View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lithium and lsd

notmicah

Greenlighter
at the beginning of the year I was on 1000mg on lithium daily and my dumbass did about 250 micrograms of lsd. i had done acid on lithium before so i never checked drug interactions anyways to the story... the trip started great sick visuals nice headspace. was being drove around by someone and i remember at one point my thinking was getting so out of the world that i couldn't talk. no biggie fuck talking. the person driving me around was my father. now the weird thing is i think he caused the bad energy in the air. he's always been weird my mom thinks he's schizophrenic and his grandma was so it makes sense... anyways about 4 hours into the trip it starts getting intense as fuck. the whole time he's preaching his craziness to me leading my brain to overthink and think and think and think... we arrive at a park and i step out and can't even walk. the whole everything was this sort of pink color (not a color i could ever see again) and there were these crazy trees idk. i could taste the color and the sound it was so much. thats the last part i remember. i do not remember the seizure but i was told it lasted about 6 minutes. no 911 calls. from stepping back into the car after the pink park i remember nothing up until the point of me in the bathroom changing (i had pissed myself during the seizure) ever since that day nothings been the same. i don't know if i did brain damage or anything but i can't focus for shit and things become "too much" very easy.the other part is not very describe-able it is also VERY hard to be comfortable. i know lsd and lithium is bad but deep down i think my dad helped overload my brain. i am slowly getting better on a good note. any possibility i fucked up very bad? will i ever feel better...? PLEASE NEVER DO LSD AND ANY SSRIS OR ssri type medicines. yes i know lithium isn't an ssri.

Last edited:
It's fine to take LSD with an SSRI, and taking an SSRI with LSD does NOT weaken or blunt the effects of the LSD.

Now Lithium is a completely different drug and you should not take psychedelics or other drugs while on it.

We're not doctors or medical professionals here on this site. If you have questions you should go to see the doctor who prescribes you the Lithium, tell him or her how you took LSD or even a research chemical that was sold as LSD, and about any other drugs either legal or illegal that you take, how you are taking Lithium and how you had a seizure and the side effects you are getting.

Please do this. What happened to you could have been from various things that a doctor will be able to determine why you had the seizure, and what to do now and will be able to tell if you need the lithium or other medications decreased, increased, or if you are epileptic and need medication for that or need a medication besides lithium.

Last edited:
Gotta second the Priest.

Lithium is nasty stuff and will do bad things to you if you get outside the dosage range. Which is why it's only used in more serious psychiatric conditions. And serious psychiatric conditions by themselves are reasons to wait on psychedelic usage.

But your seizure probably had to do with electrolyte levels more than brain damage, lithium being a salt that messes with other salts. Not brain damage. Then again, maybe you have some complication that needs to be looked at real soon. Either way, your doc isn't going to put you in prison for admitting illicit drug use.

And get better friends please, who will call for an ambulance if you or a different friend or a stranger start seizing. Six minutes is long enough to die, and more than enough time for an LSD-impaired person to figure out it's real. You don't get busted calling in an emergency (but empty your pockets anyway).

It's fine to take LSD with an SSRI, and taking an SSRI with LSD does NOT weaken or blunt the effects of the LSD.

Well actually many people report that being on SSRIs dampens the effects of psychedelics significantly. Some don't seem to react this way though. But yes, it's perfectly safe to combine LSD with an SSRI.

As for lithium... yeah, lithium + LSD causes seizures, the fact that you didn't have a seizure the previous time you combined them means you're lucky. Your dad certainly made it more stressful it sounds like but you absolutely CANNOT combine lithium and LSD, it's very dangerous. If you do it again you will probably have another seizure, regardless of whether your dad is there or not. As for whether you did damage, maybe, you'd have to see a doctor for that. a 6 minute long seizure is serious business though, people can die from that shit. 911 should have been called, without a doubt.

Take care...

(This is veering off topic, but I can't stop talking about myself: SSRIs haven't had an affect that I've noticed, and it doesn't seem like any interaction could happen. But, if you consider most of their effects are from downregulation of receptors, that could have an effect depending on dose and length of therapy.)