• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Liquid wash with recrystallization help

citypress100

Bluelighter
Recenty got a batch of coke that was cut with meth, so I decided to wash the coke with Hexane as meth is insoluble in it. Once everything soluble dissolved, I ran through a filter onto a pyrex dish and let it evaporate.

But my question: is there a way to protect the evaporating solution from bits of crap floating in the air? I noticed once it had all evaporated and I was freeing the crystals with a razor that bits of dust and hair etc had got stuck whilst it was drying. My home is fairly clean, but I have to keep the window open to allow ventilation and it takes some time to dry. Living in a city, the air here is not exactly clean....

Any suggestions appreciated. 👍

If the dish is small enough maybe put a coffee filter over it and then a fan on it to speed up the process that the coffee filter will likely slow down. It'll take longer but will keep shit out of it

If the dish is small enough maybe put a coffee filter over it and then a fan on it to speed up the process that the coffee filter will likely slow down. It'll take longer but will keep shit out of it
Yeah good idea. I was thinking cling film with small holes in it at first, but something absorbent and pourous would work a lot better.

Also, with other liquid-liquid extractions where the 2nd substance you are trying to remove has slight solubility in the solvent you are using and you've carefully measurre the appropriate amount of solvent, what do I use to flush the filter paper to push the crystals through the paper, as I can't use the original solvent due to absorption of the cuts I'm trying to filter out. Do I need a vacuum pump?

what do I use to flush the filter paper to push the crystals through the paper, as I can't use the original solvent due to absorption of the cuts I'm trying to filter out. Do I need a vacuum pump?
Good question. I just use isopropyl alcohol for hash oil that's stuck on the coffee filter but idk if that would work for what you're working with