• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Little bit of everything keeping myself in check

It's right there in the title:
LITTLE BIT of EVERYthing

I've gone through multiple addictions over the last 50+ years: alcohol, cocaine, opioids, benzodiazepines, methamphetamine.

I always get in trouble when I fixate on one drug. I end up doing it every day, then multiple times a day, then it becomes all I care about.
These days I dabble in a little bit of everything (except benzos-- those fuckers are just too hard to control for me) and I am able to enjoy a variety of recreational substances without getting strung out on any one thing.

The only drugs I consume all day every day are nicotine and caffeine. Probably will till the day I die.

It's right there in the title:
LITTLE BIT of EVERYthing

I've gone through multiple addictions over the last 50+ years: alcohol, cocaine, opioids, benzodiazepines, methamphetamine.

I always get in trouble when I fixate on one drug. I end up doing it every day, then multiple times a day, then it becomes all I care about.
These days I dabble in a little bit of everything (except benzos-- those fuckers are just too hard to control for me) and I am able to enjoy a variety of recreational substances without getting strung out on any one thing.

The only drugs I consume all day every day are nicotine and caffeine. Probably will till the day I die.
Always been this sort of user, it's possible to chip for a decade or two but eventually the addictive behaviors will show and tolerance will grow anyway, IME. I also think this sort of atypical addiction is harder to treat as almost all treatment models are made for regular users with a DOC.

Buprenorphine + low amount of long acting benzodiazepine is a good one. Pharmaceutical adhd medications used in low doses BUT never in amounts to stay up/binge.