View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lithium and NBOMe interactions?

MollyOverMary

Greenlighter
I apologize if this has been discussed before, I have been lurking for awhile and cannot find a thread on this specific combo.

SWIM is precribed lithium, prozac, and depakote. He has also just received 3 free tabs of NBOMe from a buddy. He is aware that taking LSD with lithium can really enhance the effects and be potentially dangerous, and isnt sure if that also applies to NBOMe. He is okay with taking half a tab, but just wants to know the dangers, If any.

Thank you very much.

Also, if it makes a difference, SWIM hadn't taken the meds for 2 weeks prior to today. So this morning was the first time in 2 weeks the meds were taken.

If LSD and lithium is dangerous, then I'd speculate that mixing it with NBOMe is significantly more dangerous, and should be avoided.

It's way too dangerous, don't even take half a tab if you don't want seizures or a trip spiralling out of control - all of which leading to accidents, hospitalizations or being arrested.
Granted this doesn't happen to everyone who tries tripping on lithium 100% of the time, but the interaction appears to be quite risky and NBOMe compounds are not exactly safe to begin with.

Interactions do not seem to be restricted to LSD, but also other psychedelics strongly suggesting that it's a general contraindication: that it goes for all manner of serotonergic psychedelics. And NBOMe compounds are really among the most potent ones in that category. You can do the math?

Last edited:
What Solipsis said, 100%. If it's known to potentiate the effects of LSD, and NBOMe compounds are known to be potent full-agonists, I don't at all believe there's a safe way to do this unfortunately.

If you insist on tripping whilst on lithium, please seek something other than an NBOMe. It's not in any way worth the risk.