if my medication was not working properly.

cheers

hey guys. dunno if we’ve got any fellow BLs on tiktok or if there is a thread on this - but i’ve been running across loads of videos of people prescribed medication for ADHD, and then taking a urine analysis and coming back positive.
Positive means there was whatever they tested for in their piss and confirmed that was their tolerance and usual stimulant delusions and what not.

Positive means there was whatever they tested for in their piss and confirmed that was their tolerance and usual stimulant delusions and what not.
my apologies i was completely baked writing this. i meant their tests were coming back without any drugs showing up at all - not even amps.

apologies for the confusion friend

Well if those people are telling truth I would be less surprised if tests are wrong (a few times I had them come negative when they should have been positive and vice versa, it ain’t that rare) than if their meds were bunk. If they are getting them on black market that’s another thing.

Well if those people are telling truth I would be less surprised if tests are wrong (a few times I had them come negative when they should have been positive and vice versa, it ain’t that rare) than if their meds were bunk. If they are getting them on black market that’s another thing.
nah, these are legit prescriptions, mostly adderall & dextroamphetamines. like i mentioned, most of these people were curious why their meds quit working & then proceeded to get a UA & nothing seems to be popping up.

Over the counter UA dipsticks that you buy at the drug store are not that accurate. Even ignoring the motivation to lie for views, there's a lot of room for well-intentioned misinformation being spread purely based off shitty results from cheapo products.

The quick cup or dipstick tests you can purchase from Amazon or your local pharmacy are surprisingly sensitive (in my experience) to AMP and mAMP. I had taken quite a bit of dextroamphetamine and the thing showed as + for both AMP and mAMP. I had a drug screen for an upcoming job and while I expected the and could explain the AMP result, would have been not so easy for the mAMP. I have a very hard time believing these tik-tok posters. They all seemingly want views and will jump on any trend or bandwagon. Aren’t you surprised that it’s either kids/younger adults making these claims and not verified medical doctors or pharmacists who are willing to put their credibility on the line by asserting wide spread dilution or substitution of a CII medication?

Thats not to say these tests are by no means perfect and I would not doubt that some are getting results not expected; however, I’d attribute this not to some conspiracy of drug manufacturers. I take 2-4mg of Clonazepam daily and there is almost always a very faint line in the benzo test strip… this is because many benzodiazepine immunoassays reliably detect nordiazepam (metabolite of diazepam), oxazepam, and temazepam, but are less effective in detecting alprazolam, lorazepam, or clonazepam.

I also did not experience any inability to obtain my stimulant medication during the shortage; I’m lucky by using an independent shop that did something right because I did see others first hand calling all the big box spots and waiting a week or two to get their meds.

If someone has or can point to some truly empirical data regarding false negative AMP tests, I’d welcome it. Until then, I remain highly skeptical.

hey guys. dunno if we’ve got any fellow BLs on tiktok or if there is a thread on this - but i’ve been running across loads of videos of people prescribed medication for ADHD, and then taking a urine analysis and coming back positive. this all started because people were claiming their medication hasn’t been feeling the same, if at all. so these people have tested themselves - granted they could be using inconsistent UAs that have different thresholds for said stimulants but there are so many it’s concerning. i’ve heard this with adderall & longer lasting ones such as vyvanse/dextro-amps.

i know there is an adderall shortage but anyone wanna chime in with ideas with what may be happening here? i was prescribed when i was younger albeit not anymore but i would be fuming if my medication was not working properly.

cheers
If this was true and anyone was actually mad about their meds not working their first step would have been to test the pills with a reagent test, which is much more reliable than urine tests.

nah, these are legit prescriptions, mostly adderall & dextroamphetamines. like i mentioned, most of these people were curious why their meds quit working & then proceeded to get a UA & nothing seems to be popping up.
The lab is fucking up or they are lying.

If it’s a legit script the are QC tested to contain amphetaimne and 100 % do