L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Living Single

riddler2k7

Bluelighter
Lol I'm not talking about the tv show, I mean I know I have other post about how it seems like I'm being forced into relationships one cause "I'm of that age" and I'm the last of my friends and family. I just want to know how I can tell my friends and family that I'm not interested in a relationship. Is anyone else who has given up and accepted a life of loneliness or "the single life".

how old are you?why arent you interested in a relationship?do you enjoy your solitude too much or what?i was the same way, i never wanted a serious relationship and still dont really but it never stopped people from asking..it took years for them to stop asking...the best thing to do is act indifferent to their questioning..

what strikes me as strange as you must not be content as a loner if you are willing to accept a lifetime of loneliness..loners are alone but not lonely, big difference...

I've just always been a loner, don't really wanna be but just have. Sometimes I do, but from certain people. I feel like I can't , lol I'm sorry but that stupid geico "I'm a loner, and a loner gotta be alone" commercial came on. Great timing hu? But cause of past experiences, mental issues, I guess I don't want to put my heart out there anymore. I've never felt the good side of putting yourself out there just the constant pain of rejection and just being used as a joke mostly. So why continue when I have no reason to believe? I've written in other sections too like the suicide help thread. I'm trying to have hope maybe just acceptance and trying to deal is the only way I go. Iono my mind is always all over the place, and each day that goes by gets harder to get up with that can do attitude. And I'm only not lonely when I'm not slately but I guess even that shows I need something...

After my marriage ended I just did my own thing and as each year passed it became clear that I was destined to be alone and I decided to simply accept it.

After my marriage ended I just did my own thing and as each year passed it became clear that I was destined to be alone and I decided to simply accept it.

So what do you do with your days? Do you still have friends or are you completely alone. And how did you just accept it?

i'm single but it's not because i "gave up" it's because i can't stand relationships. try a few and you might feel the same and be happy being single. being single doesn't mean you can't see girls either, just don't get tied up. i don't get the need to have a girlfriend, it just means you can't have sex with other girls really.

Lol I'm not talking about the tv show, I mean I know I have other post about how it seems like I'm being forced into relationships one cause "I'm of that age" and I'm the last of my friends and family. I just want to know how I can tell my friends and family that I'm not interested in a relationship. Is anyone else who has given up and accepted a life of loneliness or "the single life".

25 and will not even think relationship for few years unless its open relationship type stuff. I've got the career, and now everyone expects the "meet the nice girl and settle down" type life style. i'm as far away from that as I was at the age of 16. I would never get married with the way divorce laws are set up. (gonna get bashed for this but) I cant stand feminists who want everything equal but are ok with the divorce laws being the way they are here in America.

who in their right mind would get married in America without a prenup atleast (I hear they are semi-breakable) i'm sorry but as a strong non desperate male I couldn't ever understand.

also, you sound very contradicting in your post. you start off by making it sound like you want the single life, you are all about it and don't want to share a life with someone else. Then as you get to the end of your post you talk about "given up and accepted a life of loneliness"????

either you want the single life, which if you do, loneliess shouldn't bother you otherwise you would want a relationship. and then you ask if others have given up?? help me out here man.

25 and will not even think relationship for few years unless its open relationship type stuff. I've got the career, and now everyone expects the "meet the nice girl and settle down" type life style. i'm as far away from that as I was at the age of 16. I would never get married with the way divorce laws are set up. (gonna get bashed for this but) I cant stand feminists who want everything equal but are ok with the divorce laws being the way they are here in America.

who in their right mind would get married in America without a prenup atleast (I hear they are semi-breakable) i'm sorry but as a strong non desperate male I couldn't ever understand.

also, you sound very contradicting in your post. you start off by making it sound like you want the single life, you are all about it and don't want to share a life with someone else. Then as you get to the end of your post you talk about "given up and accepted a life of loneliness"????

either you want the single life, which if you do, loneliess shouldn't bother you otherwise you would want a relationship. and then you ask if others have given up?? help me out here man.

Ooo when I say relationship I mean just that. Like friendship and well I guess there is only two types. I want a relationship with a person, a friend that I can feel comfortable with. I don't want a romactic relationship, well specially with girls. I'd be friends with anyone, not romactically. I have too many fears and paranoia about that. I don't even think of marriage or stuff like that. I think every deserves at least one true friend, or so I thought. Only reason why I might say I want a gf is to rub it in all my friends faces and say I can get a gf I'm not just some dog that filters follows all you around for your pity. Like right now I'm at my parents house where I grew up so a'll my friends live there and only want to hang out then. They never drive to visit me. I use the word friend very loosely. He just asked me, "hey I see your home, you wanna come out to dinner with us? ( him and his gf) ." Why would I? Why would anyone? So basically I want a real friendship, not a relationship that leads to me getting a gf or bf.

Nothing wrong with living your life on your own terms. We don't have to conform to what society expects of us. We are not in this world to live up to others' expectations. Live your life for you. I am alone now and I am comfortable with it, obviously apart from sex. Relationships are hard work.

So what do you do with your days? Do you still have friends or are you completely alone. And how did you just accept it?

You don´t have to label yourself as a loner. If you really want to be alone that´s gonna happen. It´s okay and even nice sometimes to be single. But if there is any part of you that wish to be with someone but you are thinking you don´t deserve it. I would tell you not to settle for this.
What I´m trying to say is: don´t give up on yourself. Go seek your happiness.
Maybe that´s only our 'fear' of failing speaking louder, but in that case you could try to ignore that and look for what´s best for you, not what´s more convenient.

There is a lot of people alone out there. It does not have to be like that.

You don´t have to label yourself as a loner. If you really want to be alone that´s gonna happen. It´s okay and even nice sometimes to be single. But if there is any part of you that wish to be with someone but you are thinking you don´t deserve it. I would tell you not to settle for this.
What I´m trying to say is: don´t give up on yourself. Go seek your happiness.
Maybe that´s only our 'fear' of failing speaking louder, but in that case you could try to ignore that and look for what´s best for you, not what´s more convenient.

There is a lot of people alone out there. It does not have to be like that.

Great post. Do what makes you happy. If you're happy being single then stay that way, if not, then change it.

Having a small, ineffectual penis = A lifelong sentence of being lonely.
Luckily, I don't mind being alone, as I'm a born loner and am quite good at entertaining myself.
However, I am jealous of of my peers' marriages, children/babies, good sex lives, and significant others now that I am encroaching middle age.

It's difficult to keep your heart open and be bright and bubbly all the time, which is conducive to attracting the right person. Especially when you've been alone for awhile.. we all need touch, physically and emotionally, and the longer you go without it the more cranky you get. It's a vicious circle. It doesn't help that modern dating is all over the fucking shop and people are pretty atomized these days. I remember being very young and having the realization that "shit, this is going to be difficult [finding someone]".

Along with finding people with a similar appreciation for what life is, finding a companion is one of the other few motivating factors I have for not just ending it. Life just seems really pointless without connection to other people. Keep your chin up :)